I wanted to ask that how should i study in class 12 ? for eg:- physics numericals..... from which chapters are they important and whattype of question can come what should i focus more and so on for all subjects in class 12 .

I wanted to ask that how should i study in class 12 ? for eg:- physics numericals..... from which chapters are they important and whattype of question can come what should i focus more and so on for all subjects in class 12 .

Grade:12

12 Answers

SAHIL
3778 Points
7 years ago
hi shreyas
you should focus mainly on two books from which you can iit mains easily. first is ncert and second is ncert exemplar. try to solve all the numericals of these books. if you are giving 1 hour to theory daily than surely give half hour to numericals regarding that subject. questions of chapter 1 { electrostatiscs } and ray optics, x rays are very important. to know which type of question come and on which you should focus more make a look at previous year papers . so visit
for more tips visit
thanks and approve my answer
post if still some doubts
Shreyas Patil
131 Points
7 years ago
can you please post for all other subjects. i will surely apporve your answer i.e. for chemistry, biology, maths etc.

SAHIL
3778 Points
7 years ago
yes why not dear?
for chemistry
  • concentate more on ncert for organic as well as inorganic
  • for physical chemistry refer p bahadur book as it is very usefult in iit jee
for biology you need not learn anything more than ncert. do not cram but try to undertstand things in biology. chapter which include topics regarding cell, kingdom classification are though very important for competitive exams
for maths you need to do R.D. SHARMA book, they are very very helpful.try to do group studies as it creates interest.if you are studying alone then compete with yourself. rate your performance daily and try to iprove. try to do this . its my gurnatee you will feel the difference in coming school exams.
still soe question please post it.
regards sahil

Shreyas Patil
131 Points
7 years ago
which lessons are important for numericals and derivation in physics???? also for chemistry what topics should  be given importance???

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ shreyas 
If u are talking about the board exams then i am giving some imp derivations here 
1- derivation abt the construction and working of cyclotron 
2- derivation of AC generator and finding the expression of e,m ,f 
3- electric dipole configuration at axial and equitorial point . 
4- energy stored in the capacitor ( derivation ) 
5- series and parallel config of capacitor . 
6- the concept of zener diode ( very very imp ) 
7- optical instrument ( for sure u will get 1 derivation , either compound micrscope , astronomical telescope , or simple microscope ) 
8- experssion of bohr radius  in the orbit. 
THESE ALL ARE MOST IMP . 
AND IF YOU ARE TALKING ABT LESSONS , THEN OPTICS PART , AND MOVING CHARGE AND MAGNETISM , SEMICONDUCTER ELECTRONICS , AND ALTERNATING CURRENT , 
FOCUS ON THESE TOPICS . 
TAKE OUT EITHER SL ARORA OR ARIHANT ALL IN ONE , AND PRACTICE DERIVATION FROM THEIR , BUT REGULARLY , THEY FOLLOW A BETTER APPROACH IN SHRTCUT FOR DERIVATION . 
IFU WILL DO THAT U CAN GET 95 + IN BOARD EXAM PHY , EVEN I GOT 98 IN BOARD .. 
ALL THE BEST ..

Shreyas Patil
131 Points
7 years ago
Thanx #biswal really thanx for your support. Also can you post for chemistry, maths and biology too. all the important parts and the topics in which students mostly face problems and also the study plan for boards as well as jee. Thanx in advance. :)
Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ shreyas 
Kindly post anathor question on the forum , that u required study plan and imp topics to focus on JEE and boards . 
i can definitely answer that .. plzzz , 
beacuse this ques are already hv 7 comments … 
Shreyas Patil
131 Points
7 years ago
ok as u wish
Aditya Negi
19 Points
7 years ago
Shreyas Don`t practice maths from RD Sharma because some topics and questions given in the RD Sharma aren`t related to the board exams.. They are irrelevant and they put you in confusion rather than clearing your doubts. If you want to practice maths then go through NCERT if you have completed that ask your teacher for sheets so you can solve at home or ask him for some other books but don`t give for RD Sharma. It`s my suggestion. Most of the teacher recommend not to pick RD Sharma as it is not good for board basis but if you want to practice for competitive exams then you can go through it.
rahul kushwaha
114 Points
7 years ago
Hi Shreyas according to me I should study these topics ElectrostaticsCurrent ElectricityMagnetic effects of current and magnetismElectromagnetic induction and alternating currentElectromagnetic wavesOpticsDual nature of matter and radiationAtoms and nucleiElectronic devicesCommunication systemsThese are so importantAnd marking is just like this1.Electrostatics: 8 marks2.Current Electricity: 7 marks3.Magnetic effect of current & Magnetism: 8 marks4.Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating current: 8 marks5.Electromagnetic Waves: 3 marks6.Optics: 14 marks7.Dual Nature of Matter: 4 marks8.Atoms and Nuclei: 6 marks9.Electronic Devices: 7 marks10.Communication Systems: 5 marks
rahul kushwaha
114 Points
7 years ago
Hi Shreyas according to me I should study these topics ElectrostaticsCurrent ElectricityMagnetic effects of current and magnetismElectromagnetic induction and alternating currentElectromagnetic wavesOpticsDual nature of matter and radiationAtoms and nucleiElectronic devicesCommunication systemsThese are so importantAnd marking is just like this1.Electrostatics: 8 marks2.Current Electricity: 7 marks3.Magnetic effect of current & Magnetism: 8 marks4.Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating current: 8 marks5.Electromagnetic Waves: 3 marks6.Optics: 14 marks7.Dual Nature of Matter: 4 marks8.Atoms and Nuclei: 6 marks9.Electronic Devices: 7 marks10.Communication Systems: 5 marksOk, now let me give you some important tips to prepare this unconditional subject of science stream.The very first thing that you should do is finishing up yourclass 12th NCERT book, do it without memorizing. Focus more on understanding it, and get an idea of the syllabus and topics.Complete all the questions from yourNCERT textbook, as most of the questions in physics, comes from the NCERT textbook directly. So, try to finish NCERT first then go for other12th reference book for PCM.Make a pocket diary, and make three sections in it. One for Important Formulae, second for important derivations and the third one for important definitions. Write only important stuff in that diary, so choose your content very carefully.If you could combine important NCERT notes with your pocket dairy then it surely will be a deadly combination for the board exam.
Sabarish Hsirabas
36 Points
7 years ago
hi bro 
pick up the 2  of ur best subject do 90% of it and tht eother on to the required cutoof it would act good

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free