Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off

let A= set of 3x3 determinat having entries +1 or -1, if a determinat A1 is chosen randomly from the set of A,then the probability that the product of the elements of any row or any column of A1 is -1 is _

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

I am not sure, but here is my best guess.

Sample Space = 2^9

(There are 9 positions, each position has two possiblities (-1 or +1) )

Favourable Outcomes :

Number of -1 in each row or coloumn should be odd.

So we get two cases here.

(i) No. of -1 in each row and coloumn is 3

(ii) No. of -1 in each row and coloumn is 1

Case 1:

This case can occur only when all the elements in the matrix is -1.

No. of favourable cases = 1

Case 2:

Consider the matrix row wise.

In the first row, you can put the -1 in any of the 3 places.

In the second row, you can put the -1 in two places (no below the previous one)

In the third row, you can put the -1 in only one place (remaining one, not below the other two).

So you get 3*2*1 = 6 possibilities in this case.

Total no. of favourable outcome = 6+1 = 7

So required probability is 7/29 ..

4 years ago

Okay I missed a case.

All digits in a single row are -1. Rest of the elements are 1.

So we get 3 more cases.

So Probability = 10/2^9

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

What happens to characteristics properties of quadratic equation if instead of x being real variable it is a complex variable properties like sum of roots& product of roots
Posting again as previous answer did not get posted correctly. The properties of roots of quadratic equation remains same even if the roots are not real
Ajay 3 months ago
what is the graph of y= Ix-1I+Ix-4I+Ix-7I ,&how to draw it?
Harsh Patodia one month ago
what is difference between vertible and invertible function? Also give illstrution.
Hi Invertible functions are the functions for which we can find out the inverse. Usually one-one onto functions are invertible. They are also called bijective functions So, All bijective...
Nishant Vora one month ago
given length and direction then how to find a vectorusing vector algebra
in two dimensional magnitude or length formula is square root of x 2 +y 2 and in 3d is square root of x 2 +y 2 +z 2 Suppose that the coordinates of the vector are (3, 4). You can find the...
Prabhakar ch 7 months ago
hello praveen, first you must know x-axis is represented by i,y-axis is represented by j and ,z-axis is represented by k.then in the given length identify the coefficient of x,y andz...
raj 7 months ago
The height of a cone is 24cm. A small cone is cut from the portion of vertex by a plane perpendicular to the axis of the cone. The volume of this small cone is 1/64 of the original cone....
As the qstn. has been asked twice. Re-posting the answer: let at h distance from base it is cut then, Volume of this cut cone = > (1/3)*pi*r^2(24-h) cm^3 = V Volume of original cone = > V’...
Vikas TU 5 days ago
does limit of a function exist if its right hand limit exists but not left hand limit
Dear Student, for the limit of function to be exists, Both the Right hand and left hand limit should exists as well as they should be equal. Hence for the given case, limit will not exists....
Vijay Mukati one year ago
Dear Your Q. is not stiesfies the defnition of limit so that we can simply say that one sided limit exists only this can not imply the existence of the limit.
Kumar 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 440 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn