The no.s (a,b,c) are selected by throwing a dice thrice.then the probability that (a,b,c) are in A.P. is?

i am geting the ans to be 18/216 but the ans is 21/216

2 years ago

Answers : (3)

Hi Debadutta,

(a,b,c) can be

(1,2,3) -------- 2 possibilities (3,2,1) is the other order

(2,3,4) -------- 2 possibilities

.....     --------- -do-

(4,5,6) -------- -do-

it could be

(1,3,5) -------- 2 possibilities

(2,4,6) -------- 2 possibilities

or it could be

(1,1,1)

(2,2,2)

(6,6,6).

So total number of ways = 2*6 + 6 = 18.

Your answer is very fine.

Have confidence in your working. It helps for competitive exam prearation.

21/216 is not the right answer.

Regards,

Ashwin (IIT Madras).

2 years ago

How can This be an A.P.Minimum C.D for an AP is 1.

(1,1,1) (2,2,2)........(6,6,6).

2 years ago

the answar is  18/216, there cant be more than 18 combos of AP for 3 die

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
If the roots α and β (α + β ≠ 0) of the quadratic equation ax^2 + bx + c = 0 are real and of opposite sign. Then show that roots of the equation α(x - β)^2 + β(x - α)^2 = 0 are also real and...

Product of roots is This immediately means that both roots are real and of opposite signs (if they were complex, then they are conjugates and their product is always positive)

mycroft holmes 2 months ago
If ax2 - bx +5 = 0 does not have 2 distinct real roots, then find the minimum value of 5a + b?

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below Given equation is ax^2-bx+5=0. Since the equation does not have 2 distinct real roots, therefore discriminant 0 i.e. b 2 -20a 0...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED one month ago

ax^2-bx+5=0. Since the equation does not have 2 distinct real roots, therefore discriminant i.e. b^2-20a 20a >/= b^2 5a >/= b^2 /4 5a+b >/= b^2/4 + b. b^2/4 + b is a quadratic equation whose...

Sargun Nagpal one month ago

ax^2-bx+5=0. Since the equation does not have 2 distinct real roots, therefore discriminant i.e. b^2-20a 20a >/= b^2 5a >/= b^2 /4 5a+b >/= b^2/4 + b. b^2/4 + b is a quadratic equation whose...

Sargun Nagpal one month ago
if the equation 2x^2 +4xy + 7y^2-12x-2y+t=0 where “t’ is a parameter has exactly one real solution of the form (x,y).Then the sum of (x+y) =?

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below Given2x^2 +4xy + 7y^2-12x-2y+t=0 2x 2 +4x(y-3)+7y 2 -2y+t=0 discriminant should be=0 for one solution so 16(y-3) 2 -8(7y 2...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 2 months ago
evaluate ∫ (m/x + x/m + m^x + x^m mx) dx

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago
​Q. IF f ( x ) IS A DIFFERENTIABLE FUNCTION AND f ’ ( x ) = log 1/3 ( log 3 ( sin x + a) ) , THEN FIND THE INTERVAL OF ‘’a’’ SO THAT f ( x ) IS DECREASING FOR ALL REAL VALUES OF x .

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below If the f(x) is decreasing, then ............(1) Also for the domain of logarithm function, …......(2) Combining (1) and...
  img
Jitender Singh one month ago

but i think a > 4 as a =3 doesnt satisfy the equation.

bharat makkar one month ago
Find the arithmetic mean of the ordinates of the feet of the normals from the point (3,5) to the parabola y^2 = 8x

Sum of the ordinates of conormal points is zero. we can prove by following approach: Equation of normal at any point(2t^2,4t) to the parabola y^2=8x is y= -ty+4t+2t^3 it passes through (3,5)...
  img
Sunil Raikwar 2 months ago
View all Questions »