Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off

Let f(x) and g(x) be two functions which cuts each other orthogonally. At their common point of intersction (x1) , both f(x) and g(x) have equal to n, where n belongs to N, and n ≠ 1. Also if |f ' (x1)| = | g ' (x1)| at the common point of intersection. Then show that the  limit (x approaches x1 )   [f(x).g(x)] is equals to n-1 , where [.] represents greatest integral functions.

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Since the two functions cut orthogonally,

f'(x1).g'(x1) = -1

Now since

|f ' (x1)| = | g ' (x1)|

Therefore :

f ' (x1)= - g'(x1)

Either f'(x1) = 1 and g'(x1) = -1

f'(x1) = -1 and g'(x1) = 1

Now, What does this statement mean?

"both f(x) and g(x) have ?????? equal to n, where n belongs to N, and n ≠ 1"

Shoould there be something in place of ??????

Waiting for your reply.

Askiitian Expert

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Differential Calculus

What will will come when we differentiate acceleration
when we deferentiate the acceleration we get the jerk.
RAMCHANDRARAO 9 months ago
I`m probably just being a jerk but you didn`t specify what you are differentiating with respect to.If you differentiate acceleration as a function of distance from (say) the moon, you`ll get...
rahul kushwaha 27 days ago
MR. PRABHAKAR its nothing but “JERK“, and its a sudeen movement if u want an example then when u r travelling in the bus if driver puts a sudden brake there is movement in u i.e, jeRk
Dheeru chowdary 10 months ago
Please my doubt . Also pls suggest any graphical way to solve this out . It's urgent . Thankyou
The Graph of this function can be plotted using online tool Search desmos in google Unfortunately this website does not allow attachments for answers hence cannot post how graph looks like. ...
Ajay 4 months ago
You re welcome neha. Regarding books, Cengage has good reviews online, but I have not personally refered to it so cant comment on sufficiency of that book. I hope cengage book should have...
Ajay 4 months ago
I hope you want to ask why domain of arcsin cannot be greater than 1. by definition of inverse function the the domain of arcsin = range of sin function. Now range of sin function is [-1, 1 ...
Ajay 4 months ago
is it an indeterminate form??? see photo
Yes and its value will be 0
Vijay Mukati one year ago
0/0 form but neumerator has value exactly = 0 but denominator tends to 0 therefore its value is
Aakash one year ago
yes it is an indeterminante form
vedant patil one year ago
show that the tangent to y^2= 4ax at (a,-2a) touches the parabola x^2= 4ay.
Differntiate y^2= 4ax, 2y.dy/dx = 4a dy/dx = 2a/y dy/dx = 2a/-2a = -1 Thus for x^2 = 4ay the slope should also come to -1 as they both have a common tangent. Now doing, 2x = 4ady/dx2 dy/dx2 ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Where can I get the solution of problem plus in IIT mathematics A Days Gupta ? I am stuck in some few questions so need a solution for that
@nikhil solution book are avaliable separately for a das gupta books in the market , its of bharat publication . also , if u have questions , then u can directly post it here , and i will...
Umakant biswal 18 days ago
Question 8. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ?? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Slight correction last few steps....................................................................................................
Ajay 3 months ago
Ajay 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Differential Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question