Dear sir, I am gulf (Muscat) NRI student appearing CBSE 12th in March 2015, interested in B.Tech Mechanical Eng or ECE. As both or my areas of interest which one you advise in terms of future demand. I am planning to do UG In good NIT in India and PG in US. I am also considering the option of doing UG directly in US and looking for employment in US. Which option should I go, Please advise me based on the merits of these options. you may also suggest any further option if you feel so.

Dear sir, I am gulf (Muscat) NRI student appearing CBSE 12th in March 2015, interested in B.Tech Mechanical Eng or ECE. As both or my areas of interest which one you advise in terms of future demand.
I am planning to do UG In good NIT in India and PG in US. I am also considering the option of doing UG directly in US and looking for employment in US. 
Which option should I go, Please advise me based on the merits of these options.
you may also suggest any further option if you feel so.

Grade:11

1 Answers

Aziz Alam IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 232 Points
9 years ago
You have got two alternative planned for you regarding your future.If you are planning to come to India in a good NIT, that is great and will surely help your ultimate aim of goiung to US for Masters.After your stay in NIT you need to give GRE which actually very easy , if you even look out for the paper of GRE and start solving you will be amused how easy the questions are, So finally, the only tough part is getting into NIT and the rest is very easy.
The second option of getting into US grad school, there is a catch. You need to have good SAT score and an impressive resume to get a call from the good grad schools from US. If you have exceptional SAT score and fancy resume then you will get a call with scholarship. If there is no monetary issue from you side then scholarship is not neede. If you want to get to US grad school with scholarship then you need to have the above stated credentials.Otherwise, it’s easier than getting into NITs.
These two are actually the two best options which a student has if he or she is studying Science in pursue of Engineering.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free