Hi.. I dont quite understand the concept of doing an MBA after doing engineering eg. IIT/IIM.... What exactly is the reason for such a change i.e. from IIT to IIM?... Could u tell me what are the benefits, what an MBA after engineering is all about???

Hi.. I dont quite understand the concept of doing an MBA after doing engineering eg. IIT/IIM.... What exactly is the reason for such a change i.e. from IIT to IIM?... Could u tell me what are the benefits, what an MBA after engineering is all about??? 

Grade:12

1 Answers

Kevin Nash
askIITians Faculty 332 Points
14 years ago

Dear VArun,

IIM's are also almost equivalent to IIT'S , oftenly students get much higher package from IIT's. 

Recently as compared  package of IIT'S vary from 6lakh to 48 lakh. The highest package for the this year was 48 lakh while if you compare that from IIM then the highest package of IIM was 1.44 crore this year.

So this is first and basic difference that is the package varies lot , there fore student have huge craze for IIM .

Since after IIT, IIM  provides a well reputated additional background to the students profile, which in future nurtures the tallent and provides the better feasibility for any such student.

And hence studence they need a change to turn toward IIM after IIT's.

thanks and regards

Akhilesh shukla 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free