Menu

find the length of the laus rectum of the parabola-

4y^2+2x-20y+17=0

plz help..thanx in advance!!

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

the above equation can be written as 

( 2y-5)^2=2(x+4)

therefore the length of the latus rectum is 2

3 years ago

A small mistake in the above post.

(2y-5)2 = -2x-17+25 = -2x+8 = -2(x-4)

or, (y- 5/2)2 = -1/2 * (x-4)

So Latus Rectum is 1/2 .

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

please explain Rectangular Hyperbola

http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee-hyperbola/rectangular-hyperbola/ just visit this link u well get answers of all ur questions PLEASE ..... if u like my answer and my answer is use full for ...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya one month ago
Product of slopes of pirpendicular lines is -1. Slope of x-axis is 0, slope of y-axis is “infinity”. But, 0*infinity is not -1 why?

If product of slopes of 2 lines is -1 then they are perpendicular. But, the converse may not be true always. The statement of converse clearly has a limitation in it i.e., if the lines are...

Raghu Vamshi Hemadri 2 months ago

If product of slopes of 2 lines is -1 then they are perpendicular. But, the converse may not be true always. The statement of converse clearly has a limitation in it i.e., if the lines are...

Raghu Vamshi Hemadri 2 months ago

we say product of slopes -1 if perpendicular when both slopes are finite tan (teta)=(m 2 - m 1 )/1+m 1 m 2 so if perpendicular denominator zero m 1 m 2 =-1 if one of them is infinite then...

Nicho priyatham 2 months ago
Two consecutive sides of a parallelgrm are 4x+5y=0 and 7x+2y=0. If the eqn of one of the diagonals is 11x+7y=9 find eqn of other diagonal.

Solve the 2 side eqns to get the point of intersection. Check if this point lies on the diagonals whose eqn is given. If yes, then this diagonal emerges from the point if intersection. If...
  img
Ravi 8 months ago

Solve the 2 side eqns to get the point of intersection. Check if this point lies on the diagonals whose eqn is given. If yes, then this diagonal emerges from the point if intersection. If...
  img
Ravi 8 months ago

img
Ravi 8 months ago
Integrate ∫sin(lnx)dx Please reply soon.

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Use ILATE rule, we have
  img
Jitender Singh one year ago

Thank u very much.

Lovey one year ago
sinA+sinB=3. and cosA+cosB=4 find sin(A+B) and tan(A+ B)

sinA+sinB=3 2sin{(A+B)/2}cos{(A-B)/2}=3 cosA+cosB=4 2cos{(A+B)/2}cos{(A-B)/2}=4 on dividing by;we get tan{(A+B)/2}=3/4 as we know tanQ={2tan(Q/2)}/{1-tan(Q/2)tan(Q/2)} now putting Q=A+B,we...

divya one month ago

in this question,sinA+sinB=3 (given) therefore,when sinA=5/6 sinB=3 – 5/6=13/6 B=sin -1( 13/6)

divya one month ago

a = 5 , b=6 ,sinA=5/6 then B =

abhignya one month ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!