Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off

pls giv detailed soln with graph for the following:

C) f(x)=mod sine inverse x is                 R) Differentiable in (0,1)

D) f(x) = mod cos inverse (x-1/2) is   S) not differentiable at least at one point in (-1,1)

T) not continuous at least at one point in(-1,1)

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

f(x) = |sin^{-1}(x)|

This is the graph of sin-1x. For |sin-1x|, the portion from -1 to 0 will be above y- axis & symmetric to other portion.

So, it is clear from the graph that f(x) is continuous in (0, 1) & the curve is smooth. So f(x) is differentiable in (0, 1).

f(x) = |cos^{-1}(x-\frac{1}{2})|

This is the graph of |cos-1x|. For |cos-1(x-1/2)|, domain would be

-1\leq x - \frac{1}{2}\leq 1

\frac{-1}{2}\leq x\leq \frac{3}{2}

So, in the interval(-1, -1/2) the graph is not continuous & not differentiable.

Thanks & Regards

Jitender Singh

IIT Delhi

askIITians Faculty

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Differential Calculus

differentiate (x+2)sin3x/ x 3 +cot 2 x with respect to x
Dear Student, In this problem you will need to use the formula for differentiation of two functions in division i.e. d/dx (1/2) = 2(d/dx (1)) – 1 (d/dx(2)) / (2 2 ) . Also you need to...
Vijay Mukati 7 months ago
) . Also you need to apply chain rule simultaneously.Thanks.or 2 n this problem you will need to use the formula for differentiation of two functions in division i.e. d/dx (1/2) = 2(d/dx...
siva prasad reddy 7 months ago
y= h0 + h1x1 + h2x2 x1= 2, x2= 1, y=250 Find h0,h1, h2
Priya, here one equation and three unknown. So it has infinte number of solution. if the value of h1=1,2,3,-------- then corresponding chose the value of h0 and h2.
Kumar 29 days ago
Differentiate with to x what is answer for differentiate
Hii Take it equal to y . Then differentiate both the sides with respect of y and x independently. From there find out the value of dy\dx and replace the value of y in terms of x that was...
Sourabh Singh 29 days ago
if AB=A and BA=B then which is correct a) A^2=A b) B^2=B c)A=I d) B=I? chapter matrices
Both options (a) and (b) are correct .A 2 =A & B 2 =B.
Nikhil Upadhyay one year ago
Look options a) and b) are correct showing that options c and d are also correct.see below for explaination. A 2 =A--------->A.A=A------------->A=A -1 .A(taking one of the A to right side...
Nikhil Upadhyay one year ago
Nikhil Upadhyay but why C and D not correct??? if we multiply both side by A inverse.... we will get A=I. ???
rajnish kumar one year ago
what is cross product ?what is cross product of a and b?
cross product can b defined as the product of two quantities which have magnitude and direction. a*b=absin∂
DEEPTHI JANGA 7 months ago
PRODUCT OF TWO VECTORS IS CALLED AS VECTOR PRODUCT. AXB=(a2b3-a3b2)i-(a1b3-a3b1)+(a1b2-a2b1)k this the way to find cross product of two vectors
RIYAZSHAIK 6 months ago
Cross product can be defined as the product of two vectors having magnitude and direction and result is vector. a*b=absin∂
M.EBENEZER 6 months ago
|a×i| whle squre +|a×j|whle square +|a×k|whle square +1= ??
It is 2mod(a)sq +1
Piyush one year ago
this it is 2mod(a)sq +1 and also another method we attemt that type of question then we can another time
RIYAZSHAIK 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn