ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

If f(x) is a polynomial function which satisfy the relation (f(x))2 f"(x)=(f"(x))3 f'(x), f'(0)=f'(1)=f'(-1)=0,f(0)=4, f(±1)=3, then f"(i) (where i=√7) is equal to

Please show complete solution

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans:
f'(0) = f'(-1) = f'(1) = 0
\Rightarrow f'(x) = ax(x-1)(x+1), a = constant
\int df(x) = \int ax(x-1)(x+1)dx
f(x) = a(\frac{x^{4}}{4}-\frac{x^{2}}{2}) + c, c = constant
f(0) = a(\frac{0^{4}}{4}-\frac{0^{2}}{2}) + c = 4
\Rightarrow c = 4
f(\pm 1) = a(\frac{(\pm 1)^{4}}{4}-\frac{(\pm 1)^{2}}{2}) + 4 = 3
\frac{-a}{4} = -1
a = 4
f(x) = x^{4}-2x^{2}+4
f'(x) = 4x^{3}-4x
f''(x) = 12x^{2}-4
f''(\sqrt{7}) = 12(\sqrt{7})^{2}-4 = 80
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Please tell how they calculate it sir please see attachment please

attachement is not visible, please write the quesion on forum , otherwise not possible to help you.
  img
Sher Mohammad one year ago

=5 +n/1 + n(n-1) / 2! + ….....+ n!/n! next step I want to understand (1+1)^n + 4 = 2^n + 4

milind one year ago
The maximum value of (logx)/x is 2/e 1/e 1 e Please explain it.

1/e let f(x)=logx/x to get max of f(x)............ f i (x)=0 u get some value of x substitute it in f(x) u get max value of f(x)

noogler one month ago

DONT FORGET TO APPROVE IF USEFUL!!!!

noogler one month ago
Blue circles r doubts

(4,infinity)

noogler 13 days ago

log function is > 0.........................apply it

noogler 13 days ago
​Q DEAR ASKIITIANS FACULTY , KNOWING THAT THE FACT THAT YOUR SITE RECEIVES HUNDREDS OF QUESTIONS DAILY BUT I STILL REQUEST YOU TO TAKE MY DOUBTS ASAP.

Hello student, We understand your needs and appreciate the fact that you understand our situation as well. We try our level best to answer all the questiosn as soon as possible. But, at...
  img
Latika Leekha 3 months ago
sir what is parallelopiped this is asked in the mathematics exercise of 8 th grade but it is nowhere to be found in the book

In geometry, a parallelepiped is a three-dimensional figure formed by six parallelograms (the term rhomboidis also sometimes used with this meaning). By analogy, it relates to a...
  img
Sourabh Singh 10 months ago

a parallelepiped is a three-dimensional figure formed by six parallelograms. The rectangular cuboid (six rectangular faces), cube (six square faces), and the rhombohedron (six rhombus faces)...
  img
Yash Baheti 10 months ago
the value of c so that all real x, the vectors cxi-6j+k,xi+2j+2c k make an obtuse angle are

there will not be value of c it will be interval for obtuse angle make dot product product between the vectors negative we get cx 2 -12+2c c 2 +2) as x belongs to real u can find out the...

ng29 2 months ago
View all Questions »