There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

we found that a ring of charge with radius a and total charge Q,the potential at point P on the ring axis a distance x from the cinter is

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

electric field at any point on the axis of ring is given by

E=kQx/(a2 +x2 )3/2

and we have E=dv/dx         ( v is potential)

dv = Edx lim from 0 to x

V=kQx/(a2 +x2 )1/2

this is the required expression

5 years ago

for a ring radius is 'a' and charge 'q' is given

The chrfe is accumulated only on the circumference of the ring. So on the axis of the ring at pint 'P' the dist from the charge is r=sqrt(a^2+x^2) where 'x' is the distance of 'P' from the center O.

Let us consider a dq charge on circumference at some point M

dEx=dEcosd         (d is the angle b/w the line OP and PM )

And by the concept that V=-dE/dx we can get the formula for V

O.K All the best

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electrostatics

Can gravitational field be added to electric field vectorially to get total field ?
@ aamina No , gravitational field is the field which is acts by the earth or some heavenly object on a body . but electric field is the field that will act when the charge will be their ....
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
NO, you can never add to quantities with different dimensions. electric field- MLT -3 A -1 AND GRAVITAIONAL FIELD- LT -2 You could add gravitational force and electric force or something....
Bejoi Mathew 2 months ago
Four identical large metal plates are arranged parallel to each other, with equal gaps in between. They are given charges q, 2q, 3q and 4q (counting from any one side). The outermost plates ...
these are plates or wire first confirm that because in begining u wrote plates then in end it is wire. plz send figure if u have of this question. KINDLY CHECK THIS AGAIN :-))))))))))))
prateek 4 days ago
what do you mean my electroststics
shashank one year ago
shashank one year ago
Define flux?
Flux: Flux is defined as the rate of flow of a property per unit area. For example, the magnitude of a river's current which gives the quantity of water flowing through a cross-section of...
SAIMANIKANTA one year ago
a substance mixed with a solid to lower its melting point, used especially in soldering and brazing metals or to promote vitrification in glass or ceramics. if you like my answer plz approve...
SAI SARDAR one year ago
Action or process of flowing out of a area
Shantanu Singh one year ago
FIND THE EQUIVALENT RESISTANCE(ATTACHED IMAGE)..............................................
Should Be 10 Ohm as Both the resistors are in Series. We know, The Eq Resistence of two resistors connected in series is simply their algebraic sum.
Gunreet 3 months ago
A converging bundle of light rays in the shape of cone with a vertex angle of 45 degrees falls on a circular diaphragm of 20cm diametre.A lens with power 5D is fixed in the diaphragm...
I think it is 4/3 but i m not sure. I have assumed that the rays are comming from infinity so they converge at focus i.e at a distance of 20cm from lens. Radius of lens =10cm. So...
Gundeep Singh 14 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Electrostatics

Ask Experts