ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

The no.s (a,b,c) are selected by throwing a dice thrice.then the probability that (a,b,c) are in A.P. is?

i am geting the ans to be 18/216 but the ans is 21/216

3 years ago

Answers : (3)

Hi Debadutta,

(a,b,c) can be

(1,2,3) -------- 2 possibilities (3,2,1) is the other order

(2,3,4) -------- 2 possibilities

.....     --------- -do-

(4,5,6) -------- -do-

it could be

(1,3,5) -------- 2 possibilities

(2,4,6) -------- 2 possibilities

or it could be

(1,1,1)

(2,2,2)

(6,6,6).

So total number of ways = 2*6 + 6 = 18.

Your answer is very fine.

Have confidence in your working. It helps for competitive exam prearation.

21/216 is not the right answer.

Regards,

Ashwin (IIT Madras).

3 years ago

How can This be an A.P.Minimum C.D for an AP is 1.

(1,1,1) (2,2,2)........(6,6,6).

3 years ago

the answar is  18/216, there cant be more than 18 combos of AP for 3 die

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Let a,b,c E R and a (is not equal to 0) be such that (a+c) 2 2, then the quadratic equation ax 2 + bx + c = 0 has : Imaginary roots. Real roots. Exactly one real root lying in the...

Hello student, Please find my response to your question below Iam unable to interpret your query Because you didot mention the condition clearly here so without condition you may not get an...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 7 months ago

Hello student, Please find my response to your question below What does the line’a (is not equal to 0) be such that (a+c) 2 ’mean it does not have a meaning i think there should...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 7 months ago

in the first line it is (a+c)^2

Ujjwal 7 months ago
Three terms in Harmonic Progression. If the third terms decreas by four it is Arithmetic Progression. If the third terms decrease by 3 they are in Geometric Progression. Find the three...

Let the HP be 1/a ; 1/b; 1/c So a,b,c are in AP (i) If third term of the HP is decreased by 4, i.e. 1/c-4, it makes an AP (ii) If third term of the HP is decreased by 3, i.e. 1/c-3, it makes...
  img
Ravi 4 months ago

Let the HP be 1/a ; 1/b; 1/c So a,b,c are in AP (i) If third term of the HP is decreased by 4, i.e. 1/c-4, it makes an AP (ii) If third term of the HP is decreased by 3, i.e. 1/c-3, it makes...
  img
Ravi 4 months ago
let t n denote the number of the integral sided traingles with distinct sides chosen from {1,2,3,4......n} then t 20 -t 10 = pls explain with stepwise solution

Let the sides of triangle be a, b, c so that b + c > a Take a = 20. Since a, b, c are distinct - If b = 19, c can take values from 2 to 18 = 17 distinct no. of values if b = 18, c can take...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 4 months ago
R=(7+4*root3)^{2n}=I+f find R(1-f)

Hello Student, G=(7-4*root3)^{2n}=Even integer. I+f+G=an even integer. f+G=1=>G=1-f =>R(1-f)=RG=1 Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 8 months ago
Q . A LINE HAS INTERCEPTS “a” AND “b” ON THR COORDINATE AXES. IF KEEPING THE ORIGIN FIXED , THE COORDINATE AXES ARE ROTATED THROUGH 90 0 , THE SAME LINE HAS INTERCEPTS “p” AND “q” , THEN p=a...

What’s wrong with this question? See, you might have been confused about in what manner are the axes rotated whether clockwise or anticlockwise, but the options are eliminating the doubt....

Yash Jain 3 months ago
find the area bounded by the curves x = y 2 and x = 3 – 2y 2

Hi, point of intersection of two curves (1,1) and (1,-1) Area bounded = Integration of [ (3-2y 2 ) – y 2 ] from y = -1 to y = 1 The integration come out to be 4 units....
  img
Shobhit Varshney 4 months ago

The area bounded will be given by point of intersection will be y 2 = (3 – 2y 2 ) => y 2 =1 => y = +1 and -1 so limit of integration will be -1 to +1 So just solve this definite...
  img
Nishant Vora 4 months ago
View all Questions »