There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

i qualified for iit eml in 2009 with a rank of 37000, but i didnot qualify for iiser. my aieee air is 94000. i am a general student.

now,i do not want to drop out this year and prepare for iit 2010 as i lose hope very quickly which disturbs my mental state.

i'll be taking admission in engg college which i got through state cee. but i still want to try for iit 2010. please suggest me some books which i should use so that i qualify for iit 2010,since i'll have to continue my 1st year also it will be a little difficult to study in details ad devote all my time, but i can manage 2-3hours daily and sundays and holidays,,please help. suggest me what and how to do. and which one will be better for me,preparing for aieee or iit 2010?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Choosing the right topics for maximum study is very important not only for clearing JEE but also for getting a high rank. Lots of topics in JEE syllabus require a huge lot of time, incomparable to that required by other topics. Spending too much time on these topics and ignoring other topics leads to drastic failure in rank .Lots of topics in JEE are very easy and are of NCERT level.The key to topping JEE is to maximize your scoring in these topics which boosts the rank. Many such topics require considerably less time and is much much less than the time required by certain other topics with proportionate marks.You should spend more time on these topics and try to earn full marks in such topics.I list a few of these topics:

MODERN PHYSICS AND ELECTRONICS :most of the questions easy and similar to past JEE questions.

WAVE OPTICS :most of the questions are similar to past JEE questions

INORGANIC CHEMISTRY AND GENERAL CHEMISTRY :most of the questions are of NCERT level and are simple.

SOLID STATE :Most of the questions are very easy.

PROBABILITY AND DIFFERENTIATION :most of the questions are simple and NCERT level.

DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS :most of the questions are similar to past JEE questions.

By spending legible time on these topics ,the scoring in JEE will be boosted and only will you clear JEE but also get a high rank.But beware , don't neglect there other topics. In topics like mechanics, electricity , physical chemistry and analytical geometry , if the concepts are clearly understood then many of the questions pertaining to these topics can be easily handled.

You can get info about some of the important books from . For AIEEE preparation , u need to practice the problems regularly and for JEE , u need to build up ur concepts . So, these two xams have quite a different approach and it would be better if u decide , that which one u actually wanna go for.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Discuss with colleagues and IITians

i am getting chemical engineeering in bit mesra and cse in iiit bhubaneswar. Which college should i join?
@ neelendra @ neelendra bit mesra earned a good image in terms of placement and quality education . and also check your intrest , if u are intrested in chemical then, bits mesra will be the ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
in jee-advanced,how the marks of AIR is calculated,i mean to say AIR is calculated on the basis of 12TH (only PCM ) PERCENTAGE OR OVERALL PERCENTAGE OF 12TH std..
Marks for all th\e 5 subjects are used. But from next year board result wont have any weitage in JEE. Thanks
Vijay Mukati one month ago
@ xavier i think u are asking about those 75 percentile rule . if so , then all the 5 subjects will be used for the calculation of the percentile . but that do have some criteria , like if...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Marks for all the 5 subjects are used. But from next year board result wont have any weitage in JEE. u are asking about those 75 percentile rule .
Shreyas Patil one month ago
kindly let me know the cutoff for assam medical entrance examination 2015.
@ aakansha there is a criteria of 50 percent of the total marks decided by the dibrugarh university. i think thats the cutoff , still prev year it was that , i mean in 2015 , but not sure...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Dear Akanksha why don’t you visit the official website of the institution and get to know the cutoff, merit list and also your stature there whether you ar eable to secure a seat there or...
Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago
which should I choose jaypee noida or lnmiit jaipur for cs ?
Dear student Infrastructure wise LNMIIT had a little edge over JIIT Placement scenarios are similar in both LNMIIT and JIIT Fee in both the institutes were same. In LNMIIT almost all the...
Nishant Vora one year ago
Go with JAYPEE Noida....
Saurabh Kumar one year ago
Please give me detailed Introduction of Hyper threading Technology.
Processor resources, however, are often underutilized and the growing gap between core processor frequency and memory speed causes memory latency to become an increasing performance...
Amit Saxena 7 years ago
I will be appearing for iit jee in 2018. Which lessons should I study this year in 11 th and which books should I prefer?
@ RADHIKA all the chapters which are there in ncert are vital for jee prep. so, make a coverage of all the chapter that are in the ncert syllabus , and if u will be in cbse syllabus , then...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
please visit the below mentioned link to check syllabus thanks and approve my answer post for further queries thanks again
SAHIL 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts