The no.s (a,b,c) are selected by throwing a dice thrice.then the probability that (a,b,c) are in A.P. is?

i am geting the ans to be 18/216 but the ans is 21/216

2 years ago

Answers : (3)

Hi Debadutta,

(a,b,c) can be

(1,2,3) -------- 2 possibilities (3,2,1) is the other order

(2,3,4) -------- 2 possibilities

.....     --------- -do-

(4,5,6) -------- -do-

it could be

(1,3,5) -------- 2 possibilities

(2,4,6) -------- 2 possibilities

or it could be

(1,1,1)

(2,2,2)

(6,6,6).

So total number of ways = 2*6 + 6 = 18.

Your answer is very fine.

Have confidence in your working. It helps for competitive exam prearation.

21/216 is not the right answer.

Regards,

Ashwin (IIT Madras).

2 years ago

How can This be an A.P.Minimum C.D for an AP is 1.

(1,1,1) (2,2,2)........(6,6,6).

2 years ago

the answar is  18/216, there cant be more than 18 combos of AP for 3 die

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
x^2+y^2=1 then min value of (4-y)/(7-x)

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below Givenx^2+y^2=1 so y=sqrt(1-x 2 ).............(1) Asked to find outmin value of (4-y)/(7-x) substituting (1) in(4-y)/(7-x) we get...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 2 months ago
If c is positive and 2ax^2 + 3bx + 5c = 0 does not have any real roots, then prove that 2a - 3b + 5c > 0.

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Since this equation does not have any real roots. So f(x) will either be positve or negative. Lets check out. Since c > 0...
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago
if f(x)=x^4+x^3-2x^2-8x then which of the following are true?(a)f(x)=0 has 2 real roots . (b)f(x)=0 has real roots in (-1,2) sum of real roots of f(x)=0 is 2 (d) product of real roots isof...

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below Iam unable to interpret your query.i think some part of the question is missing here because check whether constant term is...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED one month ago

Is there any constant term in the given polynomial? If there is no constant, then one of the roots will be ‘0’ and the other root is ‘2’. Other roots are complex. No. of real roots = 2 Sum...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 3 months ago
if pair of lines ax^2+2hxy+by^2+2gx+2fy+c=0 intersect on y axis then ... a.2fgh=hg^2+ch^2 b.hg^2 not equal to ch^2 c.abc=2fgh d.none of these

A pair of equations intersecting on the y-axis is given by: (px+my+n)(qx+my+n)=0. You can see that by putting x=0 in each factor on the LHS, and observing that the y-coordinate is the same....
  img
bharat bajaj 6 months ago
what is cos90

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below 0, 30, 45, 60 & 90 degrees comes under the standard angles
  img
Jitender Singh 28 days ago

Cos 90 ie.cosπ/2= 0

Nidhi Prajapati 26 days ago

cos(90) = 0

Harshakavya 27 days ago
hi in numerator it is e raise to power modulus of x ...please help ….i posted ….......last time i posted this quetion …..at that time i called e raise to power integral part which is wrong...

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below So, range of f(x) varies from -1 to 1 (both exclusive). But the co-domain is R. So f(x) is into function. (Function is onto when...
  img
Jitender Singh one month ago
View all Questions »