There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

I have got a rank of 774 in JEE-2009. I wanted to know if taking a mechanical btech course in Kanpur is better than taking a dual mechanical in IIT Bombay? Is the mechanical deptt better in Kanpur or Bombay?  

If I take a dual course in IIT, then do I get the two degrees separately or do I get an Mtech degree only?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Prasun,

Congratulation for getting such a good rank in JEE 2009. Taking B.Tech in Mech kanpur will be a better option than Dual at Bombay. Though both the colleges are good but Kanpur will be good. In Dual degree last year generally comprises of computer application which is just a wastage of 1 year so dont go for it.

Thank you.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Branch Ranking of IIT

i have not yet stared my preparation for iit. is it possible for an average student to get into iit at this moment of passing first 4 months of class 11
Definitely, where there is will there is a way. Average is just a word for you till you start studying. Make proper time table Prepare under proper Guidance. Go through the blog I have...
Harsh Patodia 14 days ago
please visit thanks and post if still some doubts
SAHIL 3 months ago
Mech in iit kharagpur or cse in nit trichy which is better
@ jakka frst of all i appreciate your effort of clearing jee advanced with such a good rank .. it completely depend upon your intrest that you are intrested to be a software engineet and...
Umakant biswal 4 months ago
Don’t be in a fix regarding the choice of either of these branches, let me tell you that the future prospects in CSE branch are quite bright.On the other hand Mechanical branch is equally...
Aneesh Sehgal 4 months ago
getting a good iit like that of iit kharagpur . so, acc to me frst preference go for iit kharagpur mechanical as its the most suitable branch and having good placement . and if u hv intrest...
raj 4 months ago
my brother rank in KIITEEE is 13900 general can he get admission in electronics and tele communication for dual degree please answer soon L….….….….….….….….….….….….…....
Yes he may get an admission , but i suggest to come out of your home state and try at other equally good or rather more competent colleges or universities like – Institute of Enginering and ...
Aneesh Sehgal 5 months ago
Electronics and Communication branch is a thing of past.It will be hard to get a job.Please avoid this branch.Electrical,Mechanical.Civil,Industrial Engg/Manufacturing etc are better and...
Sanjeev Anand 5 months ago
Jee Advance 2015 Opening and closing Rank List I got here
How can you get the opening and closing rank of jee advanced 2015. Still the procedure of conselling is not compeletd yet. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
Ok then Its fine.
This is Opening and closing rank based on fisrt round only you can view it at in the pdf file
Mohammad Azaz one year ago
how to face tension in exams
before eaxems we do yoga.we take light break fast .this only one thought keep our minds .that is i must write what are it may be given question
NAGOORVALI one year ago
before exam keep calm dont open any books if possible dont talk to any one 2 hours before the exam .while studying put an question why to any concept then u will memorize the concept very...
KALYAN 10 months ago
dear jyothi, the main thing u need to remember is that in exam u r getting nervous means that there is a fault in u r preperation for that exam,. & then my suggestion is taht u stay calm...
Dheeru chowdary 9 months ago
which college will i got after scoring 34000 in jee main and 16000 in jee advanced . i belong to general category and uttarakhand student . is nit uk is good
Dear Student, Please visit the official website of jee mains and advanced for previous year opening and closing rank for different institutes. You will get the idea from there. Thanks.
NIT Uttrakhand is quite good but the question is you may crack in over there or not and to confirm it you need to visit the official weblink of Jeemains and Josaa as there only you may be...
Soneel Verma one year ago
Sir, 1)Why is the highest package in nit warangal as less as 24 lakhs per annum this year 2015 compared to 86 lakhs last year? 2) Is nit warangal better than bits hyd in terms of packages?...
Regarding fall in higherst package, These generally depends upon some extra brilliant students. May be in that year any one/few of the students may have performed extra ordinary. Regarding...
Whenever you are stuck n a fix whether to choose quality conscious college of monetary benefit based collge then a comparson and contrast is justified, but here in your case both the...
Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Branch Ranking of IIT

Ask Experts