Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 320 off

Sand is pouring from a pipe at the rate of 12 cm3/s. The falling sand forms a cone on the ground in such a way that the height of the cone is always one - sixth of the radius of the base. How fast is the height  of the sand cone increasing when the height is 4 cm? 

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

V= ∏/3 r2h

given h=r/6

or  r=6h

V = 12∏h3

differentiate w.r.t time

dV/dt = 36∏h2 dh/dt

dh/dt = 12/(36*∏*16)

=6.63 X 10-3 cm/sec

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Differential Calculus

could u plz answer the 21 st qstn of misc.exercise of chpt-5, class 12,ncert-“does there exist a function which is continous everywhere but not differentiable at exactly 2 points? justify.” ...
I answered exactly same questions for another user 3 days ago. Please check the answer for previous question under same topic.
Ajay 2 months ago
e x l og a + e alogx +e aloga
since we can write e xlog a =e log a^x =a x so the required answer is a x +x a +a a
Revti Raman one year ago
Y=tan x + sec x Prove that – cos x/(1- sinx) 2 Plz give me solution of that question i am very confused about it. I had try to solve this but i cant so plzz give me solution on my whatssapp ...
Hello Mohan The question is not clear, could you post what needs to be proved in this question.-------------------
Ajay 3 months ago
Find the equation of the circle having center in the first quadrant, touching the x – axis, having a common tangent y = √3x +4 with the circle x^2 + y^2 + 4x + 4y + 4 = 0 such that the...
Let the equation of the circle having center in the first quadrant, be x^2 + y^2 + 2gx + 2fy + c = 0......................(1) touching the x – axis, .i.e y = 0 put it in eqn. (1), and and...
Vikas TU 3 months ago
what are tensor quantities? please explain examples for tensorquantities
Hey Tensor quantities are those quantities which are neither vector nor scalar. Example: Moment of Inertia
Sudeshna Chaudhuri 8 months ago
I have confusion between undefined and infinite. For example,tan 90 degrees is undefined or infinite?Please clarify my doubt.
Tha 90 is undefined because tan90 have different values when we approach it from different side of 90 as shown. Since there right hand and left hand limits of tanx at x= 90 are not same,...
Ajay 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 320 off

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn