ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

The no.s (a,b,c) are selected by throwing a dice thrice.then the probability that (a,b,c) are in A.P. is?

i am geting the ans to be 18/216 but the ans is 21/216

3 years ago

Answers : (3)

Hi Debadutta,

(a,b,c) can be

(1,2,3) -------- 2 possibilities (3,2,1) is the other order

(2,3,4) -------- 2 possibilities

.....     --------- -do-

(4,5,6) -------- -do-

it could be

(1,3,5) -------- 2 possibilities

(2,4,6) -------- 2 possibilities

or it could be

(1,1,1)

(2,2,2)

(6,6,6).

So total number of ways = 2*6 + 6 = 18.

Your answer is very fine.

Have confidence in your working. It helps for competitive exam prearation.

21/216 is not the right answer.

Regards,

Ashwin (IIT Madras).

3 years ago

How can This be an A.P.Minimum C.D for an AP is 1.

(1,1,1) (2,2,2)........(6,6,6).

3 years ago

the answar is  18/216, there cant be more than 18 combos of AP for 3 die

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
At what values of 'a' do all the zeroes of the function, f(x) = (a-2)x 2 + 2ax + a + 3 lie on the interval (-2, 1)?

Hi, You need to consider 2 cases here. Case 1 : Take a-2>0 Now the concavity is upwards, draw the desired graph and think about the conditions. We need f(-2)>0 f(1)>0 \ But this is...
  img
Yash Baheti 7 months ago

The answer includes {2} . But leading coeff. is not equal to 0. Am i right ???

piyush soni 7 months ago
A closed conical vessel is filled with water fully and is placed with its vertex down. Thewater is let out at a constant speed. After 21 minutes it was found that the height of thewater...

let the height of cone be ‘h’ and radius be ‘r’ Volume of water is (1/3) r 2 h. After 21min height of water becomes ‘h/2’.Applying simiar trianles concept in the cone, we get new radius as...

AP GAUTHAM 5 months ago

I’m sorry it’s not showing “pi” at all.

AP GAUTHAM 5 months ago

can you explain with steps pls

poojahariharan 5 months ago
the number of words in which the letters of the word DECISIONS be arranged so that letter N is somewhere in between I’s is k! / 12 where k is______________ int type qs..

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below There are 9 letters so there are 7 cases case 1: i _ _ _ _ _ _ _ i here no of ways =7!/2! i _ _ _ _ _ _ i_ no of ways=6*6!/2! i _...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 8 months ago

Ans: Hello Student, Please find the answer to your question below. Sorry for the previous misunderstanding as i have misinterpreted the question. Word – DECISIONS S & I in the word...
  img
Jitender Singh 8 months ago
IF A+B+C = 180 THEN COS^2A + COS^2B – COS^2C =

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below use the following formula for the first 2 terms, CosC + CosD = 2Cos[(C+D)/2]Cos[(C-D)/2] then cos 2c is cos (2pi – (2A + 2...
  img
Nishant Vora 7 months ago
please anyone help

Ans: Hello student, Please find answer to your question below [x] is the greatest integer that is less than or equal to x. [x] is 0 if x lies between 0 (included) and 1 (excluded) [x] is 1...
  img
Jitender Singh 7 months ago
If AB=2a, given base of triangle ABP where p is a varianle such that tanA+tanB=k(constant) then locus of P is? a: circle b:parabola c: hyperbola

b:parabola is ans. use A+B = 180-P then take tan and apply angle between lines formula. Assume A(a,0) B(-a,0)

yashpal 5 months ago
View all Questions »