Two unlike charges separated by a distance of 1m attract each other with a force 0.108N. If the charges are in the ratio 1:3, the weak charge is?A. 2 micro C ,B. 4 micro C, C. 6 micro C, D. 5 microC

2 years ago

Answers : (4)

Here q1:q2=1:3,

3q1=q2,

we know F=k(q1q2)/(r2)

where k=9x109N-m2/C2

thus 0.108=9x109(3(q2)2)/12

q2=2x10-6C

therefore the weak charge is 2micro C.

2 years ago

i think it is 2 microC

2 years ago

let charges be x,3x;

f=3x*x*9*10^9          =>x= 2 micro

2 years ago

The answer is 4 micro C. But it could be wrong.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Electrostatics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
i want easy way to solve complex capcitor circuits.. what kcl , kvl method of solving capacitor

This law is also called Kirchhoff's first law, Kirchhoff's point rule, or Kirchhoff's junction rule (or nodal rule). The principle of conservation of electric charge implies...
  img
Suraj Prasad 20 days ago
Waht is the meaning of Molarity?

In chemistry, the molar concentration , c_i is defined as the amount of a constituent n_i (usually measured in moles – hence the name) divided by the volume of the mixture c_i=(n_i)(v)...

Naveen one year ago

concentration measured by the number of moles of solute per liter of solution Molarity the number of moles of solute present in the volume of the solution

sri one year ago
A METAL SURFACE HAS A POSITIVE CHARGE OF 10-9 C HOW MANY ELECTRONS WOULD HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE METAL SURFACE?

The elementary charge is 1.6x10^-19 . Thus to find the number of electrons removed from the surface divide the total charge by the elementary charge i.e. 10^-9/(1.6x10^-19) by using the...

kamakshi 5 months ago

charge=q=10^-9 C , according to quantisation of charge we have, q = ne , n=no. of electrons, e=charge on 1 electron i.e. 1.6 * 10^-19 C, then n=q/e= 6.25 * 10^-29 here * stands for multiply....

Pushkar Aditya 5 months ago

according to quantisation of charge, q =ne, q=charge ,n= no. of electrons, e= charge on an electron i.e. 1.6*10^-19, So n=q/e= 6.25*10^-29 * stands for multiply that`s all.

Pushkar Aditya 5 months ago
A parabolic path of a projectile is y=x/(3^0.5) – (x^2)/60. It’s maximum height is

the answer is 5m. ther are two ways two solve this problem.first apply maxima minima and find out the value of x which is 30/3^0.5.put it in the given eq. and get y. the second method is...

Abhishek Pachauri one month ago
What is surface tension ?

Surface tensionis a contractive tendency of the surface of aliquidthat allows it to resist an external force. Surface tension is an important property that markedly influences the ecosystem....
  img
Apoorva Arora 2 months ago
a screen is placed 90cm from an object. the image of an object on the screen is formed by a convex lens at two different locations separated by 20cm. the focal length of the lens is?

If the object has two images then the object is placed at the focus and the emergent rays are parallel to the principal axis. Imagine a point object in front of a convex lens.Now two light...

kamakshi 5 months ago

no, the answer is 21.4 cm. i dunno how to do it but i think its got sumthn to do with the u-v method of finding focal length in which the lens is shifted to get two distinct images, one...

vaanya 5 months ago
View all Questions »