I have identical two bottles containing water and the other hydrogen peroxide. How can i know which is which?

I have identical two bottles containing water and the other hydrogen peroxide. How can i know which is which?

Grade:12

2 Answers

Vikas TU
14149 Points
9 years ago
In separate containers, add a little bit of yeast to the bottom. Pour the liquids into the yeast. The one that bubbles up and gets warm is the hydrogen peroxide.
Vikas TU
14149 Points
9 years ago
Or

The difference in sp gravity at normal temperature of H2O2 being 1.452 and of normal water 0.9998 can differentiate by density/*** sp gr hydrometer, slight light shade og blue will be observed with a bottle of H2O2 where in white transparent in case of normal water when they are placed under day light.Normal water on heating at NPT will start boiling at 100C but a sample of H2O2 will not boil at 100C but on further heating it would boil at 152 C around and release continuous bubble within dur to release of O2 . Do not undertake any unsafe method for testing and analysis which may be risky , like catching flame , explosion, etc.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free