Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: MOB20

The no.s (a,b,c) are selected by throwing a dice thrice.then the probability that (a,b,c) are in A.P. is?

i am geting the ans to be 18/216 but the ans is 21/216

4 years ago

Answers : (3)

Hi Debadutta,

(a,b,c) can be

(1,2,3) -------- 2 possibilities (3,2,1) is the other order

(2,3,4) -------- 2 possibilities

.....     --------- -do-

(4,5,6) -------- -do-

it could be

(1,3,5) -------- 2 possibilities

(2,4,6) -------- 2 possibilities

or it could be

(1,1,1)

(2,2,2)

(6,6,6).

So total number of ways = 2*6 + 6 = 18.

Your answer is very fine.

Have confidence in your working. It helps for competitive exam prearation.

21/216 is not the right answer.

Regards,

Ashwin (IIT Madras).

4 years ago

How can This be an A.P.Minimum C.D for an AP is 1.

(1,1,1) (2,2,2)........(6,6,6).

4 years ago

the answar is  18/216, there cant be more than 18 combos of AP for 3 die

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

if a,b and c are in arithmetic progression then prove that 2b=a+c?

Dear Student, If a, b and c are in AP, this means that the comman difference between these numbers will be equal. i.e. b – a = c – b or 2b = a+c. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati one month ago

since b=a+c/2 therefore 2b=a+c -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rajesh one month ago
what is eccentricity?????????????????????????????????????

In mathematics, the eccentricity, denoted e or , is a parameter associated with every conic section. It can be thought of as a measure of how much the conic section deviates from being...

Prabhakar ch 2 months ago

Essentrisity is the measure of hou many any conic section deviates from being circular.the essentricity of circle is zero.ellipse e=c/a

malle yaswanthkumar 2 months ago

my dear guddi at room temparature value 25.then we substuite the values of p,r,v values then we get the number of moles.

malle yaswanthkumar 2 months ago
What is quadratic formula say Very fastly please very important

Dear Subhang reddy, Quadratic formula is the determine of variables in quadratic expression which is second degree that is

SAI SARDAR 4 months ago

Dear Subhang Reddy it is the quadratic formulae r all the bet for your bright future.................................................

Prabhakar ch 4 months ago
let L1 be a straight line through the origin and L2 be the straight line x+y=1.if the intercept made by the circle x²+y²-x+3y=0 on L1 and L2 are equal, then which of the following represents...

It’s simple Lets say L1 is y=mx Then as chords are equal the perpendicular distance from the center of the circle should also be same center is (1/2,-3/2) so we have (by equating the...
  img
Riddhish Bhalodia 3 months ago
what is the real life applications of differentiation????????????????????????????????????

HAI GURAVAIAH, THE REAL LIFE APPLICATIONS OF THE DIFFERENTIATION IS THE USE OF THE SOLVE THE ONE PROBLEM IN THE GIVEN SOLUTION......................................................

Gowri sankar 3 months ago

the use of differentia is the systamatic way of sloving probles and imporve the method of solving problemsThe real life applications of differentiation are in business also and using...

raj kumar 3 months ago

Hello Guravaiah DAILY LIFE USES OF DIFFERENTIATION AND INTEGRATION. In Isaac Newton's day, one of the biggest problems was poor navigation at sea.

Gaddam Chethan 3 months ago
∫sin 2x.cos2x dx

Dear Student, Hint: Multiply and divide by 2, Use 2sinAcosA = sin (2A) and then integrate it. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 10 months ago

Dear Student, Use the hint as I provided. That will be easier compared to yours. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 10 months ago

thanks vijay sir.. but if i substitute sin2x =t and then integrate i got different answer

sumit 10 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: FC20

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: MOB20

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts