ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,

•G: event that the suspect is guilty

•C: event that he possesses the characteristic of the criminal

•P(G|C) is ?

•P(G|C) = P(GC)/P(C)

= P(C|G)P(G) / [P(C|G)P(G) + P(C|Gc)P(Gc)]

= 1(.6)/[1(.6) + (.15)(.4)] ≈ .91

Thanks and Regards
Shaik Aasif
askIITians faculty
9 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
2x=10

x=5 because if we divide both sides by 2 we get x=5 aFinal ANs: x=5

MOHAMMED ANAS 3 months ago

x=5 because if we divide both sides by 2 we get x=5 aFinal ANs: x=5

MOHAMMED ANAS 3 months ago

x=5

karthik 3 months ago
If 9th, 13th and 15th terms of an arithmetical progression are the first three terms of a geometric series whose sum of infinite terms is 80, then find the first term for A.P and also for...

let the first term of an AP be a and the common difference be d 9 th term=a+8d 13 th term=a+12d 15 th term=a+14d for a gp the first term -a+8d 2 term-a+12d 3 rd term-a+14d we have...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 4 months ago
Number of Integral terms in expansion of (5^1/2 + 7^1/8)^1024 ?

I’m sorry I’ve done it now.. But I will answer anyway.. Write the general term. Tr+1= 1024Cr.(5 1/2 ) 1024-r .(7 1/8 ) r Now 1024Cr is always an integer.. We have to check for (1024-r)/2 and...

Siddharth Singh 2 months ago

I’m sorry I’ve done it now.. But I will answer anyway.. Write the general term. Tr+1= 1024Cr.(5 1/2 ) 1024-r .(7 1/8 ) r Now 1024Cr is always an integer.. We have to check for (1024-r)/2 and...

Siddharth Singh 2 months ago
Calcilate the area bounded between the curves y = x and y = lnx from 0 and 1.

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below y = x y = lnx Area b/w curves ‘A’
  img
Jitender Singh 7 months ago

first we should find the area covered by the line in the interval oto1 then we find area covered by the curve lnx in the interval 0 to 1 then the difference gives us the answer

pavansai 7 months ago
[ r1 – r ]/a + [r2 – r]/b =?

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 8 months ago
TANGENTS AND NORMALS show that the following curve intersect orthogonally at the indicated points y^2=8x and 2x^2 + y^2 = 10 at (1, 2sqrt(2))

Ans: Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below y 2 = 8x Slope of tangent: 2yy’ = 8 y’ = 4/y............(1) 2x 2 + y 2 = 10 Slope of tangent: 4x + 2yy’ =...
  img
Jitender Singh 6 months ago
View all Questions »