USE CODE: CART20

find the length of the laus rectum of the parabola-

4y^2+2x-20y+17=0

plz help..thanx in advance!!

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

the above equation can be written as 

( 2y-5)^2=2(x+4)

therefore the length of the latus rectum is 2

4 years ago

A small mistake in the above post.

(2y-5)2 = -2x-17+25 = -2x+8 = -2(x-4)

or, (y- 5/2)2 = -1/2 * (x-4)

So Latus Rectum is 1/2 .

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

In a graph is it possible that three lines intersect each other at a same point.

Dear student, From a point, infinate number of lines can be drawn passing through it. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 9 months ago

yes ,it is possible because in graph, through a point infinite lines can be passed

Akhil Chinnu 9 months ago
H​ii,plz anyone can help me out.....How to find Orthocentere of any triangle......whats the formula for it.?

The point where the three altitudes of a triangle intersect.
  img
Nishant Vora 5 months ago
can’t we find the equation of parabola when a tangent is drawn to the parabola

We find the equation of parabola , if we know the point at which the tangent touches the parabola and the slope of the tangent.

SAI SANDY 5 months ago
FIND UNIT VECTORS PERPENDICULAR TO THE PLANE DETERMINED BY THE POINTS P(1,-1,2) , Q(2,0,-1) AND R(0,2,1).

The two vectors in the given plane is PQ & PR PQ = (2 – 1) i + (0 + 1) j + (-1 – 2)k = i + j – 3k PR = (0 – 1)i + (2 + 1) j + (1 – 2k = –i + 3j – k The vector perpendicular to PQ & PR is PQ ...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI one year ago

The two vectors in the given plane is PQ & PR PQ = (2 – 1) i + (0 + 1) j + (-1 – 2)k = i + j – 3k PR = (0 – 1)i + (2 + 1) j + (1 – 2k = –i + 3j – k The vector perpendicular to PQ & PR is PQ ...

SHAIK HAFEEZUL KAREEM 2 months ago

THANKS!!!!

Bharat Makkar one year ago
Seven people go to a cinema and park their car outside,which are identical.while returning only three of them were able to unlock their cars.find total no. of ways in which this can be done

This will be equal to selecting 3 out of 7 people and then rearrange them but subtracting one case for which the cars will be unlock. 7P3 -1.
  img
Vijay Mukati 10 months ago

How is arihant algebra for preparation of Jee advanced. the minimum value of ab + bc + cd + de + ef + fg if a + b + c + d + e + f + g=1 if a,b,c,d,e,f,g >0 The line 2x = 3y = -z and 6x = -y ...

dont know 4 months ago

Click to Chat 1800 2000 838 CART 0 Welcome PRIYANK ma chudao apni sab ke sab BKL Click to Chat 1800 2000 838 CART 0 Welcome PRIYANK ma chudao apni sab ke sab BKL Click to Chat 1800 2000 838 ...

dont know 4 months ago
There are twenty students in your class and eight teachers teach you. A photograph of your class is to be taken with your teachers and principal in such a way that all teachers and...

there are nine seats in the first row with one fixed for the principal so the number of ways are 8! in the second row there are 20 places for the students with the 2 ends fixed which can be ...

Ankit Jaiswal 4 months ago

hii friend, here are nine seats in the first row with one fixed for the principal so the number of ways are 8! in the second row there are 20 places for the students with the 2 ends fixed...

manmath 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: int40

Get extra R 280 off
USE CODE: CART20

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts