Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: hemangi

what would be the  estimated total expenditures (course fee,mess,hostels} for b.tech      program at iits

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Hi Ankit,

IITs are the most well known and most advanced educational institutions in India. Every year, hundreds of candidates sit for the IIT entrance exams with the dream to undertake undergraduate and post graduate programs in these institutions. It is very important for prospective candidates to have a general idea about the fees structure that is specified by the various IIT's. It must be noted that IIT fee structure mentioned below is subject to change from time to time.

IIT Chennai Fees

Candidates who wish to undertake undergraduate programs at IIT Chennai have to pay a minimum fees of Rs 20,400 per semester. Candidates who wish to stay at the institute hostel have to pay the hostel fees payable through DD which come to Rs 12,929 per semester.

Candidates who wish to take up post graduate courses at IIT Chennai would be required to pay anywhere from a minimum of Rs 9900 to a maximum of Rs 56,100 as per the program per semester.

Candidates who wish to undertake Ph.D programs at IIT Chennai are required to pay minimum of Rs 10,500 and Rs 12,929 per semester through DD if they take up the hostel residence.

IIT Delhi Fees

The total fees payable at the time of admission to undergraduate course at IIT Delhi is Rs 22035 which is payable every semester.

Total fees payable for special part time post graduate program offered by IIT Delhi is Rs 60,000. The fees is payable in 6 equal installments of Rs. 10,000. In the 1st semester an amount of Rs.5,475 in addition to Rs 10,000 has to be paid which is the admission fee. Subsequently Rs 525 has to be paid every semester.

IIT Bombay Fees

IIT Bombay charges a total of Rs 22601 as its fees for the undergraduate course offered by the institution. The fees is charged per semester.

For post graduate courses, the general fee structure charged by IIT Bombay is Rs 11,601 for candidates staying in hostel and Rs 7201 for candidates not staying in hostel.

IIT Kanpur

The general fee structure of undergraduate course offered by IIT Kanpur is Rs 25542, payable at the time of admission.

Candidates who wish to take admission to post graduate program for executives for visionary leadership in manufacturing offered by the institute have to pay a tuition fees of Rs 5 Lacs.

IIT Guwahati Fees

The undergraduate program offered by IIT Guwahati has a fee structure of Rs 22800, payable at the time of admission. Rs 16,650 is to be paid from the next semester onwards.

The minimum fees payable for post graduate programs at the time of admission is Rs 10,300.

IIT Kharagpur Fees

The undergraduate program offered by IIT Kharagpur has a fee structure of Rs 22596. This fee is payable at the time of admission.

IIT Roorkee Fees

The undergraduate program offered by IIT Roorkee has a fee structure of Rs 26820 for undergraduate courses. This fee is payable at the time of admission.

Thanks and All the Best !!

6 years ago

Hi Ankit,

IITs are the most well known and most advanced educational institutions in India. Every year, hundreds of candidates sit for the IIT entrance exams with the dream to undertake undergraduate and post graduate programs in these institutions. It is very important for prospective candidates to have a general idea about the fees structure that is specified by the various IIT's. It must be noted that IIT fee structure mentioned below is subject to change from time to time.

IIT Chennai Fees

Candidates who wish to undertake undergraduate programs at IIT Chennai have to pay a minimum fees of Rs 20,400 per semester. Candidates who wish to stay at the institute hostel have to pay the hostel fees payable through DD which come to Rs 12,929 per semester.

Candidates who wish to take up post graduate courses at IIT Chennai would be required to pay anywhere from a minimum of Rs 9900 to a maximum of Rs 56,100 as per the program per semester.

Candidates who wish to undertake Ph.D programs at IIT Chennai are required to pay minimum of Rs 10,500 and Rs 12,929 per semester through DD if they take up the hostel residence.

IIT Delhi Fees

The total fees payable at the time of admission to undergraduate course at IIT Delhi is Rs 22035 which is payable every semester.

Total fees payable for special part time post graduate program offered by IIT Delhi is Rs 60,000. The fees is payable in 6 equal installments of Rs. 10,000. In the 1st semester an amount of Rs.5,475 in addition to Rs 10,000 has to be paid which is the admission fee. Subsequently Rs 525 has to be paid every semester.

IIT Bombay Fees

IIT Bombay charges a total of Rs 22601 as its fees for the undergraduate course offered by the institution. The fees is charged per semester.

For post graduate courses, the general fee structure charged by IIT Bombay is Rs 11,601 for candidates staying in hostel and Rs 7201 for candidates not staying in hostel.

IIT Kanpur

The general fee structure of undergraduate course offered by IIT Kanpur is Rs 25542, payable at the time of admission.

Candidates who wish to take admission to post graduate program for executives for visionary leadership in manufacturing offered by the institute have to pay a tuition fees of Rs 5 Lacs.

IIT Guwahati Fees

The undergraduate program offered by IIT Guwahati has a fee structure of Rs 22800, payable at the time of admission. Rs 16,650 is to be paid from the next semester onwards.

The minimum fees payable for post graduate programs at the time of admission is Rs 10,300.

IIT Kharagpur Fees

The undergraduate program offered by IIT Kharagpur has a fee structure of Rs 22596. This fee is payable at the time of admission.

IIT Roorkee Fees

The undergraduate program offered by IIT Roorkee has a fee structure of Rs 26820 for undergraduate courses. This fee is payable at the time of admission.

Thanks and All the Best!!!

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Engineering Entrance Exams

My JEE ADVANCE rank is 8997..and JEE MAIN rank is 28223...But in JOSAA mock seat allocation i am getting NIT Durgapur-Biotech...will i get an IIT?

Dear student You category rank also matters for IIT. Thanks
  img
Vijay Mukati one year ago

Difficult for you. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati one year ago

For IIT it is quite difficult to predict, if you have got NIT Durgapur, there can be no furthe change in it as once seat is allocated from the backend, there can be no change at all,...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 11 months ago
if i score 75% in 12 th boards and score 100 marks in jee mains and become eligible for writing advanced whereas my friend scores 95% in 12 th and manages to score 93 marks in mains and is...

Dear Student, congrats to both of you for your score in board as well as in Jee, but to get the clear idea about your rankings, allocation of seat in an institution and to know about the...

Aneesh Sehgal 15 days ago

hi shikhar. your friend has a better rank than you in jee mains because jee mains rank is not affected by jee advance performance. but if your marks in jee advance are good then your jee...

SAHIL 19 days ago

i mean what about the all india rank..will he have a better rank?..... in rank predictor i got a rank of 7000 in ST category...any chance i’ll get cs in any iit or any iit??

shikhar panwar 19 days ago
is BITSAT exam based on cast . if so then what is the cutoff mark for sc candidates

No its not it is based on Merit
  img
Sourabh Singh one month ago

Almost every institution offers seats on the basis of merit, yes there’s a separate list for categories but that takes time, you need to keep a conscious eye on counselling rounds to get...

Aneesh Sehgal one month ago
I want the list of all IIITs in india ?what is the process to enter in IIITs ?

Dear Friend, you may get the list of all the IITs by visiting the link of askiitians or by surfing for it on google and to your second question, I may answer that one has to perform very...

Aneesh Sehgal 18 days ago

@ kaushik the IIIT stands for indian institute of information technology , and they spread in all over india , below are the list of iiit in india iiit allhabad , iiit gwalior , iiit...

Umakant biswal 21 days ago

please visit http://www.askiitians.com/top-colleges.html this is list of top 100 colege which take all iit. you have to pass jee exam to get into oot thanks and approve my answer

SAHIL 21 days ago
other than aipmt and aiims how many college conduct their exams seperately

Hi Student Yes a number of colleges conduct their own entrance exams. You will find a number of deemed university which conduct these exams. Some of them are, HIHT universiity, dehradun....
  img
Anjali Ahuja 3 months ago

dear student moreoover including all these exams mentioned i think you also have to go with AIPVT i,e, all india pre vetenary test,which is a great opportunity for all medical...

SAHIL 3 months ago
why we use red light is used in traffic signals?

The reason is that it has a greater wavelength. Due to its longer wavelength does not get scattered by the particles in the atmosphere n hence reaches our eyes more distinctly than the...

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 7 years ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off

• View Details

Get extra R 4,500 off