Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: CART20

At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,

•G: event that the suspect is guilty

•C: event that he possesses the characteristic of the criminal

•P(G|C) is ?

•P(G|C) = P(GC)/P(C)

= P(C|G)P(G) / [P(C|G)P(G) + P(C|Gc)P(Gc)]

= 1(.6)/[1(.6) + (.15)(.4)] ≈ .91

Thanks and Regards
Shaik Aasif
askIITians faculty
one year ago

Post Your Answer

if |z-i| less than equal to 2. (z1)=5+3i, then the maximum value of |iz+z1| is (z and z1 are complex no.).

Solution in the figure
  img
Riddhish Bhalodia one month ago

jagdish singh singh one month ago
if pth term of AP is q and qth term of Ap is p prov that nth term is p+q-n

a ​p ​= q = a + (p-1)d (1) a q ​=p = a + (q-1)d (2) (1) – (2​) q-p = (p-q)d d= -1 Substituting d in (1) a= p+q -1 a n = a+(n-1)d = p+q-1 + (n-1)(-1) a n = p+q-1 -n +1 = p+q-n
  img
Harsh Patodia 3 months ago

Let the A.P. be given by q = a + (p -1)d ... ( 1 ) p = a + (q -1)d ... ( 2 ) Subtracting ( 2 ) from ( 1 ), q - p = (p - q)d => d = -1 Putting d = -1 in ( 1 ), a = p + q - 1 nte term = a +...

Nikhilkumar 3 months ago
best book for complete theory of probability for iit jee

Gone are the days of books buy our self study package wherein we give recorded Video Lecture and Video solutions to 30 question from probability at a minimum price in market go to this link...
  img
Nishant Vora 6 months ago

This is wrong advice to give. Golden rule in mathematics is to ‘learn from the masters’ i.e. read their textbooks. You can market the study packges (which by the way tends to be material...

mycroft holmes 6 months ago
integrat sqrt(sinx) with limit 0 to pi/2.....................................

Apply By part integeration ----> Let the first function be unity and second one root sinx. integration of square root of sin x dx integration (sin x)^1/2 dx = [{(sin x)^3/2) / (3/2)}* cos x ...

vikas yadav 2 days ago
what are improper integrals? and what are the convergence of improper integrals ? why we want to study about this one ? where it will used?

IMPROPER INTEGRALS ARE THE DEFINITE INTEGRALS.IN IMPROPER INTEGRALS BOTH LIMITS OR UPPER OR LOWER LIMIT IS INFINITE IN THIS INTEGRATION THE VALUE WILL BE FINITE THAT IS CALLED CONVERGENT

RAMCHANDRARAO 5 months ago

An improper integral is a definite i ntegral that has either or both limits infinite or an integrand that approaches infinity at one or more points in the range of integration.

KALYAN 5 months ago

Dear Shivanand, Improper integral is definite integral which an infinite in lower and upper limits.And it can be solve from taking limits only.

SAI SARDAR 5 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 440 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts