At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,

•G: event that the suspect is guilty

•C: event that he possesses the characteristic of the criminal

•P(G|C) is ?

•P(G|C) = P(GC)/P(C)

= P(C|G)P(G) / [P(C|G)P(G) + P(C|Gc)P(Gc)]

= 1(.6)/[1(.6) + (.15)(.4)] ≈ .91

Thanks and Regards
Shaik Aasif
askIITians faculty
3 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
there are 12 girls seated in a circular table.they play a game with 12 cards.Initially the girl G has all the 12 cards in her hand.If some girl has atleast 2 cards(more than one card)in her...

final stage will be such that 6 alternate girls will have 0 cards each and other 6 alternate girls will have 2 cards each and the game goes on and on

abhidon3 28 days ago
let (1^4+2^4+3^4+....n^4)=f(n).then the sum of ∑ (2r-1)^4=?(where r=1.....n) f(2n)-16f(n ) f(2n)-f(n) f(2n)-4f(n) noe of these

use the summation terms given in this equation (1^4+2^4+3^4+....n^4)=f(n) and the given summation to find can be seen as the sum of odd terms of (2n-1) terms.First try to write f(2n) an...
  img
Sourabh Singh one month ago
if f(x)=x^4+x^3-2x^2-8x then which of the following are true?(a)f(x)=0 has 2 real roots . (b)f(x)=0 has real roots in (-1,2) sum of real roots of f(x)=0 is 2 (d) product of real roots isof...

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below Iam unable to interpret your query.i think some part of the question is missing here because check whether constant term is...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED one month ago

Is there any constant term in the given polynomial? If there is no constant, then one of the roots will be ‘0’ and the other root is ‘2’. Other roots are complex. No. of real roots = 2 Sum...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 3 months ago
Range of f(x)=[1+sinx]+[cosx-1]+[tan -1 x] x belongs to (0,2pi)

In my opinion [-3,6)

Drake 3 months ago
If lim(x->0) [1+x + (f(x)/x)] 1/x = e 3 Find f(x). f(0) not equal to zero.

Ans:Hello student, please find answer to your question
  img
Jitender Singh 3 months ago
what is the value of i to the power i

Dear Student, i i = e ( /2)*i*i ................................................................................................................................. Thanks.
  img
Shobhit Varshney one month ago
View all Questions »