sir, i got civil at iit roorkee, electronics in nit jaipur and likely to get electronics or mechanical at dce-nsit.sir please advice me what to choose, i am very confused..

sir, i got civil at iit roorkee, electronics in nit jaipur and likely to get electronics or mechanical at dce-nsit.sir please advice me what to choose, i am very confused..

Grade:Upto college level

4 Answers

Ramu kaka
33 Points
14 years ago

GO FOR CIVIL AT IIT ROORKEE.

IT IS BEST IN THE COUNTRY..

Prashant Sahay
19 Points
14 years ago

Dear Student , without any hesitation go after Civil at IIT Roorkee.

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi Nitin

I would surely suggest u to go for civil engg in IIT R, although other colleges are also good but cicil engg. from  IIT R can surely help u building better future prospects and also gets u the brand name of IIT.

The Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee is the best civil engg college in india. The British established the college as Thomason College of Civil Engineering in 1847. The college was renamed the University of Roorkee in 1949. Over the years, the institution has attained the fame of a leading educational institution for its fine quality academia, and also for its brilliant engineers.

The Department of Civil Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (Formerly University of Roorkee) is the oldest and the largest in the country and is considered as the best in the country for education in Civil Engineering. The department has in the past produced several eminent engineers who have made notable contributions in the planning and execution of Civil Engineering projects in India as well as abroad.

If you want to see the achievements of IIt R in civil engg, then do visit IIT Roorkee website www.iitr.ac.in/departments/CE/pages/index.html.

askiitian expert akshay singh
8 Points
14 years ago

Hi Nitin,

There is no need to be confused,the best option for you will be civil at IIT R. The civil eng. department in IIT Roorkee is the best u'll find in India.It was earlier known as Thomason Institute of Civil Engineering and was establisfed during the british empire primarily to enhance developments in civil eng. areas like infrastructure,irrigation,transportation etc.The department has a very strong background and is still the best.

Amongst the colleges you named there is no other IIT , the only IIT was IITR so you should go with the brand name IIT.If the choices available were like any other department in IITR and cs or elec . in NIT Warangal or Trichy then i would have definitely suggested you the nit's,but Civil at IITR is far much better then the other options available to you.

And you should be knowing that in present scenario the demand of civil engineers is increasing day by day, the reason being the growing infrastructure everywhere around you.Civil eng. has got a very promising future nowadays,and its scope is not gonna fade atleast for the next three decades.And b.tech in civil from IIT R is really gonna enhance ur CV very much and you should be realy happy that u have a chance to pursue b.tech in civil eng. from IIT R so my best advice would be go for civil at IIT R.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free