On going through the list of candidates offered prep seats in ismu, it is surprising to see that while there are quite a no. of seats in old iits for sc category, top 50 ranked sc canidates are given seats in ismu!! Does it mean these candidates prefer ismu than old iits. It appears that there are some discrepancy in the allotment of seats this year. On the other hand bottom most st candidates are given seats at ismu. Preparatory course counselling doesn't matter much. Your views please.

On going through the list of candidates offered prep seats in ismu, it is surprising to see that while there are quite a no. of seats in old iits for sc category, top 50 ranked sc canidates are given seats in ismu!! Does it mean these candidates prefer ismu than old iits. It appears that there are some discrepancy in the allotment of seats this year. On the other hand bottom most st candidates are given seats at ismu. Preparatory course counselling doesn't matter much. Your views please.

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

sug holy
8 Points
14 years ago

HI , I HAVE ALSO GOT INTO THE PREP COURSE AT ISM  IN THE SC CATEGORY AND LET ME TELL YOU I HAD ALSO GIVEN IT AS MY FIRST CHOICE , FOR THE VERY SIMPLE REASON THAT THE OLD IITs HAVE FEW B.TECH SEATS LEFT THIS YEAR  AND THOSE TOO IN SOME OF THE "LOWEST" BRANCHES FOR SC PPL , BUT IN ST CATEGORY THERE ARE QUITE A LOT OF SEATS EVEN IN SOME REALLY GOOD BRANCHES IN ALL IITs , SO IT'S NOT SURPRISING THAT  WHILE THE TOP ST STUDENTS PREFERRED THE IITs ,THE TOP SC STUDENTS GAVE ISM AS THEIR FIRST CHOICE , ANYWAY MOST OF THE TOP ONES WOULD HAVE GOT THRU ELSEWHERE..............PLZ TELL ME WATS YOUR RANK AND DECISION ....WHETHER U R GOING FOR IT OR NOT???WE COULD HELP EACH OTHER..... 

Sarah Parker
8 Points
14 years ago

the iits are not transparent enough to show list of preparatory course students as is  done in the case of ismu and iit patna. can they also not display list of students in their respective websites to know the exact situation. as of now as one friend rightly pointed out, the sc students prefer ismu due to availability of more seats for sc category, but in the case of st only ranks of 200+ are offered.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free