• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

what is point dipole

7 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Aswathy,

When two equal and opposite changes are placed at small separation, it constitutes a dipole, and the individual charges are known as monopoles.

Every dipole is associated with a vector quantity known as dipole moment.

+q                            –q

|----------- d ------------|

Dipole moment = q × d

7 years ago

Point dipole is that dipole in which magnitude of two equal and opposite charges becomes very large and dipole length becomes very short.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Please tell the respective books for physics , chemistry and maths for class 11.
@ riya You can follow these books for sucess in the engg entrance exam . PHYSICS 1- CONCEPT OF PHYSICS BY H C VERMA 2- PROBLEMS IN GENERAL PHYSICS BY I E IRODV 3- UNDERSTANDING PHYSICS BY D ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
please visit thanks and approve my answer if any other question please post it
SAHIL 3 months ago
is there any quantum mechanics in electrical engineering?
@ xavier No , its not on electrical engg , but its on mechanical engg. if u can refer to the defination of quantum mechanics then it is its a branch of mechanics that deals with the...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Waht is salary of electrical and instrumental engineer from nit silchar
Dear Student, to best of my knowledge you must choose electrical branch as this branch has a bright future, wider scope and chances for better monetary benefit i the long run as compared to ...
Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago
@ ritik electrical and instrumentation have a high demand in nit silcher after comp sci , and if u could properly study and get into 1-2 top rated company then it will be 7-9 lakh per annum ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
sir i wanna prepare for iit and start today .Will I be able to click iit .please suggest some ways to read
Dear Sohail, You have not mentioned that whether you are in 11th or 12th..... Good planning with consistent hard work is the key of success…. Let me know the class in which u r...
AskIITians Expert Sunil,DCE 7 years ago
Hi Sohail, If you'd like, you can get coaching from faculty at We provide online coaching. For more details, click on this link
Askiitian.Expert Rajat 7 years ago
can I join a demo test before joining the test series as i want to know the pattern of the questions
Dear student Yes, you can give a demo test before joining the test series.For this you have to talk to the sales team of askiitians and they will provide you with further details of the...
Bhavya 7 months ago
Hi You can contact us at 0120-4616500 OR someone from from our end will contact you
Sourabh Singh 7 months ago
Yeah sure, you can book a demo on home page..
Saurabh Kumar 6 months ago
i need some tips regarding managing the time table for the preparation of jee mains and advanced
@ yuthika frst of all u need to give max time to your weakest subject and less time to the strong one , but dnt ignore anything . 2nd thing – while making time table make a balance on phy , ...
Umakant biswal 5 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts