There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

can you please give me all the methods used for finding equivalent resistance?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello shashank

Brother basiclly you required only two method to find the equivalent resistance

1) When resistance are parallel ...suppose  R1 and R2

The equivalent resistance is given by

1/R = 1/R1 + 1/R2

2) When resistance are series ..

Then equivalent resistance is given by

R = R1 + R2

Now the fact is you need to find out in the network which resistances are in parallel and which are in series it requires just a bit more practice...Solve atleast 50 problem based on this quivalent resistance problem...then you will get a better method of your own how to find..

Any complex netwoork can be reduce in series and parallel combination of resistance ..and then they can be individually solved

Take my suggestion....make a collection of all the past year problems of IIT and AIEEE.....sove them ....

As much as u will practice in this will get more and more better tricks to solve

With regards

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Electric Current

What are the uses of a potentiometer of 10wire used in a laboratory
@ james are u asking about the uses of potentiometer , or something else ? and what is that 10wire ?? in potentiometer the wire used is made of manganin , beacuse manganin have a very low...
Umakant biswal one month ago
What is the statement of WHEAT STONE BRIDGE?????????????????????
Gowri Sankar, Wheat stone bridge is the four arms are engaged with four resistors and one is unknown resistor.To know the resistance of unknown resistor we used the wheat stone bridge.
SAI SARDAR 9 months ago
Dear Gowri Shankar A wheat stone is a electrical circuit used to measure the an unknown electrical resistance by balancing two legs of a bridge circuit ,one leg which includes the unknown...
Prabhakar ch 9 months ago
Hello Shankar, Definition of Wheatstone bridge . : an electrical bridge consisting of two branches of a parallel circuit joined by a galvanometer and used for determining the value of an...
SAI SANDY 9 months ago
Hello. I am Aaryan in 8 th grade. In the last few days have buisied myself in making anautomated level crossing gate(junctions between roadways and railways). I have made a simple model...
U can put laser sensors at a certain height to detect the train by motion and these laser sensors can be made to activate magnetic field which in turn will activate reed switches for LED...
Manas Shukla 19 days ago
what is entrophy give two thermodynamic examples? what is difference between heat pump and refrigerator?
Entropy is the simple measurement of randomness or disorder of tyebsystem. Examples in daily life => Fire in woods which expands gradually and in a disorder manner. second example => steam...
Vikas TU 26 days ago
A thermos flask containing a liquid is shaken vigorously. What happens to its temperature?
Its temperature increases because liquid moves against the viscous forces. Work done against viscous forces is converted into heat
vamshi one year ago
the temperature of thermous flask is increses beacause there is work done by the system and rapidly some heat is evolved.
SAI SARDAR one year ago
A block released from rest from the top of a smooth inclined plane of inclination 45 takes time t to reach the bottom. The same block released from rest from top of a rough inclined plane...
Coefficient of friction is given by tan theta (n*n-1/n*n) on putting the value we get tan 45°[ 4-1/4] = 3/4 0.75
nikita chaubey one month ago
Can I ask you why the coefficient of friction is tan theta((n*n-1)/n*n)? Thanks for the answer :) !!!
Grace Mathew one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Electric Current

Ask Experts