is =

lim n→∞  x+2x+3x+.........+nx + {x}+{2x} ...+{nx}

= x(1+2+3+..+n)   +   {x}+...{nx}

=x(n(n+1))/2n^2 +  ({x}+...{nx})/n^2

Since {} is only b/w 0 and 1  , the second operand becomes 0 as n tends to

on solving the first part , u get (n2 x +nx)/2n2 = x/2 +x/2n

x/2n becomes 0 as x tends to infinity.

therefore the answer is x/2.

An easy way to do limits when Greatest integer  function is there, is to take out the commom element which does not change ... in this case x. (x , 2x, 3x ...)  x remains same.

divide this element by the power to which the denominator (having the dependent variable) is raised.

eg: [x]+[2x]+[3x]....+[nx]

as n tends to infinity, = x/3

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Differential Calculus

range of (x-1) ½ + (5-x) 1 /2 ….................................................................................................
Let y= √(x-1) + √(5-x).Now we will square both sides.y²= x-1 + 5-x + 2√(x-1)√(5-x)Y²= 4 + 2 √-(x²-6x+5)Here,z= x²-5x+6 is a quadratic expression whose range can be calculated by the formula...
Rahul 6 days ago
what is the maxima and minima of x-(1/x) plz ans with method thanks
Differentiate it: f(x) = x – 1/x (given) df/dx = 1 + 1/x^2 > 0 Hence it is an increasing function. The function grapgh will always increase monotonically. with slope positive. And it will...
Vikas TU 4 months ago
let Y=x-1/x upon differentiating we get dy/dx=1+1/x^2 hence dy/dx always positive then it will always increses monotonically then at x=infinity y=infinity(maxima) and x=-infinity...
swapnil 4 months ago
What will will come when we differentiate acceleration
when we deferentiate the acceleration we get the jerk.
RAMCHANDRARAO 9 months ago
I`m probably just being a jerk but you didn`t specify what you are differentiating with respect to.If you differentiate acceleration as a function of distance from (say) the moon, you`ll get...
rahul kushwaha 23 days ago
MR. PRABHAKAR its nothing but “JERK“, and its a sudeen movement if u want an example then when u r travelling in the bus if driver puts a sudden brake there is movement in u i.e, jeRk
Dheeru chowdary 9 months ago
If a, b, c are real numbers and satisfy 1/a + 1/b + 1/c = 1/(a+b+c), then the value of ((1/a + 1/b + 1/c)^2007) - (2007 / ( a^2007 + b^2007 + c^2007 )) + ( 2006 / ((a + b + c)^2007 )) is :...
answer is b I don’t the proper method to solve this but you can solve it by this method. Take a=1, b=-1, c=1, then above equation is also satisfied. Value of expression = 1-2007+2006 = 0 So ...
manmath 8 months ago
I don’t the proper method to solve this but you can solve it by this method. Take a=1, b=-1, c=1, then above equation is also satisfied. Value of expression = 1-2007+2006 = 0 So the answer...
Anoopam Mishra one year ago
Please approve.
Anoopam Mishra one year ago
Prove that :-- Cos ø - Sin ø = sec 2ø- tan 2ø cos ø + Sin ø
Sec2ø-tan2ø=(1-cos2ø)/sin2ø=(cosø-sinø)^2/cos^2ø-sin^2ø=cosø-sinø/cosø+sinø(proved)you have to only remember formula
Ashutosh nayak 2 months ago
no of sol. of Ix+2I+IxI+Ix-2I=p ,p belongs to Real no. are?
jagdish singh singh one month ago
draw the graph of given eq. hence getting if p=4 we getone sol.i.e x=0 while for all p>4 two solutions.
Pranav Dabhade one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn