Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off

if the function f(x)=2tanx+(2a+1)ln|secx|+(a-2)x is increased on R then find interval to which a belongs?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

f`(x) = 2sec^{2} x+ (2a+1) tan x + (a-2)
f`(x) > 0 if the function is increasing on R.
THe first term is always positive.
For f`(x) > 0,
As tan x can vary from (-inf, +inf)
Hence, the interval of a should be (-inf,+inf) for f`(x) to be greater than 0
Bharat Bajaj
askiitian faculty
IIT Delhi
2 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Differential Calculus

Please my doubt . Also pls suggest any graphical way to solve this out . It's urgent . Thankyou
The Graph of this function can be plotted using online tool Search desmos in google Unfortunately this website does not allow attachments for answers hence cannot post how graph looks like. ...
Ajay 4 months ago
You re welcome neha. Regarding books, Cengage has good reviews online, but I have not personally refered to it so cant comment on sufficiency of that book. I hope cengage book should have...
Ajay 3 months ago
I hope you want to ask why domain of arcsin cannot be greater than 1. by definition of inverse function the the domain of arcsin = range of sin function. Now range of sin function is [-1, 1 ...
Ajay 3 months ago
the subnormal at any point on the curve xy n = a n+1 is constant for?
The subnormal is constant for any value of x, y, and even n, . X, Y belongs to R and n belongs to N. Because given equation denotes a simple curve so subnormal have not any restrinction...
Pushparaj Patel one year ago
is it an indeterminate form??? see photo
Yes and its value will be 0
Vijay Mukati one year ago
0/0 form but neumerator has value exactly = 0 but denominator tends to 0 therefore its value is
Aakash one year ago
yes it is an indeterminante form
vedant patil one year ago
number of surjections formula
It is quite easy to calculate the total number of functions from a setXwithmelements to a setYwithnelements (nm), and also the total number of injective functions (nm−−, denoting...
Charchit Tailong one year ago
one can get a formula for the number of surjections using inclusion-exclusion, applied to the setsX1,...,Xm, where for eachithe setXiis defined to be the set of functions that never take the...
Ashutosh Sharma one year ago
Can anyone solve vector question asap and provide the solution
Nishant Vora 6 months ago
the answer fr your question is -5 that will come by solving the problem by the principles of dot product of vectors and cross product f vector
Prabhakar ch 6 months ago
DEAR,...... vectors are the simple and the logic concept, and it is so simple , i can solve the questions from this chapter.
mohan 6 months ago
If sin theta + cos theta =p and sec thet + cosec theta = q , show that q ( p square - 1) = 2p
q(p^2-1)= sec theta + cosec theta((sin theta +cos theta)^2 -1) sec theta + cosec theta( sin^2 theta + cos^2 theta + 2 sin theta cos theta)-1) (sin^2 theta + cos^2 theta=1) 1/cos theta +1...
Jayanth Miriyala 2 months ago
q(p square -1)=sec theta +cosec theta ( (sin theta +cos theta )square -1)=1/cos theta +1/sin theta (2sin theta cos theta )=(sin theta +cos theta )2=2p
SYED FAHIM AHAMAD 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn