Please give the ranking of IITs( Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur, Madras,Kharagpur & Roorkee only) for each of the following streams:

1) ComputerScience and Engg.,

2)Electrical Engg.,

3)Electronics Engg.,

4)Mechanicak Engg., and

5)Chemical Engg.

Rgds,

V Thakur

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

allotment rank wise as per IIT JEE 2008 rank list is given below.

Opening rank        closing rank

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-alt:"Times New Roman"; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:auto; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.text {mso-style-name:text;} span.apple-style-span {mso-style-name:apple-style-span;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

IIT Bombay

CHEMICAL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr)

COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr)

ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr)

MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr)

IIT Delhi

ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (POWER) (B.Tech. 4 Yr)

IIT Kharagpur

ELECTRONICS & ELECTRICAL COMM. ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr)

IIT Kanpur

IIT Madras

IIT Roorkee

ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr)

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Branch Ranking of IIT

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
sir, my score in jee advanced is 63 in sc category. sir please suggest me which iits and which its branches that i should go for?

Hi See your marks is below the SC cut off(119) for IIT JEE advanced exam. So won't be able to get IITs. Arun Kumar IIT Delhi Btech Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar one month ago

You may get admission in preparatory courses at IIT .
  img
Sher Mohammad one month ago

but sir according to last year 2013 the cut off for sc students was 63.

dipu singh one month ago
Sir Please rank these branches in terms of scope and job opportunities: CS, electrical, electronics, mechanical, chemical, civil, ocean engg & naval architecture, materials science & engg.

This is the order more or less depending upon the past data acquired from various sources. CS ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS MECHANICAL CIVIL CHEMICAL MATERIAL SCIENCE OCEAN AND NAVAL
  img
Sourabh Singh 7 days ago
iit bhu cse( dual ) or dce cse or ece iit guwahati?

Hello student, IIt bhu cse dual degree is better from all the above options and it has very good placements All the best for your future Thanks and Regards Shaik Aasif askIITians faculty
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 28 days ago

go to dce/nsit if you want to enjoy good social life, get distracted, not study and learn anything, and get lots of free time and good placements. faculty and syllabus is really not good...

Vineet Vinayak 28 days ago
Best book for maths for jee main and advance self study

You can visit this link to find out required books for JEE MAIN AND ADVANCED ”www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspx”
  img
Sourabh Singh 8 days ago
Is Architecture better than biotechnology... In BIT Mesra... Which one should I give my first preference. How is architecture in terms of placements...

Architectur is a fast growing sector in India and so is Bio technology.As long as I know If you take architecture you have to start a firm yourself or join in with 4 or 5 others and...

Marilyn Sanjana 14 days ago

Architectur is a fast growing sector in India and so is Bio technology.As long as I know If you take architecture you have to start a firm yourself or join in with 4 or 5 others and...

Marilyn Sanjana 14 days ago

So you mean biotechnology must be our priority relative to architecture....?

Pranjal K 13 days ago
i am now stuing in 12 and iam starting my preparation for iit from 1/11/9 i can study maximum hours required in next months i have all the required material also but i dont kow how sould i...

Dear prasan You have started your prepration from 1/11/09 so you have only hadly 5 month left. you have not mention what is the reason to leave coaching classes. you need to work hard almost...

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 4 years ago

Dear prasan upadhyay , Hope you are fine. I can understand your problem. Don't think about the past. Now the important thing you have to do is don't neglect the your present studies. While...

Askiitians Expert Nagaraju 4 years ago
View all Questions »