HETAV PATEL

Grade 11,

Sir/Ma'am, I am of eleventh right now..I've been scoring around 34% pc at my phase tests till now..and am tutored at fiitjee..I've been learning only for around 9 hours a week..which seems very less..now I've stepped on the rate by learning for 3 to 4 hours a day..the point is..I want to reach the 1500 rank so that I can get into Aerospace Engg at IIT Mumbai..please guide me through ! :) ..how should I proceed ?.. and my IQ comes to 137..please tell me the topics I should stress more on..how many hours should I concentrate in studies ?..I'll be very thankful if you help me out ! ^^

Sir/Ma'am,

I am of eleventh right now..I've been scoring around 34% pc at my phase tests till now..and am tutored at fiitjee..I've been learning only for around 9 hours a week..which seems very less..now I've stepped on the rate by learning for 3 to 4 hours a day..the point is..I want to reach the 1500 rank so that I can get into Aerospace Engg at IIT Mumbai..please guide me through ! :) ..how should I proceed ?.. and my IQ comes to 137..please tell me the topics I should stress more on..how many hours should I concentrate in studies ?..I'll be very thankful if you help me out ! ^^

Grade:

1 Answers

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert
148 Points
14 years ago

Dear BAlaram

Do not  look for important topic if you want to get rank uner 1500 .you should complete all the topic .
for 11th standard most effective and possible way is

besides school and coaching hour you should give 4-5 hour in your home for IIT JEE Prepration.

and for the rest of your board subject except(P C M) you can give 1 hour per day .

You have one year  and this is sufficient for prepration

I will suggest you to start from the begning. first revise your old notes in the same order as you was tought in coaching.

also refer good books of that topic. then solve standard question from books and IIT study material

and after finish the topic solve question of that topic from previous IIT JEE papers.
I will also suggest you to join test series.it will help you a lot for you prepration.

you can join online test series it will save your time.

The section-wise breakup of marks in the past four years  JEE  has been given below for your reference.

PHYSICS
'Electrostatics and Current Electricity', and 'Electromagnetism'-each of these topics has contributed about 15% to the total marks

'Optics' too contributes approximately 13% to the IIT-JEE

In the past four years, approximately 20% of the total marks pertain to Mechanics. Within Mechanics, the favorite topics seem to be 'Rigid Body Rotation' and 'Motion on a Plane'.

'Mechanical Waves' (sound) has accounted for approximately 12% of the total marks.

CHEMISTRY

'Organic Chemistry' has the highest weightage with mean marks of 36%. Topics like 'Isomerism' and 'Name Reactions', and 'Stability of reaction intermediates' should be thoroughly covered.

'Physical Chemistry' is a close second with a mean weightage of 33%.

'Inorganic Chemistry' and 'General Chemistry' account for 21% and 10% of the total marks. Inorganic Chemistry should be prepared by studying the group properties and periodicity.

MATHEMATICS
'Calculus' accounts for about 30% of the total marks in JEE Screening.

'Algebra' has a weightage of about 23% of the total marks.

'Analytical Geometry' has a weightage of about 20% of the total marks.

The topics of 'Vectors and 3-D Geometry' and 'Probability' have a weightage of approximately 6% each.

'Trigonometry' carries a weightage of about 9%. It has been observed that this weightage was as high as 17% in JEE

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed solution very quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free