Which of the following is better:- A good branch from a not so good college OR A not so good branch from a good college as: Presently I am getting CS + MBA in Thapar University, Patiala. I am also getting ECE in Manipal and I may get CS too in Manipal. Also, I may get Chemical Engg, environmental engg or Engineering Physics in DTU. So, Please tell, what should be my prreference

Which of the following is better:-
A good branch from a not so good college
                       OR
A not so good branch from a good college
as:
Presently I am getting CS + MBA in Thapar University, Patiala. I am also getting ECE in Manipal and I may get CS too in Manipal. Also, I may get Chemical Engg, environmental engg or Engineering Physics in DTU. So,  Please tell, what should be my prreference

Grade:12th pass

9 Answers

Vijay Mukati
askIITians Faculty 2590 Points
8 years ago
My suggestion will be towards CS. As CSE Enggs are in high demands now. Prefer CS branch. Thanks.
AKSHAY SHARMA
36 Points
8 years ago
So, what should I prefer CS in Manipal OR CS+MBA in Thapar. Also, I have heard that if we do some computer courses with non CS/IT branches, we are then eligible for IT sector jobs too. So, in that case will the branches like Chemical Engg, environmental engg or Engineering Physics in DTU be worth to take
Vijay Mukati
8 years ago
Manipal and Thapar Both are godd options. I think the decision should be yours now. Cost of study in Manipal is comparatively high but in Thapar you will have to go for CS+MBA.
Yes you are eligible for IT sector jobs but you will not have that skill which actually CS student will have and also which will give more salary. Thanks.
AKSHAY SHARMA
36 Points
8 years ago
Is there any difference in the the CS from the two institutes. I mean to say that as in Thapar, I have got CS + MBA. Will this have some difference from the four yr CS of Manipal University
Vijay Mukati
8 years ago
The difference lies only in the MBA course which is being offered to you. Thanks.
AKSHAY SHARMA
36 Points
8 years ago
Will this MBA be a merit or a demerit. Also, at the end of this program I will be offered one integrated degree of CS+MBA unlike two degrees one of CS and other of MBA. 
Vijay Mukati
8 years ago
MBA will be a merit but if you can afford Manipal you can choose that option too. Regarding degree. I am not sure but I think you will get one integrated degree. Thanks.
AKSHAY SHARMA
36 Points
8 years ago
If MBA is a merit then why should I go to Manipal as Thapar is near to my home. Besides, I have come to know that when we go to foreign, they ask for a four year UG degree. Will I suffer a problem if I go to foreign or is it OK taking this branch???
Vijay Mukati
8 years ago
If Thapar is near to your home then you can take thapar. No, no any problem when you go foreign.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free