There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off

As current carrying conducter (same direction)they attract so as they attract  some work is done from where does this work done comes an in which form

7 years ago

Answers : (2)

There is a source that is making the current to flow. This source might be a battery or a generator or turbine, watever it may be. This source creates the voltage diff. that makes the current to flow. Therefore the work done comes from this source and the form can be varied like chemical for battery, or mechanical for turbine etc.

7 years ago

If the current in both conductors flow in the same direction, they will attract each other, whereas if the current are in opposite direction, they will repel each other.

This force is due to the interaction between the magnetic field of the 2 conductor. The figure below shows the catapult field produced by 2 current carrying conductors when their current is in the direction or opposite direction.

Faraday's law states that a changing magnetic field induces an electric field. So, the moment the current is allowed to pass in the two wires, a magnetic field is created in a region where there was none previously. This change induces an electric field which is responsible for the work done on and by the wires.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electric Current

Q.1 Potential difference between A and B and B and C in steady state ? Detailed Solution Please
Since the two capacitors are in parallel and also the two capacitors are in parallel, the circuit can be simplified by taking equivalent capacitance i.e, and respectively. Now in the steady ...
Raman Mishra one month ago
pd between A and B is 25V and pd between B and C is 75V because dc current gets blocked in rc circuit when circuit reaches steady state ie capacitors are fully charged in the given circuit...
Archishman khasnovis one month ago
As earth is electrically neutral then why a bulb does not glow when one terminal is connected with neutral and other with earthing?
@ nitesh the bulb will only glow if u will connect it to two terminal that are having potential diffrence with it , otherwise without potential diffrence it cannot glow . here you are...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
What are the uses of a potentiometer of 10wire used in a laboratory
@ james are u asking about the uses of potentiometer , or something else ? and what is that 10wire ?? in potentiometer the wire used is made of manganin , beacuse manganin have a very low...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Can thevenin theorem be used in LR and LCR circuits?
Yes thevenin’s theorm is a general way to simplify all kinds of impedence circuits, so you can use them to analyse the behaviour of LR and LCR circuits as well
Riddhish Bhalodia 9 months ago
I’m bad at geometry and it’s application. Keeping in mind that geometrical application is what optics consists of. How should I practice and improve on my problem solving reasoning power?
@ prakriti what u need to understand is that optics consists of simple application of geometry , and for that just u need some besic concept to be cleared . so, start optics chapter with h...
Umakant biswal 18 days ago
all u need is to learn basics . if your basics are not clear no one can help. i m also a student . i can understand ur problem. i suggest u to start with ease. so use s.l.arora or modern...
prateek 8 days ago
what is Law of Conservation of Linear Momentum.........?
dear tushan, The total momentum of an isolated system of interacting particles remains constant if there is no resultant external force acting on it.
SAI SARDAR 2 months ago
Conservation of linear momentum expresses the fact that a body or system of bodies in motion retains its total momentum, the product of mass and vector velocity, unless an external force is...
Shreyas Patil 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off

More Questions On Electric Current

Ask Experts