DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

if f(x) = { 3-x2 , -1[_x[_2

{ 2x-4 ,  2[_x[_4 then find fof(x)and discuss the continuty and differentiability

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans:
f(x) = \left \{ 3-x^{2}, -1\leq x< 2 \right \}
f(x) = \left \{ 2x-4, 2\leq x\leq 4 \right \}
Continuity,
Left Hand Limit(LHL) = Right Hand Limit(RHL) = f(2)
LHL = \lim_{x\rightarrow 2^{-}}3-x^{2} = -1
RHL = \lim_{x\rightarrow 2^{+}}2x-4 = 1
LHL\neq RHL
f(x) is not continuous at x = 2
Similarly you can find Left Hand Derivetive & Right Hand Derivative
LHD=\lim_{x\rightarrow 2^{-}}\frac{f(x+2)-f(2)}{x}
RHD=\lim_{x\rightarrow 2^{+}}\frac{f(x+2)-f(2)}{x}
f(x) is not differentiable at x = 2
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
10 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
please explain fully …...if it is 0/0 form than tell why ….…..please

Ans: If the given function in the limit is of zero by zero form, then we can apply L’Hospital rule which is explain below f(a) = 0 g(a) = 0 Similarly follow for higher derivative. We...
  img
Jitender Singh 9 months ago

jitendra sir my question is not ..to explain l hospital rule ….….my question is that the image that i attach have 0/0 form …. how it have 0/0 form.....................jo maine question...

milind 9 months ago
TANGENTS AND NORMALS show that the following set of curves intersect orthogonally y=x^3 and 6y=7 – x^2

Ans: Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below If the curves intersect orthogonally, then tangents at their points of intersection must be perpendicular Curve 1: Slope of...
  img
Jitender Singh 7 months ago
TANGENTS AND NORMALS at what points on the curve y= 2x^2 – x + 1 is the tangent parallel to the line y=3x + 4.

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Slope of tangent = 3 Put in curve
  img
Jitender Singh 7 months ago
Incident ray is along the unit vector v and the reflected ray is along the unit vector w . The normal is along unit vector a outwards. Express w in terms of a and v.

Hello Student, v is unit vector along the incident ray and w is the unit vector along the reflected ray. Hence a is a unit vector along the external bisector of v and w. w-v=ka...
  img
Arun Kumar 9 months ago
How is the magnitude of the scalar triple product is the volume of a parallelopiped formed by adjacent sides given by the three vectors a , b and c . (The bold letters represent vectors)

Hi, When you do AxB, it represents the area of a parallelogram, i.e. a two dimensional figure. But when we take its dot product with the third vector , that means we are taking the component...
  img
Yash Baheti 5 months ago
A ball thrown by a boy in the street is caught by another boy on a balcony 4m above the ground and 18m away after 2s.calculate the intial velocity and the angle of projection.

Let us first resolute the velocity as ux for velocity along x axis due to which it travels 18m and uy which is vertical velocity due to which it travels 4m. There is no air drag(assumption)...

Govind Menon 9 months ago
View all Questions »