Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

If at least 1 child in a family with 3 children is a boy find the prob that family have 2 of the children are boys

1) 3/7

2) 4/7

3) 3/8

4) 1/3

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Mayank

Given at least 1 child in a family with 3 children is a boy

so event  1 boy in a family  ,2 boy in a family ,  3 boy in a fimily are equally likily event

so chances of happening any event fou of three is 1/3

so prob that family have 2 of the children are boys =1/3

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

There is a probability that the family contains 1 boy,2boys or 3 boys.... so chance of each event selection is 1/3 but its not the final answer..

if one boy is there then chance of selecting that 1 boy from 3 children is 1/3 

if 2 boys are there then chance of selecting one boy among them is 2/3

if 3 boys are there then chance of selecting 1 boy is 3/3 i.e., 1

Now, required probability is 1/3 * 1 / 1/3 * 1 + 1/3 * 2/3 +1/3 * 1/3 = 1/2 

This is the final answer required. 

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

Find g'(x) if f(x)=|x-2| & g(x)=f[f(x)] for 2 less than or equal to x less than 4 A)1. B)-1. C)0. D) none of these
keyboard errors: , 2\leq x g(x)= f(2-2)= f(0)= 2" src=""> as step x ...
seetaram dantu 18 days ago
for 2 x f(x) = x-2 now, g(x)= f[x-2] =f ([x] - 2) we need to define piece wise 1) for 2 x x 2) for 3 x so g(x)=2 in case 1 and g(x)=1 in case 2 you can sustitute values of x for verification
seetaram dantu 18 days ago
Find the value of : square root of (-3+4i) Sorry this sentence is just to incrase characters.
@Vikas TU please write the correct in place of that solution . again , this line is to incrase the number of characters .
Divyansh Thada one month ago
let square root of (-3+4i) = x + iy squaring both sides, -3 + 4i = x^2 – y^2 +2xyi comparing both sides we get, x^2 – y^2 = – 3................(1) and 2xy = 4 xy = 2...................(2)...
Vikas TU one month ago
If |z|=2 the -1+5z lie on 1)parabola. 2)hyperbola. 3)circle
put z = x+ iy wwe get, x^2 + y^2 = 4...........................(1) The coordinate -1 + 5z becomes, (5x – 1, 5y) put it in eqn. (1) we get, (5x – 1)^2 + (5y)^2 = 4 25x^2 + 1 – 10x + 25y^2 =...
Vikas TU 26 days ago
If the line joining circumcentr and incentre is parallel to BC then cosB+cosC= I had seen that above image submitted by me is unclear . so to view the solution please click the below link . I don’t see ny option to attach image. copy ...
2017 years ago
Drop perpendiculars from I and O on to BC and let the feet of the perpendiculars be P and Q resp. IP = in-radius = r. Also OQ = R cos A. Since OI is parallel to BC, we have IP = OQ i.e. r = ...
2 days ago
The area of loop of the curve ay^2=x^2(a-x) is 15a^2/p,then p=?
Hii try to divide it along any line passing through centre and then do the double integration of figure with respect to x and y . You will get answer in this case by this method
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
how can i find d equation of a plane passing through an axis and at an angle to a given plane??
Use the equation L + lambda*P =0 and then use the one more condition that will be given in the question and you will get the answer
Sourabh Singh 5 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn