hii sir, how would be the future of Metallurgy in future and in what fields do we get jobs , and do we get in govt sector?

hii sir, how would be the future of Metallurgy in future and in what fields do we get jobs , and do we get in govt sector?

Grade:11

4 Answers

ADITI SINGH
95 Points
8 years ago

During the first year of study, students learn the basic engineering methods thought mathematics, physics and chemistry. Later in second year till final year of study student will learn about he principles of metal extraction and refining, materials characterization, structure- property relationship, and processing of metals and other materials.

There are lots of companies in India doing metallurgy business for example all steal companies offer jobs Material science and Metallurgical Engineering students. There are plenty of higher studies opportunities both in home and abroad.

Core Companies offering jobs: Steel Authority of India Limited, Tata Steel, Jindal Steel & Power Limited, Ispat Industries Ltd, John Deere, Pune, Reliance Industries Ltd. Government organization include ISRO, DRDO, and Railway.

Average salary offered: 2.5 ~ 3.0 lakhs per annum

Institutes offering Metallurgical Engineering: As labs are expensive most of the private engineering colleges in India don’t offer this course.
All state government universities offer this course

aakash netha
37 Points
8 years ago
Thank you very much for your information , may i know some more info regarding this which you might know please?
ADITI SINGH
95 Points
8 years ago
yes actually i am aditi and i wanted to help everyone by answereing questins here is the information
I am doing my B.Tech. degree in Metallurgy and Material Science  from College Of Engg.,Pune(COEP).Metallurgy is like Forbidden treasure.If you got the interest in this branch ,you definately get a very adequate knowledge regarding various Engineering processes like SteelMaking,IronMaking,HeatTreatment,FoundaryTechnology,Casting etc.future scope in this branch or any other branch depends upon how and what  you see in that branch .
i am also persuiing  metallurgical engineering  ,and can tell you what i feel about metallurgy .
well, broadly you can divide this branch in two broad categories
1. research
2 industry
 areas where research is going on in this field are smart materials ,sensors ,nano materials  and various other ares  and jobs in this sector mainly include in reserch institues and many R&D section of companies like intel and many more. and also huge amount of research is done in this field in other countries also ( DAKOTA SCHOOL OF MINES IN USA)
2nd option that is industry 
there are various types of industries 
1 Non ferrous extraction :- VEDANTA ,HINDUSTAN ZINC LIMITED ,SESA STERALITE , RIO TINTO.
2.Steel plants :-JINDAL STEEL ,TATA STEEL
3. Foundries ( this is basically a casting industy wher gaer box housing and various other type of castings are there ,which are made in foundries ):-MAHINDRA ,SWARAJ ,TATA MOTORS .

pay package depend upon various factors , like which company ,what position you hold there etc .
it is also true that in most (not all cases) working conditions are bit tough
,as dust ,high temperature is there . but not all the time one need to be there in such environment .
Metallurgy is a very less exploited subject. The advantage of such a course is that though jobs are limited, you have a good pay if you can prove yourself to be an able candidate . Instead of pursuing your bachelors in this course, you should do your masters. I'm not sure if that is your plan or you have already done it. But this is my strong advice. If you do your bachelors in a broader category like chemical engineering, then you have much more opportunities for a getting a job, but by having a degree in metallurgy will narrow your job opportunities. Once you finish your education in metallurgy, you can get jobs in R&D (research and development) departments in companies that manufacture metals, or in factories or automobile manufacturers. OR you can do this additional course called non destructive testing, wherin you can become the quality control officer or manager. You'll be incharge for testing shipment materials and this enables you to get a very high paid, lavish, comfortable job and you'll most probably placed anywhere abroad. You can join the mining industry also. i think that’s enough

I know guys that most of the students wish to take admissions in  Mechanical/Automobiles/Production Engineering after thier 10+2 .In India  Per Year 
1.5 Million students graduates from these above branches And from Metallurgy and Material science Engg. nearly 1000-1500 students complete their B.Tech.Degree.So,guys just think on it.Look at the Scope of this branch.
aakash netha
37 Points
8 years ago
I  m very thankful to your help,,Now i am perceiving my inter 2 nd year and planning to take MME in b.tech. As per me i am interested in research and dreaming to work in ISRO or some other Govt. Research centres.. How do I?

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free