ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,

•G: event that the suspect is guilty

•C: event that he possesses the characteristic of the criminal

•P(G|C) is ?

•P(G|C) = P(GC)/P(C)

= P(C|G)P(G) / [P(C|G)P(G) + P(C|Gc)P(Gc)]

= 1(.6)/[1(.6) + (.15)(.4)] ≈ .91

Thanks and Regards
Shaik Aasif
askIITians faculty
9 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Find all real values of m for which the inequalty mx 2 - 4x + 3m + 1 >0 is satisfied for all positive x.

Hello Student, Please find the solution The value of this quadratic is always positive (>0) So graph will always be above x-axis therefore the condition will be :- D>0 and a>0...
  img
Nishant Vora 7 months ago
Three terms in Harmonic Progression. If the third terms decreas by four it is Arithmetic Progression. If the third terms decrease by 3 they are in Geometric Progression. Find the three...

Let the HP be 1/a ; 1/b; 1/c So a,b,c are in AP (i) If third term of the HP is decreased by 4, i.e. 1/c-4, it makes an AP (ii) If third term of the HP is decreased by 3, i.e. 1/c-3, it makes...
  img
Ravi 5 months ago

Let the HP be 1/a ; 1/b; 1/c So a,b,c are in AP (i) If third term of the HP is decreased by 4, i.e. 1/c-4, it makes an AP (ii) If third term of the HP is decreased by 3, i.e. 1/c-3, it makes...
  img
Ravi 5 months ago
Angle between the lines whose direction cosines are given by l-5m-3n=0.7l 2 +5m 2 -3n 2

Hiiii I am from tutorsduniya.com .We connect students with teachers on facebook,whats app,etc.You can clear your concepts from teachers .You can ask them anything , you like to, be frank...

vikash khandelwal 6 months ago
see attachment and explain it

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below There is no file attached to your question. Please re – upload the file & attach it with your question. If you are...
  img
Jitender Singh 8 months ago
ques is in image

HEY aman there may be some problem while uploading que image so post it again i will try to solve it

ng29 4 days ago

there is no image post it again approve if useful

ng29 5 days ago
how many numbers in form of abcd in which a>b=c

a>b=c we can take a=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 for a=1;b=0=c for a=2;b=c=0,1 for a=3;b=c=0,1,2 . . . . . for a=9;b=c=0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 thus total=1+2+3+.....+9=45

yaswanth 3 months ago

other simple way is there are99 2 digitno. 9 areof a=b form 90/2=45 are in the form a>b 45 are in the form a

yaswanth 3 months ago

other simple way is there are99 2 digitno. 9 areof a=b form 90/2=45 are in the form a>b 45 are in the form a

yaswanth 3 months ago
View all Questions »