Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Every base in above expression is +ve & not equal to 1 so that part of the requirement is fulfilled.

For tan-1x to be defined x could take any real value.

For (tan-1x)-1 to be defined x could take any real value except where tan-1x=0 ;i.e. x ≠0.

For log2/pi(tan-1x)-1 to be defined (tan-1x)-1 >0 ;i.e. x>0.

For log2log2/pi(tan-1x)-1  to be defined  log2/pi(tan-1x)-1 >0;or,(tan-1x)-1 >1;or, tan-1x<1;or,x<tan(1 radian).

At last for log10log2log2/pi(tan-1x)-1 to be defined log2log2/pi(tan-1x)-1 >0;or, log2/pi(tan-1x)-1 >1

or, (tan-1x)-1 <2/pi                 ....[coz' (2/pi)<1]

or, tan-1x>pi/2 which couldn't be possible for any real x.    ---[-¶/2≤tan-1x¶/2;principal values.]

Hence the given expression is not defined for any x or it's domain is a null set.

This could be easily deducted by doing last step first & such kind of intution could be mastered by good practice.I just give these steps for the thoroughness.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Differential Calculus

find dy/dx if y=e xloga +e alogx +e aloga
since i have told earlier the formula so here y=a x +x a +a a therefore dy/dx=a x log a+ax a-1 +a a log a
Revti Raman one year ago
limit x tends to 0 then what is the value of 1-cosmx/1-cosnx=
Since this of form 0/0 use L Hospital rule. Differentiating numerator and denominator it becomes (m sin mx)/ (n sin nx) This is again of form 0/0 , hence differentiating again (m 2 cos mx)/ ...
Ajay 4 months ago
(1-cosmx/1-cos nx )x(1+cos nx/ 1+cos nx)= ((1-cosmx)x (1+cos nx))/(1-cos 2 nx) 1-cosmx/1-cosnx= now rationalise tends to 0 limit x =(1+cosnx-cosmx.cosnx-cosmx)/( 1-cos 2 nx)...
DEEPTHI JANGA 7 months ago
limit x tends to zero (1-cosmx)/(1-cosnx) by dividing the euation with mx and multiply with nx then you will get =limit x tends to zero (1-cosmx)/(1-cos nx)*(nx)/(mx) on re arranging we...
SREEKANTH 4 months ago
by solving this problems with clear proof,it is in odinary differential solutions.
If the pair of state lines joining the origin to the point of intersection of the ellipse x²∕𝐲²+y²⁄𝐛²=1 and the line 𝑙𝑥+𝑚𝑦+𝑛=0 are parpandecular to each other then show that...
SAMAUL SK 3 months ago
sin^2A-sin^2B=(sinA+B)(sinA-B)how can it be true?? It should be (sinA-sinB)(sinA+sinB).please help!!
Hi Riya You can use the formula for Sum and Difference for Sin to get the required solution. Have look below and hope you understand the derivation
Ajay 3 months ago
Thank you .I got it now. I was not equating the second last LHS to sin2x but now I got it thanks a lot .I need to concentrate more.
riya 3 months ago
Estimate the value of the solid sphere of radius 4..............................................?
I thin its volume. Volume of the solid sphere = 4/3 * pi* r3 put r = 4 and get the volume calculated itself in cm^3 for radii in cm.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
if diagonas of a parallelogram are given as” a”vector and”b” vector. how to find the area of the parallelogram
hi, i think this might help, area =1/2{ magnitude of c,ross product of sides vectors } thank you ankit........
Ankit Jaiswal 8 months ago
area = ½{ magnitude of cross product of sides vectors }
sri tanish one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts