Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
  • View Details
Get extra R 150 off

sir i am persuing b-tech final year in information technology i want study astronomy(about earth,stars)after completing my b-tech is it possible to study astronomy.

plz tell me i have very interest to study this subject

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Vecha

Yes its possible

Astronomy colleges in India that conduct academic study programs include:

• Center for Research and Education in Science and Technology, Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Block II, Koramangala, Bangalore – 560034; Tel.: 080-25530672; Website:

Course: Research programs in Sun and Solar Systems, Space Astronomy, Stellar and Galactic Astronomy, Extragalactic Astronomy and Cosmology, and Techniques and Instrumentation

• National Center for Radio Astrophysics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Post Box 3, Ganeshkhind, Pune – 411007; Tel.: 020-25719000; Website:

Course: Graduate Internship in Radio Astronomy

• S. N. Bose National Center for Basic Sciences, Block JD, Sector – III, KOlkata – 700098; Tel.: 033-23355706; Website: Course:Scope of Astronomy in India

• for more information see their websites.

All the best

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on General Physics

What is the range of conductivity of semi-conductors?
    The range of conductivity of semi-conductors in SI unit is 10 5 – 10 -6 Sm -1 . Hope you understand my answer . ALL THE BEST...
    Adarsh 2 months ago
    A concave mirror is broken into two parts and these parts are separated by a distance if 1 cm.The focal length of the mirror is 10 cm.Find the location of images(in cm),formed by the 2...
    ¬ A concave mirror is broken into two parts and these parts are separated by a distance if 1 cm. The focal length of the mirror is 10 cm. Find the location of images(in cm), formed by the 2 ...
    Ronak Shaikh 2 months ago
    a particleparticle moves along a straight line. a force acts on particle which produces a constant power it starts with initial velocity 3 and after moving a distance 252m its velocity is...
    Power is constant hence, a = (6-3)/t = 3/t m/s^2 (change in velocity) From 2 nd law of eqn. we get, 252 = 3*t + 0.5*(3/t)*t^2 252 = 3t + 1.5t t = 252/4.5 t= 56 s
    2017 years ago
    A faulty thermometer has its fixed point 5 and 95 .this thermometer reads the temperature of a body as 59 .then the correct temperature of the body on the Celsius scale is
    Here faulty reading (x)=59 Lower fixed point of faulty readind (L.F.P)=5 Upper fixed point of faulty reading (U.F.P.)=95 Fundamental interval (F.I.)=95-5=90 Correct reading(C)=?...
    U.Divyatejasree 27 days ago
    Please help with the question attached in the file. Thank you
    Since the condenser(capacitor) plates are oppositely charged, they exert (equal)force on the charged particle in the same direction and hence the total force on the particle is the sum of...
    Raman Mishra one month ago
    The stoping potential is equal to maximum kinetic energy of photo electron in eV
    @ vikas what excatly your question ?? i am not getting it . will u be little bit elaborate the query , so, that we can help u out from this .. actually stopping potential is the minimum...
    Umakant biswal 2 months ago
    View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
    • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
    • View Details
    Get extra R 3,750 off

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
    • OFFERED PRICE: R 600
    • View Details

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On General Physics

Ask Experts