Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

(ax2+bx+c)y+a'x2+b'x+c'=0.........find the condition that x may be a rational functional of y......

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Rational function is defined in similar fashion as rational number is defined in terms of numerator and denominator. Implicitly, we refer “real” rational function here. It is defined as the ratio of two real polynomials with the condition that polynomial in the denominator is not a zero polynomial.

f(x) = p(x)/q(x) for q(x) not equal to 0

Rational function is not defined for values of x for which denominator polynomial evaluates to zero as ratio “p(x)/0” is not defined

here y = -(a'x2+b'x+c)/(ax2+bx+c) is rational if

ax2+bx+c not equal to 0

implies x not equal to -b/2a + (b2-4ac)1/2 / 2a   and  -b/2a - (b2-4ac)1/2 / 2a

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

what is the graph of y= Ix-1I+Ix-4I+Ix-7I ,&how to draw it?
Harsh Patodia one month ago
Most common sequence and series questions that come in entrance exams
@ nikita WHAT EXACTLY U WANT TO KNOW ?? i am sorry there is no attachment in the question , kindly attach the ques in which u have problems . and the most imp topics in that chap is sum of...
Umakant biswal one month ago
in how many ways the letters of the word 'Arrange' can be arranged so that 2A's are separated by exactly 2 letters
If we see the case, you can shift the 2 A`s upto 4 places from the left. For each case, the other 4 letters can be arranged in their places in 4! Ways. And the 2 A`s can arrange in 2! Ways...
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
Sorry, my mistake. There are 5 letters remaining. Then the correct no. of permutations is 4*5! = 480. The case of 2! Is not applicable as both are same letters.
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
What will will come when we differentiate acceleration
when we deferentiate the acceleration we get the jerk.
RAMCHANDRARAO 9 months ago
I`m probably just being a jerk but you didn`t specify what you are differentiating with respect to.If you differentiate acceleration as a function of distance from (say) the moon, you`ll get...
rahul kushwaha 24 days ago
MR. PRABHAKAR its nothing but “JERK“, and its a sudeen movement if u want an example then when u r travelling in the bus if driver puts a sudden brake there is movement in u i.e, jeRk
Dheeru chowdary 9 months ago
1)If (1,a) , (3,9a) , (4,b) , (6,18) are collinear then (a,b/a)= A.(6,13) B.(6/7,13) C.(6/7,13/7) D.(21,13) 2)If A,B,C are collnear points A=(3,4) , B=(7,7) and AC = 10 then C = A.(5,2)...
Hii 1) find out their slopes and equate for all the pair of points . You will get the answer 2) Just equate the value of slope m = (y2-y1)/(x2-x1). You will get the answer
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
Prove that, If y = Sin -1 x, x ∈ (–1, 1) then dy/dx =1/√(1-x 2)
y = Sin -1 x ⇒ x = sin y dy/dx=cosy dy/dx=(dx/dy) -1 =1/cosy=1/ √(1-sin 2 y) =1/√(1-x 2 )
RAJU one year ago
y = Sin -1 x ⇒ x = sin y dy/dx=cosy dy/dx=(dx/dy) -1 =1/cosy=1/ √(1-sin 2 y) =1/√(1-x 2 )
Raghu Vamshi Hemadri one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn