Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: MOB20

At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,

•G: event that the suspect is guilty

•C: event that he possesses the characteristic of the criminal

•P(G|C) is ?

•P(G|C) = P(GC)/P(C)

= P(C|G)P(G) / [P(C|G)P(G) + P(C|Gc)P(Gc)]

= 1(.6)/[1(.6) + (.15)(.4)] ≈ .91

Thanks and Regards

Shaik Aasif

askIITians faculty

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

What's idempotent law?. Please explain. Urgent .exams tomorrow!

In Boolean algebra, Idempotent Law states that combining a quantity with itself either by logical addition or logical multiplication will result in a logical sum or product that is the...

dolly bhatia 11 days ago

@ riya Idempotent Law . In Boolean algebra, Idempotent Law states that combining a quantity with itself either by logical addition or logical multiplication will result in a logical sum or...

Umakant biswal 13 days ago

The defintion is easily availible on google, may be you should try that more frequently. Idempotent Laws: For any finite set A; (i) A U A = A (ii) A ∩ A = A

Ajay 13 days ago
sir could you please help me solving with the question

Hint: Its an question based on P and C. Here you need to take different cases. Since Y and Z do not have any common element. So that the cases like Case 1 – Y is any one element from X...
  img
Vijay Mukati 9 days ago

Every element of X has three choices – (i) belong to Y (ii) belong to Z (iii) belong to neither So, the total number of ways = 3 5 = 243. (including the possibility that both Y and Z are...

mycroft holmes 8 days ago
(a+b)^2

a^2+2ab+b^2

venky 10 months ago

a+ b ) 2 a b a2 ab ab b2  The above diagram represents – a+ b is a line and the square are is a 2 + b2 +2ab Hence proved - (a+ b ) 2 = a 2 + b2 +2ab

Prabhakar ch 5 months ago

Hello frnd.................a 2 +2ab+b 2

AYESHA 4 months ago
If a=1290478349 and b=3874972357457 then tell the answer of a%b

a=1290478349 and b=3874972357457 then a%b=1290478344 because a is smaller than b. so it is not divisible

Gaddam Chethan 7 months ago

DEAR PRABHAKAR, a value is smaller than b. so it is impossible to calculate ….….….….….….….….….….….…...

Gowri sankar 6 months ago

then the value of a%b is 1290478349 because a is smallest value than b , so a is not divisible by b. but b%a is possible and can get one answer. a=1290478349 and b=3874972357457 If

vannala shivanand 7 months ago
Sir.. m nt getting this que.. can u help me ..... i tried but ans. Getting 2 bt real ans is root 2 and root 6

Neither of the answer seems to be correct. 0 and 7/4 are possible values for x as equations is satosfied for these values. There are two more more solutions which I have explained below.

Ajay 18 days ago
a,b are vectors AB,BC determined by two adjacent sides of a regular hexagon ABCDEF. The vectors represented by EF is????????????????????????????

as it is regular hexagon and given that AB = a BC =b therfore from symmetry bc is anti parallel to ef so FF will be -b approve if useful

ng29 one year ago

hi EF = – b as it is regular hexagon and given that AB = a BC =b therfore from symmetry bc is anti parallel to ef so FF will be -b approve if useful

Ankit Jaiswal 5 months ago

so what doubts are meant to be cleared whether silly or logical

ng29 one year ago
if x 2 +xy+3y 2 =1 then find (x+6y) 3 d 2 y/dx 2 +22(x 2 +3y 2 )=0

Hii I am giving you hint how to proceed. Use it and even if you are not able to contact us .
  img
Sourabh Singh 3 months ago
Question: If xe^(xy) – y = sin^2x, then find dy/dx at x=0.

Given eqn. xe^(xy) – y = sin^2x, Differentiate y w.r.t. x as: (1)e^(xy) + xe^(xy)*[1.y + xdy/dx] – dy/dx = sin2x collect dy/dx, put x = 0: dy/dx = 1 is the answer.

Vikas TU 2 months ago

xe^xy – y = sin^2x ∴ y = xe^xy – sin^2x Differention both sides w.r.t x: dy/dx = (1).(e^xy) + (x).(ye^xy) – 2.sinx.cosx ∴ dy/dx = e^xy + xy.e^xy – 2.sinx.cosx NOTE: Differentiate xe^xy by...

Praneet Debnath one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off
USE CODE: sch25

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: MOB20

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts