Hello! I'm preparing for JEE 2018. I wanted to know what all topics of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics I should complete this year clearly and which ones should I keep for 12th std. Also I have started Algebra by SK Total since I feel Algebra is fundamental unit of Maths and must be done this year. Also can you recommend books other than NCERT- since I am working through them currently. PS I'm in Maharashtra Board.

Hello!
I'm preparing for JEE 2018. I wanted to know what all topics of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics I should complete this year clearly and which ones should I keep for 12th std. Also I have started Algebra by SK Total since I feel Algebra is fundamental unit of Maths and must be done this year. Also can you recommend books other than NCERT- since I am working through them currently.

PS I'm in Maharashtra Board.

Grade:11

3 Answers

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ stan 
as u are following ncert then do follow that , whatever syllabus are there in ncert for class 11th , they needs to be covered this year , and whatever are in 12th ncert , that u can cover next year , as jee is a ncert based test , then the whole syllabus they will be take from ncert only . 
and u can start algebra , trigonometry , this year as that is the funammental and ncert also lists trigo in 11th class syllabus . 
BOOKS RECOMMENDED FOR JEE 
PHYSICS 
1- CONCEPT OF PHY BY H CVERMA 
2- PROBLEMS IN GENERAL PHY BY I E IRODOV ( FOR ADVANCED LEVEL ) 
CHEMISTRY 
1- ORGANIC CHEMISTRY BY MORRISION AND BOYD 
2- INORGANIC CHEMI BY GRB PUBLICATION 
3- PHYSICAL CHEMI BY P BAHADUR / RC MUKHERJEE ( ANY ONE ) 
MATHS 
1- IIT MATHS BY A DAS GUPTA 
2- MATHS BY M L KHANNA ( ANY ONE FROM TWO ) 
HOPE IT CLEARS YOUR DOUBT 
ALL THE BEST ..
Stan
23 Points
7 years ago
Thanks for your reply, sir! I'll surely follow your advice. I have few questions:
1. Isnt the Arrogant topic wise books for Maths little bit easier than ML Khana? I'm thinking of completing arihant 'Skills in Mathematics ' series and then move to ML Khana.
2. I'm having a 2nd hand LG Wade's book, which isn't old version, which I had got for free. So should I use LG wade for organic after NCERT?

THANKS again!
SAHIL
3778 Points
7 years ago
HELLO DEAR:}
YES YOU ARE FOLLOWING THE RIGHT PATH.AFTER COMPLETING NCERT YOU CAN SURELY MOVE TO LG WADE FOR ORGANIC AFTER NCERT.MOREOVER YOU CAN FIRSTLY COMPLETE  ARIHANT 'Skills in Mathematics ' series and then move to ML Khana.KEEP SOLVING NCERT BOOKS AND NCERT EXEMPLAR BOOKS ALONG WITH THESE REFERENCES.
PAY ATTENTION TO STATE BOARD BOOKS ALSO. THIS WILL HELP YOU TO SCORE BETTER IN STATE LEVEL COMPETITION EXAMS AS WELL AS IIT  JEE
IF YOU ARE FACING PROBLEM IN ANY QUESTION PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST. OUR TOP FACULTY WILL ANSWER IT IN THE MAXIMUM SHORT TIME POSSIBLE
THANKS

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free