There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

Two unlike charges separated by a distance of 1m attract each other with a force 0.108N. If the charges are in the ratio 1:3, the weak charge is?A. 2 micro C ,B. 4 micro C, C. 6 micro C, D. 5 microC

4 years ago

Answers : (4)

Here q1:q2=1:3,

we know F=k(q1q2)/(r2)

where k=9x109N-m2/C2

thus 0.108=9x109(3(q2)2)/12

therefore the weak charge is 2micro C.

4 years ago

i think it is 2 microC

4 years ago

let charges be x,3x;

f=3x*x*9*10^9          =>x= 2 micro

4 years ago

The answer is 4 micro C. But it could be wrong.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electrostatics

please can i get explanation to the concept behind the question..
Saurabh Kumar 4 months ago
@ amit the question deals with the electric field intensity in a spherical chrged shell . u can calculate it by applying the formula E= RHO *I / 3 E0 where e0 is the permittivity of free...
Umakant biswal 4 months ago
Can someone help with Q14 that`s in the attachment. Thank you.
@ ashmeet i can tell you how to approach such kind of questions , in this perticular case u have to apply KVL . let v =0 then by applying kvl we get 12-9/2 +24-q/4 =0 =36-3q/4=0 now as per...
Umakant biswal one month ago
the transfarmer is worked on the priciple of --------------?
naveenkumar transformer is current device. and it works onthe principle of mutual induction of two coils. When current in the primary coil is changed the flux linked to the secondary coil...
Y MANJUNADH 9 months ago
It is a device which is use to convert high alternatic voltage to a low alternatic voltage and vice versa. transformer works on the principle of mutual induction of two coils. When current...
N JYOTHEESWAR 9 months ago
dear naveen kumar........ A transformer consists of two electrically isolated coils and operates on Faraday's principal of “mutual induction”..............................
mohan 9 months ago
i used to study 8 hors per day and i belongs to OBC caste can i get iit bombay CSE
Hey student.. See it all depends on the amount of hard work and how effective hard work you do for the exam hope for the best and lets see what happens..
Sakshi 5 months ago
a dimensionless quantity______ (a)never has a unit (b)may have a unit (c)always has a unit (d)does not exist
@ shlok the option no 1 – never has a unit will turn out to be the correct option here . beacuse in the dimensionsless quantity is always unit less like the ratios , strain etc .. Hope it...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
2 motor cars starting off with a time gap of 2 minute , travels in the same direction with the same accelaration . time taken by the second car since its departure to complete 1/9 th of...
You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...
Ankit 3 months ago
the cars acceleration is gravity is same the cars are is stopped and then first car gravity is slow then second car is freqency and gravity is very fast
haripriya 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Electrostatics

Ask Experts