There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

sir..hw is the grading system in IITs?are they based on the stduents academic performence?can u explain the whole thing pls..also wat do these have to do with campus placements and salaray packages?if a stduent gets gud marks in all exams will he get a gud cgpa?is there any partiality??

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Arjun,

grading system is based on your marks in your exam. generally if u get A grade (>90), B (80-90) and so on.. the grading can be relative among the students or can be absolute, entirely depending on your subject teacher. some times this includes your impression , attendence, assignment submission - but all these carry 20 marks, mid exams-30 marks, end exams - 50 marks.

and CGPA has lot of importance in first shortlist for comapnies. generally a cgpa of 7.5 is very gud. Entirely CGPA doesnot work in placmnts, thr requirres u r persaonal talent, extra activities and son on. A gud CGPA will take u too the desk of interviewer easily sooner. Salary packages depends on depends on your dept.

Of course if perform well, youll get a gud grade and thus a gud CGPA.

For higer studies a gud GPA of 8+ is required to get admission in gud college.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Discuss with colleagues and IITians

How to be more perfect in solving numericals of physics in 12 th board exams.
In the preparation before examination 01.​Prepare a list of derivations, formulae and experiments in the syllabus and keep them handy 02.Revise all the Concepts regularly 03.Solve each and...
Santosh Datla 3 months ago
@ xavier As far as cbse board exams are concerned , they will ask u simple even numerical questions , donot worry about it . frst of all u need to read the whole ncert twice , and solve the ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Hello ….…... How to find the basicity of any molecule ??
For lone pairs on atoms of the same charge, the lone pair on the more electronegative atom or with more resonance structures will usually be more stable and less basic. 2) (Indirect method) ...
Shreyas Patil 2 months ago
i have not been able to access test series even though i have purchased iit jee complete study package and test series pls give url we have called ur number but no one is giving a...
@ raghav i am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you , kindlt drop a mail to the support team of askiitian and call them , and can u tell me how u subscribed the test series i mean the...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
please click on generate test and you are able to generate a new test according to your need. still facing any problem feel free to post or call at 01204616500 thanks
SAHIL 2 months ago
Contact the customer care team of askiitians. They can help you out in this issue. You can call on their toll free no. Hope it helps.
Shreyas Patil 2 months ago
What to prepare for KVPY entrance exam for SA stream?? What topics should I prepare??
@ bhavik kvpy does not specify any syllabus for its test . still u can go with the ncert textbook as the whole ques surrounds with the concept of ncert . so, frst of all take a look at the...
Umakant biswal 22 days ago
There are a lot of reasons for the outbreak of the First World War. Plz give me exact reason which was caused first world war.
There are many reasons why the World went to war in 1914. These are some of the more important reasons. Britain and Germany were competing to have the most powerful navy in the world. This...
Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 7 years ago
Dear Sir, I would like to ask you that whether one can prepare for IIT JEE, AIEEE & BITS at the same time. If yes then how & if no then why?
Dear sarma You can very well prepear for IIT JEE ,AIEEE, & BITs at the same time.because for all the exam is almost same and if you are prepearing for one then you have to give onlt...
Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 6 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts