ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Two unlike charges separated by a distance of 1m attract each other with a force 0.108N. If the charges are in the ratio 1:3, the weak charge is?A. 2 micro C ,B. 4 micro C, C. 6 micro C, D. 5 microC

3 years ago

Answers : (4)

Here q1:q2=1:3,

3q1=q2,

we know F=k(q1q2)/(r2)

where k=9x109N-m2/C2

thus 0.108=9x109(3(q2)2)/12

q2=2x10-6C

therefore the weak charge is 2micro C.

3 years ago

i think it is 2 microC

3 years ago

let charges be x,3x;

f=3x*x*9*10^9          =>x= 2 micro

3 years ago

The answer is 4 micro C. But it could be wrong.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Electrostatics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
A rod of length L has a total charge Q distributed uniformly along its length.It is bent in the shape of a semicircle.Find the magnitude of the electric field at the centre of curvature of...

Thanks & Regards Amar Kumar AskIITians Faculty M. tech, IIT Delhi

Amar Kumar one year ago

Please illustrate it with diagram.

dulendu one year ago

E = Q / 2ε 0 L 2 Amar Kumar Askiitians Faculty M.tech IIT Delhi

Amar Kumar one year ago
Let a conducting solid sphere have a charge Q on its surface.so what is the potential at the centre.

See, the electric field inside the conducting sphere is zero because no charge resides inside its surface. So, by the expression, E = -∂V/∂R V is constant since E is zero. Thus, it will have...

Yash Jain 3 months ago
i want easy way to solve complex capcitor circuits.. what kcl , kvl method of solving capacitor

This law is also called Kirchhoff's first law, Kirchhoff's point rule, or Kirchhoff's junction rule (or nodal rule). The principle of conservation of electric charge implies...
  img
Suraj Prasad 6 months ago
There is a derivation given in my book which concludes to the fact that the range is same for two angles of projection, provided they are complementary. I fail to understand this fact. For...

Range is the horizontal displacement by projectile in the time in which the body is above the horizontal level(ground).Or we can say Range = orizontal component of velocity x T..,where T is...

Shivam 7 months ago
In a potentiometer experiment, if the area of the cross-section of the wire increases uniformly from one end to the other, draw a graph showing how potential gradient would vary as the...

As Resistance is inversely proportional to the area of cross-section. So, the resistance decreases uniformly as area of cross-section increases uniformly, which implies, V=IR, decreases...
  img
Abhishek Kumar 18 days ago
what is resonance?please explain?

Resonance or mesomerism is a way of describing delocalized electrons within certain molecules or polyatomic ions where the bonding cannot be expressed by a single Lewis formula. A molecule...
  img
Suraj Prasad one month ago
View all Questions »