let f(x)=ax^3 + bx^2 + cx + dsinx.Find d condition dat f(x) is always one-one function.

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear MAnuj,

f(x)= ax3+ bx2+ cx+dsinx

d f (x)/dx=3ax^2 + 2bx + c + dcosx <0 (say)

i.e. 3ax^2 + 2bx + c + d<0   (as max. of cosx =1)

and b^2 -4ac<0 (for im roots)

u get : b^2 < 3a(c+d)

but if u hd taken 3ax^2 + 2bx + c + dcosx >0

then take 3ax^2 + 2bx + c - d>0 

Best Of Luck...!!!!

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It’s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
help its answer is option (b)

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below It is given that exactly one statement is true out of three. Case I: Statement 1 is true which means f(x) = 1 & f(y) not...
  img
Jitender Singh one month ago
what is calculus ??please explain it briefly.

Ans: Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below Calculus is the mathematical study of change . It has two major barnches differential calculus (concerning rates of change...
  img

Dear student, Calculus is the branch of Mathematics which helps in computing results for dynamical systems. Calculus helps one in finding how one physical quantity varies as a function of...
  img
Sumit Majumdar one month ago
Show by using LMVT , f(x)=logx that 1-a/b

Hi Drake, Please write the complete question. What do i need to show by LMVT. Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh IIT Delhi askIITians Faculty
  img
Jitender Singh 3 months ago
evaluate the following integral ∫ sin 2x / sin(x – pi/6) sin(x + pi/6) dx

Ans: Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below
  img
Dear sir I am having problem in this question Find a dot b and a cross b if- Avector=i cap + 2jcap +kcap and b magnitude is 3 along c vector=icap+jcap+kcap

Hi please evaluate dot and cross yourself. Thanks & Regards, Arun Kumar, Btech,IIT Delhi, Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 4 months ago
A body covers 2m in first 2 seconds and another 2.2 m in next 4 sec.Find its velocity at the end of 7 sec from the start.

Hii Student The exact data and direction is not given in the given problem . So for finding out velocity vector the given information is not exact. Ambiguity is present in the question....
  img
Sourabh Singh one month ago
View all Questions »