Hi, I would like to know how much role branch play in any IIT? We have confusion between choosing IIT location and branch? Which one plays key role? How to come to decision? We do not have chance to get computer branch anyway. Please advice how to choose between location and branch. Thank you

Hi, I would like to know how much role branch play in any IIT? We have confusion between choosing IIT location and branch? Which one plays key role? How to come to decision? We do not have chance to get computer branch anyway. Please advice how to choose between location and branch. Thank you

Grade:12th pass

3 Answers

SAHIL
3778 Points
7 years ago
hi sri
i think instead of location branch should be your preference because branch has a lifetime effect on your carrer while location has only a 4 year effect on your life. donot consider location and go to that place where you are getting best branch
hope you will consider my advice
raj
383 Points
7 years ago

i think instead of location branch should be your preference because branch has a lifetime effect on your carrer while location has only a 4 year effect on your life. donot consider location and go to that place where you are getting best branch
hope you will consider my advice
Nicho priyatham
625 Points
7 years ago
Hey,congrats on your sucess
I am 2nd year under grad at IIT Bombay.Firsly I want to say that if you are really intrested in any paticular subject the take it up without bothering about location.If you dont have any paticular intrest the I will advice you to give preference to IIT Bombay first ,then to Delhi or Madras then to IIT kanpur and Karaghpur and then to IIT Rorkee , Guwahati , Hyerabad. After spending an Year at any of top IIT you realise that “Branch is always secondary ”
I have asked you to give prefrence to IIT Bombay Delhi and Madras because they are old IITs and you get a lot of exposure as they are in Metro cities and amoung these 3 IIT Bombay offers you more freedom then any other IIT so IITb should b place first.
PLZ UPGRADE if useful
In case of further doubts ask it below 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free