1.is it ok to drop for iseet or not?

2.what is its pattern.whether we have to give board exams again next year?

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Rohan,

ISEET) Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test

Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test (ISEET): The Common Engineering Entrance Examination:

The Human Resource Development Ministry, Government of India is all set to go ahead with its plan to conduct a common engineering entrance examination from 2013, but the first nation-wide test may only cover technical institutions funded by the Centre.

IIT-JEE and AIEEE — for long the gateways to India’s top engineering colleges including the IITs and  NITs— is all set to be replaced by a brand new test to be called as ISEET -  Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test. As reported by The Indian Express on January 31, the new exam modeled on lines of the international test - ‘SAT’ comes into force starting 2013. The introduction of this test is expected to help do away with multiple entrance examinations and thereby reduce the stress levels of students.

ISEET Exam Date (Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test): 

The ISEET is going to be effective for admissions into the IITs and NITs for Admission year 2013 and therefore is expected to be conducted in either March or April 2013.

ISEET Test Pattern (Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test):

ISEET will have two papers on the same day:

ISEET Main:

• Duration of ISEET Main – 3 hours

• Paper-Test Pattern of ISEET Main – Areas Tested at ISEET:

• Reading Comprehension & Critical Thinking and Logical Reasoning

• Weightage to ISEET Main: 30% minimum

ISEET Advance:

• Duration of ISEET Advance3 hours.

• Paper-Test Pattern of ISEET Main – Areas Tested at ISEET:

• Problem Solving Ability in Basic Science Subjects

• Weightage for ISEET Advance: 30% minimum

• The two tests ISEET Main and ISEET Advance together will indicate a candidate’s scholastic level and aptitude for science and engineering.

The Selection Process from ISEET (Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test):

A student’s performance in the Class 12 Board exam will be considered, with the weightage not less than 40 per cent of the total score. The combined weight for ISEET Main and ISEET Advance will not be more than 60 per cent; however, the weightage given to Board scores can go up to 100 per cent.

Each state government or institute will be able to decide the specific weightage it gives to Board, ISEET Main and ISEET Advance exam/test scores. A committee headed by Dr T Ramasami, secretary in the Department of Science & Technology, has demonstrated with the help of the Indian Statistical Institute that school scores across various Boards can be normalized through a statistical process.

Parameters for Selection thru ISEET

Percentage weight at ISEET

Weigthage of Board Examination minimum

40%

Weightage of ISEET Main

30%

Weightage of ISEET Advance

30%

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Hello sir, This year my JEE-Advanced AIR is 12,500, BITSAT score is 280 and JEE-Main rank is 32,500. I belong to OBC category. I want to get selected in IIT. I cannot go to Kota for...

If that’s your choice of thriving for good IIT and a good branch then there is nothing wrong with it. But do keep in mind that with the decision you have just taken there comes a lot...
  img
Aziz Alam one month ago
find the angle between the two st lines 3x=4y+7 and 5y=12x+6 and also the equations to the two lines which pass through the point (4,5) and make equal angles with the two given lines

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below, ........(1) ........(2) Angle between line 1 & 2 Let the slope of the line be ‘m’ + sign is not possible. Line...
  img
Jitender Singh one month ago

Hello Student, There is a small mistake in the above answer. Sorry about that m = -7/9, 9/7

Jitender Singh one month ago
iam preparing for KVPY 2014 as in SB stream i have taken PCM not BIO but still BIO is in the exam paper so like is it optional to attend bio or it is compulsory

No,Biology for you is optional.The question paper will contain questions of all the 4 sections but you simply need to attend only three(PCM).Best of luck for KVPY. Thanks& Regards Aziz...
  img
Aziz Alam 2 months ago
what is length of second pendulum at pole of earth?

The value of g at poles is 9.83 m/s(square). So we use the formula of time period of the simple pendulum where t=1 sec. as it is a seconds pendulum. We can calculate the length of the...
  img
Apoorva Arora 3 months ago
sir which is better option ee at ism dhanbad or ece at IIIT hyderabad

ee at ism dhanbad or ece at IIIThyderabad both are good options, but you may go for IIT hyderabad ece which has little edge over ee , otherwise ism is a good option.
  img
Sher Mohammad 2 months ago
I have got 284 in bits and this years cutoff is 284 while waiting list cutoff is 272... i am interested in both btech and msc(hons)... will i get any of it in pilani, goa, hyderabad except...

The link below is BITSAT Branch and College Predictor.You can use it to get the answer to your query. http://www.askiitians.com/bitsat/rank-predictor.htm Thanks &Regards Aziz Alam IIT...
  img
Aziz Alam 2 months ago
View all Questions »