Sir, I am a final year BTech student(ECE) studying in NIT,Silchar. Actually i am not interested in company jobs but like to build my career in teaching profession.So i prefer to complete PG and P hd in the future. My hometown is silchar so it is too convenient for me to do both MTech n Phd here but i know very well that NIT silchar is very low in ranking compared to other NITs. I just want to know that whether doing MTech/Phd here will create difficulties for me in the future for getting a job like Assistant Professor/Proffesor etc in govt colleges...? Regards Richik

Sir,

I am a final year BTech student(ECE) studying in NIT,Silchar.

Actually i am not interested in company jobs but like to build

my career in teaching profession.So i prefer to complete PG

and P hd in the future. My hometown is silchar so it is too

convenient for me to do both MTech n Phd here but i know

very well that NIT silchar is very low in ranking compared to

other NITs. I just want to know that whether doing MTech/Phd

here will create difficulties for me in the future for getting a job

like Assistant Professor/Proffesor etc in govt colleges...?

Regards

Richik

Grade:

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Pramod-IIT-R
47 Points
14 years ago

Dear Mr. Rachik;

Yes; this is not a good way to get 2 degree from same college and NIT is not a IIT. you will face difficulty at the time of job search. Everyperson will ask one question in future "if you were intersted in Teaching why you joined NIT only not any other college"" And you also know the standard of lab in NIT. to get a job depends not only degree but published papers, conference papers PHD activities etc. So do not think to do PG from same college.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed
solution very  quickly.
We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Pramod Kumar
IITR Alumni

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free