A 20 kg block is initially at rest a 70N force is required to set block in motion after motion a force of 60 N is applied to keep block moving with constant speed The coefficient of static friction is ____ ans. 0.35 i want answer with full solution ASAP

A 20 kg block is initially at rest a 70N force is required to set block in motion after motion a force of 60 N is applied to keep block moving with constant speed The coefficient of static friction is ____
ans. 0.35 i want answer with full solution ASAP

Grade:11

7 Answers

Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
Found your question.
See the concept here is basically of frictional forces. The static frictional force acts on a body when it’s not in motion and as soon as it starts motion kinetic frictional force starts acting.
The maximum force required to set a static body in motion is equal to the maximum amount of static frictional force acting on the body. The formula for static frictional force is same as that of kinetic frictional the only difference is that co-efficient of frictional force changes.

Now in this case, the maximum frictional force needed to start motion of the body = 70N
This equals to the maximum static frictional force. = \mustatic x N 
Here N =20 x 10 

so 70 = 20 x 10 x \mustatic so you get \mu = 0.35 

I hope this helps :) Approve the answer if you liek it :)
Ananya Sharma
36 Points
8 years ago
No the forum team said that i asked you all the questions in one thread itself instead they told that discuss the questions in each and every different thread as you wouldn’t get the points even if i approve then as it’s one thread they didn’t had any problem with my questions and your answers so would you help me today i do have doubts in 10-12 questions would you ?
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
They did mention it but that’s not a problem :) Of course i’ll help you. Post the questions separately and send me the links here ok ? :)
Ananya Sharma
36 Points
8 years ago
If ur thinking that the things aren’t adequate then i’m not posting the questions
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
I’m sorry i didn’t get you? What happened? You post the questions i’ll answer them :) 
Ananya Sharma
36 Points
8 years ago
http://www.askiitians.com/forums/General-Physics/ans-with-soln_131200.htm
Ananya Sharma
36 Points
8 years ago
http://www.askiitians.com/forums/General-Physics/ans-with-full-soln_131202.htm

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free