DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

the highest prime less than 50, that divides the binomial coefficient 100C50 ? a) 37, b) 31, c)47 d)43

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

100C50 = 100!/(50!)2

We can express the factorials as exponents of prime numbers. But that is not suppossedly required. We start with the highest ones.

Exponent of 47 in 100! = [100/47] = 2

Exponent of 47 in (50!)^2  =  [50/47]*2 = 1*2 = 2

So the exponent of 47 in (50!)^2 and 100! is same, hence they cancel out.

(For mcq purposes you can make an intelligent guess from right his point. You require a number that divides 100 thrice but 50 once. 33 is the required number).

Exponent of 43 in 100! = [100/43] = 2

Exponent of 43 in (50!)^2  =  [50/43]*2 = 1*2 = 2

Exponent of 37 in 100! = [100/37] = 2

Exponent of 37 in (50!)^2  =  [50/37]*2 = 1*2 = 2

Exponent of 33 in 100! = [100/33] = 3

Exponent of 33 in (50!)^2  =  [50/33]*2 = 1*2 = 2

Here, one 33 remains uncancelled in the numerator. So the answer is actually 33. But as i dont see an option, i would go for 31 because the other numbers dont satisfy the condition whereas 31 does. But it isnt the HIGHEST prime number doing that.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
What is simple point and double point as given in wavy curve method. Please elaborate.

When we draw a number line to represent our zeros from given inequality then points from which curve will interescet the line and goes in opp direction of curve simply then that points are...

Pushparaj Patel 22 days ago
Find the sum of n number of terms. 1/2+3/4+7/8+15/16.......n

Now that is a GP.
  img
Nishant Vora 11 days ago
what is (x+3)(x -2)??

Hello Student, Please find the answer to your question (x + 3)(x – 2) = x^2+x-6 Hope that you will be satisfied with this
  img
Pankaj one year ago

absolutely correct. x(x – 2) + 3(x – 2) = x^2 – 2x + 3x – 6 = X^2 + x – 6 Hope that you both have understood now
  img
Pankaj one year ago

(x + 3)(x – 2) =x(x – 2) + 3(x – 2) = x^2 – 2x + 3x – 6 = X^2 + x – 6 Hope that you will understand now
  img
Pankaj one year ago
Why we consider speed as a scalar quantity, as while describing speed we know that an object is moving with a particular speed in some direction? It cannot happen that an object moving with ...

Scalar physical quantities are following physics laws and having magnitude ONLY.. Speed is just the rate of conversion of distance travelled, not associated with any concept of direction.....
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago
what is the use of vector space

To represent the quantity wich have both magnitude and direction.

Vineeth 10 months ago

Hiiii I am from tutorsduniya.com .We connect students with teachers on facebook,whats app,etc.You can clear your concepts from teachers .You can ask them anything , you like to, be frank...

vikash khandelwal 10 months ago

By understanding laws of vectors we can represent a physical quantity wich has both magnitude and direction in mathematical form ,also with selecting a reference point . By understanding...

Vineeth 10 months ago
best book for calculus for jee main and advanced 1)thomas calculus or 2)Calculus - Early Transcendentals or some other books.

Arihant series, Problems in Calculus of One Variable,I.A. Maron Calculus,J. Edward
  img
Avinash 5 days ago
View all Questions »