how to solve circuit diagram using krichof law

how to solve circuit diagram using krichof law

Grade:9

1 Answers

Harishwar IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 50 Points
9 years ago
I can understand the doubt that had aroused in your mind!! See, when we apply kirchhoff's laws to capacitors and inductors we dont actually appy it to them but to certain junction points we decide!! I mean kirchhoff's rule hold true everywhere in this universe and its one of the most fundamental laws of physics but we dont have that applicability and usefulnessto apply it on a pont somewhere inside a capacitor or in middle of a inductive coil and even if we have that mathematics we avoid that for unneccessary analysis involved.So just appy these laws at junction point where some wires meet.the laws are restated below for ur convenience.

Kirchhoff's Current Law
Kirchhoff's Current Law, also known as Kirchhoff's Junction Law and Kirchhoff's First Law, defines the way that electrical current is distributed when it crosses through a junction - a point where three or more conductors meet. Specifically, the law states that:

The algebraic sum of current into any junction is zero.Since current is the flow of electrons through a conductor, it cannot build up at a junction, meaning that current is conserved: what comes in must come out. When performing calculations, current flowing into and out of the junction typically have opposite signs. This allows Kirchhoff's Current Law to be restated as:
The sum of current into a junction equals the sum of current out of the junction.
Kirchhoff's Voltage Law
Kirchhoff's Voltage Law describes the distribution of voltage within a loop, or closed conducting path, of an electrical circuit. Specifically, Kirchhoff's Voltage Law states that:
The algebraic sum of the voltage (potential) differences in any loop must equal zero.
The voltage differences include those associated with electromagnetic fields (emfs) and resistive elements, such as resistors, power sources (i.e. batteries) or devices (i.e. lamps, televisions, blenders, etc.) plugged into the circuit.
Kirchhoff's Voltage Law comes about because the electrostatic field within an electric circuit is a conservative force field. As you go around a loop, when you arrive at the starting point has the same potential as it did when you began, so any increases and decreases along the loop have to cancel out for a total change of 0. If it didn't, then the potential at the start/end point would have two different values.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free