Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
  • View Details
Get extra R 150 off

I know the light emitted from the sun has all the wavelengths, and the higher energy ones are blocked because they cannot pierce the atmosphere. But I know the Radio waves, Micro waves, and Ultra Violet come through, so why can't we feel them? And why is is that we can feel Infared energy and not radio waves?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear nitin,

Lots of radio waves are too large wavelength to interact with us, additionally radio and microwaves from the sun don't carry that much energy (overall) to affect us (see UV light causes sunburns and DNA damage (i.e. we do feel it) even though it is mostly blocked by the atmosphere, because they are much higher energy (and more flux is delivered in UV; again, see the black-body article).

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on General Physics

A ball is thrown eastwards across a level ground.A wind blows horizontally tothe east and assume that the effect of wind is to provide a constant force towards the east,equal in magnitude...
This is simalr to the motion of projectile as whatevr method we always apply to it. The thing that is different is only that the acceleration in horizontal direcn is not zero or constant....
Vikas TU 2 months ago
I think the angle is of 45 as it provides the maxmimum range and the wind is also blowing in the same direction and it gives force of egual magnitude to all the angles so for max range...
Prsahant Parashar 2 months ago
I thi
Prsahant Parashar 2 months ago
a dimensionless quantity______ (a)never has a unit (b)may have a unit (c)always has a unit (d)does not exist
@ shlok the option no 1 – never has a unit will turn out to be the correct option here . beacuse in the dimensionsless quantity is always unit less like the ratios , strain etc .. Hope it...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Can carbon produce photoelectric effect? when use the laser wave 470nm. voltage between anode and cathnode is limited in the range -1 V to 1 V. Thanks~ Could you send the answer to Email:...
Only metals whih has valency of +1 and +2 are suitable for Photoelectric process. As they are in a rapid condition to take electrons to complete its octet. Thus are more eager to show...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Five balls numbered 1 to 5 are suspended using separate thread pairs ( 1,2 ) ( 2,4 ) ( 4,1 ) show electrostatic attraction while pairs ( 2,3 ) ( 4,5 ) show repulsion therefore ball1 must be
it must be neutra. 2 and 4 show attraction means have opp. charge 2 too show attraction with 1 means 1 and 4 should have same charge but as they are showing attraction too then 1 should be...
sahil one month ago
mathematicallly what is the recoil velocity of a gun.derive it plz
@ yusuf below i am explaining the recoil velocity of the gun derivation , suppose m1 is the mass of the bullet m2 = mass of the gun . v1 = velocity of the bullet v2 = velocity of recoil of...
2017 years ago
What is the use of Electric Generator?
A generator is a device that converts mechanical energy to electrical energy for use in an external circuit.
SAIMANIKANTA one year ago
A generator is a device that converts mechanical energy to electrical energy for use in an external circuit and an electric generator is a device that converts mechanical energy to...
SAI SANDY 10 months ago
Dear Students, We are noticing that some users are copying the answers posted by previous users or from wikipedia and posting it as their answer. We request you all not to do this activity...
Forum Team one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
  • View Details

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On General Physics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts