DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

If f(x) is a polynomial function which satisfy the relation (f(x))2 f"(x)=(f"(x))3 f'(x), f'(0)=f'(1)=f'(-1)=0,f(0)=4, f(±1)=3, then f"(i) (where i=√7) is equal to

Please show complete solution

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans:
f'(0) = f'(-1) = f'(1) = 0
\Rightarrow f'(x) = ax(x-1)(x+1), a = constant
\int df(x) = \int ax(x-1)(x+1)dx
f(x) = a(\frac{x^{4}}{4}-\frac{x^{2}}{2}) + c, c = constant
f(0) = a(\frac{0^{4}}{4}-\frac{0^{2}}{2}) + c = 4
\Rightarrow c = 4
f(\pm 1) = a(\frac{(\pm 1)^{4}}{4}-\frac{(\pm 1)^{2}}{2}) + 4 = 3
\frac{-a}{4} = -1
a = 4
f(x) = x^{4}-2x^{2}+4
f'(x) = 4x^{3}-4x
f''(x) = 12x^{2}-4
f''(\sqrt{7}) = 12(\sqrt{7})^{2}-4 = 80
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
3y = ( log x ) ^2 Is y a function of x ? x belongs to R , y belongs to R.

no it is not a function because at domain and x and y both is real numbers but if we put x =0 then there is no value of y will be corresponding to that x bcoz log(0) is not defined approve...

ng29 3 months ago

THE VALUE OF X WOULD BE DEFINED WHEN X [R + ] ITH VALUE OF Y AIN’T BE DETERMINED SO NO FUNCTION HENCE NO QUESTION OF CONTINUITY OR DISCONTINUITY APPROVE IF USEFUL

grenade 2 months ago

I think its a function but just discontinuous.

noneool 3 months ago
what is l’hospital rule?

l’hospital rule is used to calculate the value of the funcions having limits attached to them there first of all we get the 0/0 form and then we diffrentiate the numerator and denominator...

grenade 2 months ago

The above statement can be extended to any indeteminant forms such as those with infinity or division by 0.Just differentiate the nuemerator and denominator until you can easily apply the...

IVIN ZACHARIA THOMAS 2 months ago
can someone tell me where is monotonicity part in the book M.L. Khanna. I’m unable to solve questions of monotonicity.

Monotonocity part in Ml khanna is in chapters like derivatives,differentiations etc
  img
Charchit Tailong 4 days ago
how many 5 letter words can be formed from letters of INDEPENDENT

11 LETTERS.3N’S 3E’S 2D’S 1P 1I 1T. NO.OF 5 LETTER WORDS; CASE 1;OUT OF 5 3ARE ALIKE AND 2 ARE DIFFERENT 2C1.5C2.5!/3!=400 CASE 2;OUT OF 5 3 ARE ALIKE OF ONE KIND AND 2 ARE ALIKE OF OTHER...

yaswanth 7 months ago

11 LETTERS.3N’S 3E’S 2D’S 1P 1I 1T. NO.OF 5 LETTER WORDS; CASE 1;OUT OF 5 3ARE ALIKE AND 2 ARE DIFFERENT 2C1.5C2.5!/3!=400 CASE 2;OUT OF 5 3 ARE ALIKE OF ONE KIND AND 2 ARE ALIKE OF OTHER...

yaswanth 7 months ago

yaswanth 7 months ago
tanx/x plllllllllz

what is your question

maneeshbabu 20 days ago
Consider a plane x+y-z=1 and the point A(1,2,-3) A line L has the equation x=1+3r y=2-r z=3+4r Equation of the plane containing the line L and the point A has the equation (A) x-3y+5...

Put any 2 values of r to get the coordinates of any 2 points that lie on the linegiven by x=1+3r y=2-r z=3+4r Let those points be B and C So, we need to the eqn of a plane which contains 3...
  img
Ravi 6 months ago
View all Questions »