coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Araku valley

A multiplexer, sometimes referred to as a "multiplexor" or simply "mux", is a device that selects between a number of input signals. In its simplest form, a multiplexer will have two signal inputs, one control input, and one output. An everyday example of an analog multiplexer is the source selection control on a home stereo unit.

Multiplexers  are used in building digital semiconductors  such as CPUs and graphics controllers. In these applications, the number of inputs is generally a multiple of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, etc.), the number of outputs is either 1 or relatively small multiple of 2, and the number of control signals is related to the combined number of inputs and outputs. For example, a 2-input, 1-output mux requires only 1 control signal to select the input, while a 16-input, 4-output mux requires 4 control signals to select the input and 2 to select the output.

Multiplexers are also used in communications; the telephone network is an example of a very large virtual mux built from many smaller discrete ones. Instead of having a direct connection from every telephone to every telephone - which would be physically impossible - the network "muxes" individual telephones onto one of a small number of wires as calls are placed. At the receiving end, a demultiplexer, or "demux", chooses the correct destination from the many possible destinations by applying the same principle in reverse.

There are more complex forms of multiplexers. Time-division multiplexers, for example, have the same input/output characteristics as described above, but instead of having a control signal, they alternate between all possible inputs at precise time intervals. By taking turns in this manner, many inputs can share one output. This technique is commonly used on long distance phone lines, allowing many individual phone calls to be spliced together without affecting the speed or quality of any individual call. Time-division multiplexers are generally built as semiconductor devices, or chips, but can also be built as optical devices for fiber optic applications.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

I am thankful to both baiduddin and ramesh for answering my problems.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electric Current

IitJee problems posted by Arijit . physics . let`s see who can do it within 5seconds.
@ amal kindly repost the questions , i have not getting your question , kindly attach the ques again , and we will try to answer it as fast as possible . and when u are posting again , make ...
Umakant biswal 3 days ago
Can`t do it sir. It should be answered by a professional iitian. As it is a problem of class10 moreover of resonance institute
Amal Chakraborty 3 days ago
i want any book on electronics iam interested please provide it to me sir
@ kalyan what u want to study from that book . in case u are in class 12 th and want to study semiconducter then go for resnick halliday . its the best book for electronics upto class 12 th ...
Umakant biswal one month ago
if you want to study analog circuits and devices, I would suggest you to study the book written by sedra and smith it will help you to help you to build your foundation. If you want to...
HIMANSHU SAXENA one month ago
) A 12 kW heater having efficiency 80% is connected to a 220 V, 50 Hz supply. Find the reactive component of the input current if its power factor is 0.75 lagging.
Power actual = 0.8 * 12 => 9.6 KW = > 9600 Watt. 9600 = Irms x 220/root2 x 0.75 Irms = 82.2690 A. the reactive current and resistance current would be same as in series .
Vikas TU 24 days ago
what is electromagnetic induction and explain it????????????????????????????
Electro magnetic induction is the production of an electromagnetive forces across a conductor exposed to time varying magnetic fields.
a body is projected with a velocity 60 ms at 30 degrees to horizontal.its initial velocity vector is
on resolving the vector into its x axis and y axis.60cos30 i+60sin30 j.solve it now.u wil get required answer
sunny 3 months ago
u=ucos theta +u sin theta u=60[cos30]+60[sin30] u=30 root 3i+30j this is the correct process for the answer
Sathvik Jaisheel 13 days ago
what is chare of electron?
The electron is a subatomic particle, symbol e− or β−, with a negative elementary electric charge . Electrons belong to the first generation of the lepton particle family, and are generally ...
SHANMUKESHWAR one year ago
The electron is a subatomic particle, symbol e− or β−, with a negative elementary electric charge. Electrons belong to the first generation of the lepton particle family, and are generally...
KUNCHAM SAMPATH one year ago
charge of electron is 1.60217657 × 10 -19 coulombs
bollusrinivas one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off