Two unlike charges separated by a distance of 1m attract each other with a force 0.108N. If the charges are in the ratio 1:3, the weak charge is?A. 2 micro C ,B. 4 micro C, C. 6 micro C, D. 5 microC

2 years ago

Answers : (4)

Here q1:q2=1:3,

3q1=q2,

we know F=k(q1q2)/(r2)

where k=9x109N-m2/C2

thus 0.108=9x109(3(q2)2)/12

q2=2x10-6C

therefore the weak charge is 2micro C.

2 years ago

i think it is 2 microC

2 years ago

let charges be x,3x;

f=3x*x*9*10^9          =>x= 2 micro

2 years ago

The answer is 4 micro C. But it could be wrong.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Electrostatics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE A solid spherical conductor is given a charge. The electrostatic potential of the conductor is (a)Constant throughout the conductor (b)Largest...

img
Aditi Chauhan 10 months ago

as E=-dV/dr, and E inside conductor is 0,so v=constant.

rahul 10 months ago

I agree with Rahul’s answer.

Pinku one month ago
a charge is placed in the middle of a face of a cube. Find the flux through each face.

The total flux through any closed surface is zero.. As per Gauss law, total flux is q/E and for a cube there are 6 faces and hence from each face we can divide flux by 6. Thanks &...
  img
Vasantha Kumari 4 months ago

srrry bt its not satisfactory.. pls read the question firtst..........

Mostafijur Rahaman 4 months ago
Is there any lower limit of electric force between two particles placed at a separation of 1cm ?

Yeah. It is zero in case of neutral particles.

Prajwal kr 10 months ago

Both the particle must be zero charge

Tanwir 9 months ago
Long question (20 marks) 22. A point like object with mass m = 1 kg starts from rest at point x 0 = 10 m and moves without any friction under a force F which depends on the coordinate x as...

Hi, We know the force as a function of x using this graph under different x ranges. Use this equation, calculate different parameters, ex- Kinetic energy = Work done = F * x...
  img
Shobhit Varshney 4 days ago

Can you please post the correct graphs so I can check my answers?

Ayesha Khan 4 days ago

Can you please post the correct graphs so I can check my answers?

Ayesha Khan 4 days ago
why not coefficient of the apparent expansion of the liquid =coefficient of the real expansion of the liquid +coefficient of the container expansion.please suggest?

When we heat a liquid there is expansion both in the liquid and the vessel too. But the expansion of the vessel is much smaller than the liquid. When we take the expansion of vessel into...
  img
Vasantha Kumari 6 months ago
Why a charge particle moves horizontally without deflection near the earths surface..?

For a charged particle to pass through with no deflection,the net force acting on it must be zero.Thus magnetic and electric forces must be equal and opposite in direction so, v = E/B...
  img
Aarti Gupta 5 months ago

what is the direction of earths electric field near the earths surface..?

karuna Yadav 5 months ago
View all Questions »