ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,

•G: event that the suspect is guilty

•C: event that he possesses the characteristic of the criminal

•P(G|C) is ?

•P(G|C) = P(GC)/P(C)

= P(C|G)P(G) / [P(C|G)P(G) + P(C|Gc)P(Gc)]

= 1(.6)/[1(.6) + (.15)(.4)] ≈ .91

Thanks and Regards

Shaik Aasif

askIITians faculty

10 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
how to calculate no of common tangents to two circles can you explain with an eg?

Actually there are several cases If circles touch internally → number of common tangents = 1 If circles touch externally → number of common tangents = 3 If circles do not touch...
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago

d=r1+r2 3 common tangents d is distance between centres of two circles d>r1+r2 4 commom tangents d approve if useful approve if useful

ng29 one month ago
define quadric equation

In mathematics, a quadric, or quadric surface, is any D-dimensional hypersurface in (D + 1)-dimensional space defined as the locus of zeros of a quadratic polynomial. In coordinates x1, x2,...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 months ago

test answer

prafull 6 months ago

test answer

prafull 6 months ago
Can anyone explain me cyclicity. I want to get ready for next session

The concept of cyclicity is used to identify the last digit of the number which is in the form of power like p k . Let’s take an example to understand this:Example 1 : find the unit...
  img
Komal 14 days ago
let the equation of aline be x +y+2. If the co ordinates of orthocenter and circum center are(1,1) and (2,0)then the radius of circumcircle is

I fjust this much information is given, assuming the question to be complete, Proceed with calculating the coordinates of length and foot of perpendicular from both the points on the line.As...
  img
Ravi 7 months ago
The plane ax+by+cz=1 meets the co-ordinate axes in A,B and C. The centroid of the triangle is- (3a,3b,3c) (a/3, b/3, c/3) (3/a, 3/b, 3/c) (1/3a, 1/3b, 1/3c) What i am not understanding is...

The correct answer is (D). First of all, it should be clear that a,b,c are not the intercepts of the axes x,y,z resp. If that is true then (a,0,0), (0,b,0) and (0,0,c) should satisfy the eq...

Yash Jain 4 months ago
show that of all the rectangles inscribed in a fixed circle ,the square has the maximum area

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 10 months ago
View all Questions »