There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

3 metal plates a,b,c.distance between a-b is 2d and distance between b-c is d.A and b are connected to ground via switch s1,s2.there is charge q on b. find the charge thatt flows throuugh s1,s2 when both switches are closed. 

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Considering all 3 metal plates a,b,c having same area of cross section.Hence capacitance btw. 'a' & 'b' be C(say),then btw. 'b' & 'c' will be 2C.

Now 'b' must've same potential(say V) all over it's surface.So let Q be the induced negative charge on 'a' then q-Q wiil be on 'c'.

or,  CV=Q & 2CV=q-Q.Solving them will give Q=q/3.

So when switches s1 & s2  are closed then total charge flowed=q(through s2)-q/3(through s1)=2q/3

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electrostatics

The number of electrons the must be removed from an electrically natural silver Dollar to give it a change of
I think question is incomplete...
Saurabh Kumar 4 months ago
@ param The question seems to be incomplete, kindly recheck the question and do get back to us . if its a electrically neutral silver , then how the electrons can be removed from it ?? i...
Umakant biswal 4 months ago
How to solve qustions of Electrostatics . I know th formula but not able to solve problems
@ sourabh In electrostatics u have to assume some complicated thing , so, for solving the problem , u need some assumption power like the presence of charge in a cylinder etc . and if u...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Can someone help with Q16 that`s in the attachment. Thank you.
The correct answer for this question is 3C/4. For solving these types of questions, mark the capacitor plates having same voltages and then simplify the circuit diagram by connecting the...
Raman Mishra one month ago
@ ashmeet as in this circuit there are no battery or cell combination . so, this ques becomes easy. just redraw the circuit where 3 of them are in parallely connected . then applying the...
Umakant biswal one month ago
I think the answer will be option d because the first 3 capacitors are undoubtedly parallel but the next 2 capacitors are parallel and finally the first 3 next 2 and the last one are in...
Archishman khasnovis one month ago
what is the mutual conductance........please expain it?
Dear Sreenivas, Mutual conductance is the magnetic flux is created in one coil influenced by the another coil present in magnetic field.
SAI SARDAR 8 months ago
The phenomenone in which an emf is induced in the secondary coil due to the change of magnetic flux in the primary coil
Prabhakar ch 8 months ago
In a straight conductor of uniform crosss section charge q is flowing for time t. Let s be the specific charge of an electron. the momentum of all the free electrons per unit length of the...
@raghavendra I = nAeV d where n = no. of electrons per unit volume, A= area of cross section of the wire , e = charge of an electron , V d = drift velocity what we want is momentum per unit ...
venketep prasad m c 3 months ago
tell me about wave optics????????????????????????????????????
Dear Chetan In physics, physical optics , or wave optics , is the branch of optics which studies interference, diffraction, polarization, and other phenomena for which the ray approximation ...
Prabhakar ch 9 months ago
dear iitian... Optics is the branch of physics which involves the behaviour and properties of light, including its interactions with matter and the construction of instruments that use or...
mohan 9 months ago
physical optics is used to explain effects such as diffraction,in physics physical optics or wave optics is the branch of optics which studies interference,diffraction,polarization and...
sreekanth sree 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Electrostatics

Ask Experts