Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off

At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,

•G: event that the suspect is guilty

•C: event that he possesses the characteristic of the criminal

•P(G|C) is ?

•P(G|C) = P(GC)/P(C)

= P(C|G)P(G) / [P(C|G)P(G) + P(C|Gc)P(Gc)]

= 1(.6)/[1(.6) + (.15)(.4)] ≈ .91

Thanks and Regards

Shaik Aasif

askIITians faculty

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

what is difference between vertible and invertible function? Also give illstrution.
Hi Invertible functions are the functions for which we can find out the inverse. Usually one-one onto functions are invertible. They are also called bijective functions So, All bijective...
Nishant Vora one month ago
Sir que. No. 5.. can u help me... and if u hav some easy tricks to do this que.
For these type of problems you should convert all logs to a common base e. Also you should know graph of log function so that you can determine if Log a is greater or less than log b. . To...
Ajay 3 months ago
Here is rest of solution …................................................................................
Ajay 3 months ago
Shorter solution: 1/x = log 5 3 and 1/y = log 25 17 = log 5 >log 5 3 i.e. 1/x 0 we have x>y
mycroft holmes 3 months ago
there is a question from complex no. mam please help me for getting its answer
Kindly submit the desired question for the experts to answer! Two complex numbers are equal if and only if both their real and imaginary parts are equal. In symbols: {\displaystyle...
Stan one month ago
my test is day after tomorrow give me advice please
go to bed at time and donot study till late night health is wealth so take a balanced diet no new concepts at this time just proper sleep and fresh mind helps you to give your best best of...
SAHIL 6 months ago
dfine scalar product .give itsproperties and tow examples tell fast brows
Dear Sreekanth Indla, Scalar product of two vectors is defined as the product of the magnitudes of the two vectors and cosine of the angle between them.
SAI SARDAR 8 months ago
what is integration? and what is the real life applications of an integration?
Dear Sudharshan Integration is the one symboll used in solving problems . Integration is opposite to differentiation. It is usefull in mathematics, physics and chemistry
Prabhakar ch 9 months ago
DEAR SUDARSHAN, Integration is the act of bringing together smaller components into a single system that functions as one. Integration is used to compute such things as the areas and...
naresh raju 9 months ago
dear sudarshan..... Integration is a way of adding slices to find the whole. Integration can be used to find areas, volumes, central points and many useful things. But it is easiest to...
mohan 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 440 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn