X

find the length of the laus rectum of the parabola-

4y^2+2x-20y+17=0

plz help..thanx in advance!!

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

the above equation can be written as 

( 2y-5)^2=2(x+4)

therefore the length of the latus rectum is 2

3 years ago

A small mistake in the above post.

(2y-5)2 = -2x-17+25 = -2x+8 = -2(x-4)

or, (y- 5/2)2 = -1/2 * (x-4)

So Latus Rectum is 1/2 .

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I was having trouble solving this question: If the coordinates of a point p be (aCosθ, bSinθ) whereθ is a variable quantity, find locuss of p. I really dont understand how to solve such...

the ans is (x/a) 2 +(y/b) 2 =1 it is simple u just need to eliminate θ and for that take x=acosθ and y=bsinθ so cosθ=x/a and sinθ=y/b now since cos 2 θ + sin 2 θ=1 we get (x/a) 2 +(y/b) 2...

Nicho priyatham one month ago

Well that was simple! I guess I’ll just get some practice and would get a hang of it. Thanks!

Jyotinder Singh one month ago
If the point (at^2 , 2at ) be exttemity of focal chord of parabola y^2 = 4ax then show length of focalchord is a(t + 1/t^2)

Find the eqn of focal chord using the condition that the focal chord passes through the focus(a,0) as well as(at^2 , 2at) by using the two point form of the straight line. Now, find the...
  img
Ravi 8 months ago
The point nearest to the focus on parabola y^2 = 4ax has its abscissa =

Hello student, Let P(x, y) be the required point on the parabola which is nearest to the focus. Then D = √(x – a) 2 + y 2 Now, y 2 = 4ax So , D = √(x - a) 2 + 4ax =...
  img
Latika Leekha 3 months ago
how to solve trigonometry in easy way?

refer trigonometric basic text books and understand them and try to solve by seeing example sums

suraj prem chand 14 days ago
THE SIXTY SIXTH INDEPENDENCE DAY WAS ON WEDNESDAY.AFTER HOW MANY DAYS THE NEXT INDEPENDENCEDAY WILL BE ON WEDNESDAY

ans is 11 because for every 11 years calendar will be same

kartheeek 6 months ago

C KHALEEL BASHA 8 months ago
One of the best questions in probablity. The anwer is c and not b.I really can’t understand why we are subtracting 2 from 2^6 in the number of choices for birthdays.

That is the case when birthdays of 6 people lie in one month. Question asks to find for “exactly” two months. There may be case when birthdays lie in 1 month, say January for example. ATB

Akshay 24 days ago
View all Questions »