Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: MOB20

At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,

•G: event that the suspect is guilty

•C: event that he possesses the characteristic of the criminal

•P(G|C) is ?

•P(G|C) = P(GC)/P(C)

= P(C|G)P(G) / [P(C|G)P(G) + P(C|Gc)P(Gc)]

= 1(.6)/[1(.6) + (.15)(.4)] ≈ .91

Thanks and Regards

Shaik Aasif

askIITians faculty

one year ago

Post Your Answer

what is algebra ? where it is useful ? why we want to know about this?

Dear Sai Sardar, Algebra is the branch of mathematics which deals with the calculus,limits and continuities.....................................

SREENIVAS 2 months ago

algebra: algebra is the language through which we describe patterns . think of it is a shortland , of sorts, as opposed to having to do something over and over again, algebra is use of a...

raj kumar 3 months ago

Algebra: algebra is the language through which we describe patterns . think of it is a shortland , of sorts, as opposed to having to do something over and over again, algebra is use of a...

Prabhakar ch 4 months ago
1=5,2=10,3=15,4=20,5=?

5 = 1 because 1 = 5

kalyan 7 months ago

5=1

venky 7 months ago

SAI 7 months ago
Consider the equation ; x 4 + ax 3 - 6x 2 + ax + 1 find parameter of a for which equation has two distict positive roots ?

Its not properly uploaded in previous comment. The answer is a is (-infinity,2). Consider only positive side of x-axis for analysis, that is x>0. At a=2, you get f(x)=x 4 +2x 3 -6x 2 +2x+1, ...

Akshay 9 months ago

The answer is a is (-infinity,2). Consider only positive side of x-axis for analysis, that is x>0. At a=2, you get f(x)=x 4 +2x 3 -6x 2 +2x+1, Differentiating with respect to x: f’(x)=4x 3...

Akshay 9 months ago

When a(is less than)2, {f(x) when a(is less than)2} (is less than) {f(x) when a=2}. At x=1, you will get f(x)(is less than)0. As f(0)(is less than)0 and f(infinity)>0 , you will get two...

Akshay 9 months ago
.If α,β are two values of θ satisfying equation cosθ/a+sinθ/b=1/c then.Prove that cot(α+β/2)=b/a. PLease kindly explain with full steps

cot( α+β/2) = (1+cos(α+β)) / (sin(α+β)) = [1+cosα*cosβ – sinα*sinβ] / [sinα*cosβ + cosα*sinβ] = [1+cos α*cos β*(1 – ta n α*tan β] / [cos α*cos β*(tan α + tan β) ] …...eq(1), take ur...

pa1 7 months ago

cot( α+β/2) = (1+cos(α+β)) / (sin(α+β)) = [1+cosα*cosβ – sinα*sinβ] / [sinα*cosβ + cosα*sinβ] = [1+cos α*cos β*(1 – ta n α*tan β] / [cos α*cos β*(tan α + tan β) ] …...eq(1), take ur...

Akshay 9 months ago
How to find root of 8+3i in complex numbers???????????????????????

Let x+iy=root of 8+3i (x+iy) 2 =8+3i x 2 -y 2 +2xyi=8+3i On comparing, x2-y2=8 and 2xy=3 ie x=3/(2y) 9/(4y 2 ) – y 2 =8 Solve and get the values of x and y z=x+iy

Amogh Dasture 3 months ago
The curve described parametrically by x = t2 + t + 1, y = t2– t + 1 represents?

Dear Student, Solve this equations to eliminate the t. You will get a second degree equation in x and y. Then compare with the general equation of second degree equation i.e. ax 2 +by 2...
  img
Vijay Mukati 5 months ago

jagdish singh singh 4 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 440 off

More Questions On Algebra