ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,

•G: event that the suspect is guilty

•C: event that he possesses the characteristic of the criminal

•P(G|C) is ?

•P(G|C) = P(GC)/P(C)

= P(C|G)P(G) / [P(C|G)P(G) + P(C|Gc)P(Gc)]

= 1(.6)/[1(.6) + (.15)(.4)] ≈ .91

Thanks and Regards

Shaik Aasif

askIITians faculty

8 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
x-y=2+2y

I don’t know exactly what do you need but x-y=2+2y x-2=3y x-3y=2 this is what you can do you can’t do it futher

Jonathan Jackson 2 months ago

I don’t know exactly what do you need but x-y=2+2y x-2=3y x-3y=2 this is what you can do you can’t do it futher

Jonathan Jackson 2 months ago
if a= n c 2 then prove that a c 2 = 3 × n+1 c 4

With the value of a in terms of n, substitute the LHS of a c 2 = 3× n+1 c4 Get the eqn in terms of just n as variable. Multiply and divide by 3 to obtain the factorial in the...
  img
Ravi 4 months ago
the position o the vectors A,B,C of a triangle are i-j-3k, 2i+j-2k and -5i+2j-6k respectively.the length of the bisector AD of the angle BAC where D is on the line segment BC,is 1-15/2 2-¼...

if this is not the answer then please post the solution .. but think this is a correct approach

abhidon3 4 months ago

see as AD is internal bisector o angle BAC , it ( that is the point D ) will divide BD and DC in the ratio of AB/AC i.e 1:3 . now using the division formula get the cordinate of D . and find...

abhidon3 4 months ago
integratration

Hi, Take Ln X = t So by this substitution dt is available which is 1/x. Now our function has reduced to Sin t . dt which is easily integrable. After integration do the back substitution to...
  img
Yash Baheti 3 months ago

Hii The image is not visible properly . Kindly repost it and we will get back to you with correct answer Thanks . . . .. . . . . . . . ..
  img
Sourabh Singh 3 months ago
3 ∫ -2 1 / x+7 dx

The result would be a function of [log(x+7)] 3 -2 by applying the limits, upper and lower.......... It would be easy for you know to to put the limits and solve accordingly as a logarthimic...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 4 months ago
what is the value of i to the power i

Dear Student, i i = e ( /2)*i*i ................................................................................................................................. Thanks.
  img
Shobhit Varshney 5 months ago
View all Questions »