if f(x) = { 3-x2 , -1[_x[_2

{ 2x-4 ,  2[_x[_4 then find fof(x)and discuss the continuty and differentiability

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans:
f(x) = \left \{ 3-x^{2}, -1\leq x< 2 \right \}
f(x) = \left \{ 2x-4, 2\leq x\leq 4 \right \}
Continuity,
Left Hand Limit(LHL) = Right Hand Limit(RHL) = f(2)
LHL = \lim_{x\rightarrow 2^{-}}3-x^{2} = -1
RHL = \lim_{x\rightarrow 2^{+}}2x-4 = 1
LHL\neq RHL
f(x) is not continuous at x = 2
Similarly you can find Left Hand Derivetive & Right Hand Derivative
LHD=\lim_{x\rightarrow 2^{-}}\frac{f(x+2)-f(2)}{x}
RHD=\lim_{x\rightarrow 2^{+}}\frac{f(x+2)-f(2)}{x}
f(x) is not differentiable at x = 2
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
4 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
MODIFIED AND CORRECT QUESTION Find doamin of f(x) x IS IN (0,pi) g(x)=|sinx|+sinx h(x)=sinx+cosx , x is in b/w 0 to pi f(x)=(log h(x) g(x))1/2 log is in square root and h(x) is in base...

Ans: 1st Part: 2nd Part: 3rd Part: Lets assume Final sol. for this part: Lets assume Final sol. of this part: Final Solution: Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh IIT Delhi askIITians Faculty
  img
Jitender Singh 3 months ago
Please tell how they calculate it sir please see attachment

use induction principle to verify for n=1 = 5+1/1 + 0/1=6 2+4=6 means for n=1 it is correct , lets prove assume it true for n, and try to prove for n+1.
  img
Sher Mohammad 3 months ago

Hello student, Please find answer to your question
  img

Hello student, Please find answer to your question
  img
How is

Hi, This is a splecial case and you can see it is of form f(x) g(x) = 1 where f(x) is 1 + sinx and g(x) = 1/x 2 Direct Solution of above form is e g(x) (f(x) -1) Put f(x) and g(x) and get...
  img
Harsh Patodia 25 days ago
options:- 113/24 sq. units 111/24 sq. units 117/24 sq. units 121/24 sq. units

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Your question is not clear and seems to be incomplete. Please recheck your question andpost it again. I am not able to interpret...
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago
A rocket moves horizontally with a constant velocity ‘u’ at a height ‘L’. A guided missile is fired vertically with a speed ‘v’ when the rocket passes above it. Assuming that the missile...

The plans will strike when the both covers the distance L, the verticl velocity of above plane is, v=gt donwards, so the relative velocity is gt+v s= u+at L=gt+v+gt ^2 gt 2 +gt+v-L=0, solve...
  img
Sher Mohammad 3 months ago
Find the greatest term in the expansion of (7-5x)^2 where x=2/3 Please explain the steps. Thankyou in advance.

Hello Student. Please find the solution (7-5x)^2 = 49 + 25x^2 – 70x so first term = 49 second term = -70*2/3 third term = 25 x^2 = 25*4/9 = 11.11 So 49 is greatest...
  img
Nishant Vora 13 days ago

Sorry sir.. i am extremely sorry.. Actually i typed in the wrong question.. it was (7-5x)^11, where x=2/3.. I am extremely sorry once again. Sir please give me the correct answer for this.

Swagat Bordoloi 13 days ago
View all Questions »