Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: MOB20

At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,

•G: event that the suspect is guilty

•C: event that he possesses the characteristic of the criminal

•P(G|C) is ?

•P(G|C) = P(GC)/P(C)

= P(C|G)P(G) / [P(C|G)P(G) + P(C|Gc)P(Gc)]

= 1(.6)/[1(.6) + (.15)(.4)] ≈ .91

Thanks and Regards
Shaik Aasif
askIITians faculty
one year ago

Post Your Answer

what is the difference b/w permutation and combination

Both are similar, the only difference lies in order of arrangement of articles. For eg if fruit salad contains combination of apples, grapes and bananas then, we don't care what order...
  img
Bhavya 17 days ago

permutation means arrangements of elements .combination means selection of elements this the main difference between permutation and combination

RAMCHANDRARAO 15 days ago
How to show that the group ( Z 4 , + 4 ) is isomorphic to ( i , *) ?

first you have to show that there exist an homomorphisim from( Z4, + 4 ) to( i , *) after that if this homomorphisim is a monomorphisim as well as an epimorphisim i.e.,homomorphisim is...
  img
Arif Hossain one month ago

Take the mapping n -----> i n . where n is an integer. Its easy to check that its a homomorphism with kernel 4Z. Hence, by the first isomorphism theorem the coset Z/4Z i.e. Z 4 is...

mycroft holmes one month ago
If A represents the area of the ellipse 3x^2+4xy +3y^2=1, then the value of 3√5A/pi is

area of ellipse= pie * a*b a = (1/3)^2 = b A = 3√5×1/3×pie/pie A= root 5 do check for the formula yourself

Yash Arora 6 months ago

jagdish singh singh 6 months ago
TAN(A+B)=

tanA+tanB/1-tanAtanB.........................................................................................................

SHAIK HAFEEZUL KAREEM 2 months ago

tanA+tanB/1-tanAtanB

Akhil Chinnu 8 months ago

tanA+tanB/1+tanAtanB

OUTPASS 8 months ago
If p/a + q/b + r/c = 0 and a/p + b/q +c/r = 1 then the value of (p/a) 2 + (q/b) 2 + (r/c) 2 = ?

Dear Student, Using (a+b+c) 2 = a 2 + b 2 + c 2 + 2(ab+bc+ca). final answer will be -2(pqr/abc). Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago

dear friends r u want the answer 4r this questoin then see my answer + 2(ab+bc+ca).final answer will be -2(pqr/abc). 2 + c 2 + b 2 = a 2 Using (a+b+c)

manmath 3 months ago
hi there! i’m stuck n solving this one using the miracle substitution(weistrass).integral of 1/(sinx(3+2cosx). i am using this as this makes everything simple. but i dont know if there are...

hey take tan(x/2)=t, then sinx= 2t/(1+t^2) and cosx= (1-t^2)/ (1+t^2) and dx=2dt/(1+t^2), ur integral will become ∫ 2dt/(2t*(3+2(1-t^2)))= ∫ dt/(t(5-2t^2)) . This u can solve by partial...

Niranjan 4 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: FC30

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: MOB20

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts