Sir I passed my12 with 92% CBSE and I got 80 marks in jee mains 2016 . I wanted to drop a year and try once more to get admission in IIT is it good decision or I should join du without giving a year drop .

Sir I passed my12 with 92% CBSE and I got 80 marks in jee mains 2016 . I wanted to drop a year and try once more to get admission in IIT is it good decision or I should join du without giving a year drop .

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

Ankit
askIITians Faculty 170 Points
7 years ago
It depends on whether you really want to pursue your education from an Indian Institute of Technology, which are the premier institutes of the country.
DU is a decent university too, but studying from an IIT would give you a whole new level of experience, which you cannot expect from any other institute of India.

Not only IITs have better facilities, but their stronger alumni network, and student learning environment( considering you will be surrounded by the cream of nation) makes them worth for dropping an year, and preparing for JEE-Advanced.

Apart from IITs, you can also aim some NITs or BITS, which are a better option than DU, if you want to pursue engineering in your undergraduate study.
Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
Dear Student, think twice before dropping a year, mind it – if you have a strong determination, if you are focused towards your goal then there’s nothing that can stop you getting your goal. You must undergo a strict and a stern practice session. Join a reputed coaching center, get papers downloaded for extensive practice, do well in exam and I guess you can do wonders, else there is no dearth of good colleges and universities,..These all – PSG College of Technology, Coimbtore,.............LOvely Professional University, Phagwara,..........BITS, Pilani,.......BHU, Varanasi etc........ are providing quality education, training sessions for placements and then best possible placements to their students, so, without a second thought you can join any one out of these,wish you good luck.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free