There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off

A cone made of insulating material has total charge Q spread uniformly over its sloping surface. Calculate the work done in bringing a small test charge q from infinity to the apex of the cane. The cone has a slope length L.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear ayush,

y/r = x/L => y= xr/L

dq = 2Πydxσ = 2Πrσxdx/l

for this ring potential at vertex = dV = ∫kdq/x

integrating from 0 - L ,
         V = 2Πkrσ = Q / 2Πε0L

Now work done = Vq = Qq / 2Πε0L

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delh

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electrostatics

The number of electrons the must be removed from an electrically natural silver Dollar to give it a change of
I think question is incomplete...
Saurabh Kumar 4 months ago
@ param The question seems to be incomplete, kindly recheck the question and do get back to us . if its a electrically neutral silver , then how the electrons can be removed from it ?? i...
Umakant biswal 4 months ago
Help me sir
Akshit Matthew one year ago
what is electrification?
@ mohit rubbing of one part of body with other part is known as electrification by friction . or simply u can say charging of a body by rubbing witone anathor. example – when we rub our one ...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Hi Friends, Do you all know that askiitians has launched self study courses at negligible price along with discount of 30% so that we students can get help in our studies. These lectures...
Hi, Ya thanks for sharing. We appreciate your efforts! Thanks once again!
Nishant Vora one year ago
These self-study packages are actually free to the enrolled students!! The test papers and video solutions given are brilliant and super helpful :D
Kalyani Jayachandran Menon one year ago
what is the difference between velocity and angular velocity give me formulas ?
Linear Velocity Linear velocity is defined as the rate of change of displacement between an object and a fixed point. Angular Velocity Angular velocity is an event discussed in the angular...
Nishant Vora 6 months ago
velocity is the rate of change of displacement i.e. v=ds/dt as angular velocity is rate to change of angular displacement omega= d theta/dt
rishabh 6 months ago
velocity is rate if change of displacement.angular velocity is rate of change of angular displacement.thank you.
NARAYANA 6 months ago
Write definition for Myopia?
A person can see near objects only can’t see far object.
Gavvala Ganesh one year ago
High-degree myopia , or severe myopia , is defined as -6 diopters or worse. The term myopia is Ancient Greek: μυωπία, muōpia, from myein "to shut (like a mole ...... Lass JH, Chew E,...
venky one year ago
A person can see near objects only can’t see far object.
SAIMANIKANTA one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off

More Questions On Electrostatics

Ask Experts