Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

find radius of largest circle with centre (1,0)which can be inscribed in ellipse x^2 + 4y^2 =16

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear tushar

x^2 + 4y^2 =16

point on the parabola(acosθ,bsinθ)=(4cosθ,2sinθ)

equation of normal of parabola

axsecθ -bycosecθ =a2 -b2

or 4 xsecθ - 2y cosecθ =12

it passes through (1,0)

so secθ =3

or cos θ =1/3

sinθ =2 √2/3

so point become (4cosθ,2sinθ)=(4/3,4 √2/3)

now find the distance between point (1,0) and (4/3,4 √2/3)  it will be radius  of circle.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
 If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Analytical Geometry

IN TRIANGLE ,ABC the value ogf the following equation … COS( B+2C+3A)+COS(A-B) is
Dear Student, Here you can write, B + 2C + 3A = pi + C + 2A = K(let), so cos(K) = -cos(2A+C), Therefore, now given equation becomes, cos(A-B) – cos (2A+C) now from here you can...
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago
If the coordinate of a variable point P is (t+1/t,t/
Dear student The question is incomplete. Thanks
Nishant Vora 2 months ago
Tangents from the points T to the ellipse x2-y2 equal 1 cut off a length equal to the minor axis from the tangent at (a,0). Prove that T lies on a parabola
I apologize for my should be a standard form ellipse, that is x^2/a^2 + y^2/b^2 = 1. Hope you can give me required detailed solution for this problem
JOEL JOHNSON 2 months ago
Dear Joel, First of all The eqn. x2-y2 equal 1 doesn't makes sense. It's not an ellipse. Check the required eqn plz.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
(d/dx)((2x)/(3x))? what is the value of this a)1 b)2/3 c)0 d)3/2
0 is the answer.. i am damn sure 0 is the answer.. hey i am fillin g this as rubbish because i have to have 100 characters.. anyways it is 0 because 2x/3x is 2/3.. derivative of constant is ...
Jayakrishna Natarajan 9 months ago
here the answer is zero because here 2x/3x here x and x is cancel so after here 2/3 so the answer is 0
murali 8 months ago
The sum to n terms of the series 1/4+7/16+37/64+175/256...
The general term of the sequence can be written as a k = 1 – (3/4) k . This sum of the sequence can be found out using the well known formula for n-terms of a geometric progression.
mycroft holmes 3 months ago
I am not sure the question is correct. The series do not have any pattern if the third term of series is 35/7 instead of 37/5, it can be summed easily. Please confirm.
Ajay 3 months ago
Sum of the digits of the number (10 4n2+8 +1) 2 , where n is a positive integer is ?
Hii Be it any number just calculate the total number of zeros that will precede the unit digit in the number eg 101*101 = 10201 1001 *1001 =1002001 10001*10001 = 100020001 Hence in any case...
Sourabh Singh 24 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn