Option A is the correct answer I can`t understand how dipole moment of chlorobenzene and chlorohexaneAnd also for nitrobenzene

Option A is the correct answer I can`t understand how dipole moment of chlorobenzene and chlorohexaneAnd also for nitrobenzene

Question Image
Grade:12

4 Answers

krishna chaitanya
17 Points
6 years ago
In A, in chlorobenzene cl is attached to a sp2 hybridization so here c-cl bond has less dipole movement when compared to chlorocyclohexane.
Shubham Kumar Gupta Ggps
42 Points
6 years ago
I agree with you but how you will explain this See if it is so for chlorobenzene then why not valid for nitrobenzene
krishna chaitanya
17 Points
6 years ago
To decide the dipole moment, we have three factors.... Induced effect is one of them. When we see the order NO2>CN>COOH>F>CL.....so in nitro benzene, NO2 Is such a strong electron withdrawer that benzene acts as a n electron donater....where as in clbenzene... Cl is not that much powerful absorber so benzene partially absorbs electrons.....
praveen kumar
144 Points
6 years ago
option C is the correct option because nitro group in the strongest electron withdrawing group but in the benzene due resonance benzene pulls electrons back where as there is no problem with nitro cyclohexane it with draws electrons more easily hence dipole movement is more.
OPTION  C IS CORRECT

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free